Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > McLaren > F1
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-13-2004, 09:53 AM   #46
maartenvanthek
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to maartenvanthek
Re: Awesome LM pic

tom meissner is the owner of 11r, 23r iirc and the other for sale @ ks - autohandels in germany. it's clear that even wise people get distracted by the colour of things
maartenvanthek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 01:45 AM   #47
zx4000
AF Regular

these pics are new to me. but posted before?

zx4000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 05:44 AM   #48
Peloton25
McLaren Fanatic

Thanked 1,763 Times in 741 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Peloton25
They're new to me as well, but it should be noted that is not an LM. Even the windsheild banner clearly identifies it as a GTR. Maybe you weren't representing it as an LM, but you did put it in this thread.

Anyway, this is most likely GTR #11R once again. Its been seen at tracks before as well as on display at a few car shows. There's another '96 GTR that looks identical, but it doesn't wear the additional cowling over the roof air intake.

>8^)
ER
Peloton25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 07:16 AM   #49
zx4000
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peloton25
They're new to me as well, but it should be noted that is not an LM. Even the windsheild banner clearly identifies it as a GTR. Maybe you weren't representing it as an LM, but you did put it in this thread.

Anyway, this is most likely GTR #11R once again. Its been seen at tracks before as well as on display at a few car shows. There's another '96 GTR that looks identical, but it doesn't wear the additional cowling over the roof air intake.

>8^)
ER
Yes. You are right. actually when i saw those pics at first, thought this as LM. but from your comments, i realized the differance and found additional the air-bent in front of rear fender not existing in the LM, which is also just trivial thing you already know.

My following saying is entirely off-topic. Most of Mclaren enthusiasts in this forum seem to have more strong self-confidence unlikely another sites, which is likely to be even beneficial users who know our topics in detail more. On the other hand , to begginers, that pointed sharp acknowledge used to be very high block to cross over and offend them from time to time. Although to be more accurate is obviously to need for us, if there were more generosity our special forum could be even better to draw another attention. My personal opinion was so long. What i truly wanna say is that the final purpose of our forum should be more enjoyable place to come and share the information. Simultaeously the beginners also should be more careful before posting and telling something in here. In searching information must be the part of life.
zx4000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 04:30 PM   #50
Great-King-Rat
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to Great-King-Rat
Its a nice car. Wonder if he would like to trade for an F 50 Ferrari...
Great-King-Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 05:07 PM   #51
ArchangelGTR
AF Regular

Re: Re: Awesome LM pic

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx4000
Yes. You are right. actually when i saw those pics at first, thought this as LM. but from your comments, i realized the differance and found additional the air-bent in front of rear fender not existing in the LM, which is also just trivial thing you already know.

My following saying is entirely off-topic. Most of Mclaren enthusiasts in this forum seem to have more strong self-confidence unlikely another sites, which is likely to be even beneficial users who know our topics in detail more. On the other hand , to begginers, that pointed sharp acknowledge used to be very high block to cross over and offend them from time to time. Although to be more accurate is obviously to need for us, if there were more generosity our special forum could be even better to draw another attention. My personal opinion was so long. What i truly wanna say is that the final purpose of our forum should be more enjoyable place to come and share the information. Simultaeously the beginners also should be more careful before posting and telling something in here. In searching information must be the part of life.
Don't take too much offense zx4000. This forum has a steep learning curve with true enthusiasts with considerable knowledge. Most of the veterans here are just trying to keep the information as accurate as possible. I've appreciated the McLaren for a long time, but I'm not a veteran on this forum. This forum certainly opens my eyes to nuances of the McLaren, I've never dreamed I would get to know.

If you have something to contribute, please do so! I'm sure we all appreciate it, even it is something in the wrong section. New pictures are always appreciated.
ArchangelGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 05:48 PM   #52
Peloton25
McLaren Fanatic

Well for the record, I wasn't really scolding him for posting those pics here, I just wanted to be certain that he and anyone who came across those pictures would realize that it was not a true LM.

I can not count the number of times I have had to correct someone on that with on of these look-a-likes, or post the listing of how you can tell the difference on various message forums.

Anyway - damn McLaren Cars for giving in to customer's wishes and painting these GTRs Historic "Paypaya" Orange.

>8^)
ER
Old 10-28-2004, 09:15 PM   #53
Thorst13
AF Enthusiast

Well, I know that if I have paid 1.2 mill.$ for a car, I would paint it in any damn color I like!:-)
Bu t see your point, takes away some authenticy...
Thorst13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 08:43 AM   #54
ArchangelGTR
AF Regular

I do see your point about the color. But what about the non-papaya LM's? Would the non-papaya LM's be considered rarer or an anomoly? I'm curious about everyone's thoughts.
Old 10-29-2004, 09:37 AM   #55
jkbon
AF Regular

Personnaly I would pay much to have a papaya LM that a black one.

Haven seen some cars of the sutan around the net, my opinion is that this guy as no taste.

And I think I (we ?) will be disappointed when a picture of a black LM will be released.
jkbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 10:13 AM   #56
ArchangelGTR
AF Regular

I think you'r eright jkbon. The Papaya does lend itself to historical significance/aura.
Old 10-29-2004, 01:30 PM   #57
Peloton25
McLaren Fanatic

I think he's right that we would probably be disappointed by the actual look of the Black LMs - however I must say I would still be very excited to finally see the photos. For the simple fact of finally putting the mystery to rest, they're practically priceless.

I suspect that if you stripped the colored flag graphics off of them which they are reported to wear, that they would look great though. The rest of the paint on the car is supposed to match the #59 LeMans -winning 'Ueno Clinic' livery I believe, so if you can picture that without all the sponsor logos, then that should give us a pretty good idea on the look of the Black LMs.

I think any LM - even in Sultan-molested form - would fetch about the same amount of money. Personally, I like the look of the darker F1s that wear the High Downforce Kit, so I'd probably take the black over the orange.

>8^)
ER
Old 10-30-2004, 12:55 AM   #58
Great-King-Rat
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to Great-King-Rat
I think the papaya orange and black wheels go good together...all I can say is if Im owning a million dollar car its how I want it...not others.
Great-King-Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 02:17 PM   #59
anund
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Mike
talking about LM, We have discovered a new owner.
Today I went to the Australian Motor Show and basically spent the whole day talking to the David Clark of Koenigsegg.
(If anybody knows his name please tell!!)

He said he has spoken to David Clark alot and seems bloody reliable.
"Have u sat in an F1?" "Yes in Sweeden, it was a GTR, the owner had the whole collection.. a LM, an normal road car and a GTR."
"What colour was the GTR?" "Blue i think"

Im guessing Ray Bellm.

Just a note!

-Mike
Maybe he was refering to this GTR:
http://www.cyd.liu.se/users/~andgu842/Massa/McLaren%20F1%20(1).jpg
This and the other pictures in the same folder was taken in Sweden. I don't know who the owner is though, but it's Tom Meissners yellow GTR besides it.
anund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 07:34 AM   #60
Cockrocket
AF Enthusiast

I Missed the high res shot of the shinny F1...only just returned to posting!!!

could anyone help me out!!...The smugmug web site is great with loads of realy good F1 LM pics!!...you are lucky to witness the LM in real life!...i have go no images of the F1 LM anymore as my PC crashed..so anyone kind enough to host high res images of the F1 LM would be my new best internet friend!
Cockrocket is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > McLaren > F1