Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Let's get Technical!
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Let's get Technical! Discussion for hardcore in-depth motor heads!
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-25-2004, 06:51 PM   #31
megaman277
AF Enthusiast

Re: spec list on the three black honda civics in the fast and the furious

well fast and furious 3 is gonna come out soon and its supposed to be filmed in japan, vin diesels in talks of coming bcak because its following his torreto story line again...so if its in the "motherland" of imports then it should be pretty good and we might see some serious official cars...or not
megaman277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 08:03 PM   #32
performancetuning
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to performancetuning
Some people just like the faf movies because of what they are about not because they are done well. And if it's in Japan we better see some kickass cars.
performancetuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2004, 03:38 AM   #33
error54
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to error54

The problem with f&f is that almost all of the cars are all show and no go. They are made to appeal to all of the ricer kids out there who wouldn't know the difference between a turbo and a leaf blower. Seriously, what real tuner is going to jump over a bridge going 100+? I don't know about you but having your car blow up from the 3 TANKS OF NITROUS sitting right beside you just to win some money is not worth it.

I bet all of the F&F movies are secretly funded by APC.......
error54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2004, 11:30 AM   #34
GWInquisitor14
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to GWInquisitor14

I will agree w/ u there, cuz how many mid 20 year olds have enough money to have a supra, skyline, s2000 or RX-7 and then the money to invest into performance parts. Those cars, though are really nice and bet a lotta ppl wouldn't mind driving them

FOR SALE
2 10" Alpine 1041 Type R
JBL BP 1200.1 1200 watt RMS amp

Message me if you are interested, make me an offer
GWInquisitor14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2004, 02:26 PM   #35
civickiller
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to civickiller
the only cars i know that were actually fixed up was the orange supra in the first one and that s2k in the second one. and that orange supra was pretty fixed up, owed by craig leberman, with his wifes car being that maxima, whos car had a nasty hole in its fuel map, i told you it was third.
Old 06-26-2004, 06:22 PM   #36
eckoman_pdx
Honda God

Send a message via AIM to eckoman_pdx Send a message via Yahoo to eckoman_pdx
Re: Re: spec list on the three black honda civics in the fast and the furious

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWInquisitor14
Id have to say a lot of the stuff in the movie is fake but it did really spark the import tuner culture. I like the 2 movies a lot. I can tell the difference between performance and ricer too
That's the whole problem with those god-forsaken movies...the view that they "spraked the import tuner culture."

Those movies sparked a following, a bunch of mindless people who got into cars only because "they look cool in the movie." People who can't think what is cool for themselves, they have to copy. After all, that is what this thread was about, what did the 3 black civics have.

The Culture was always there to those who loved it, those who where true enthusiasts. They didn't need a movie with a 100 million dollar budget with a bunch of mostly slow car made to look fast thanks to the magic of hollywood to get into cars. They love cars simply because that was their hobby and passion. But then all these people though these "tricked out cars" looked cool. They wanted some. They went out and bought cars just because of that, uunable to think for themselves what it cool, someone else has to tell them. Half the tme they know nothing about what actualy makes the car good or bad, about it's stenghths and weaknesses. It's sparked a culture of followers, a bandwagon culture filled with crappy ractive, toucan and apc parts. That damn movie ruined the import car scence more than it helped it in that regard.

How often did you see crappy rice before the movies? Not as much as now, the poeple that had cars knew there shit in general. They did it because they loved it. Everyone wasn't a "ricer" to the rest of the world just because they had a Honda or Acura. We hadn't become quite the laugh we are now to lots of car people. Now it's "guilt by assosiation" half the time, and I hate it.

Yes, that damn movie was the start of this, but I'd rather give it all back and not have this hassle. It wasn't worth it. Never was, never will be. Before, only the real enthusiasts new about the cars, only the real enthusiasts messed around with them. Now people do it just "cuz it's cool." That's the wrong reason to do anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edman24
although you guys are right, please refrain from calling it an evo. im almost certain it was not an actual evo. just a regular lancer made to look like one. and we all should know the HUGE difference between a regular lancer and an evo.
You are both right and wrong. There was one actual Lancer Evolution 7 in the movie 2Fast2Furious. It was imported into the US speciaficly for the movie, like the Skyline. However, these were 4 "dummy" cars of every vehicle. These were the ones that were used it the rougher sense, when they might get damaged, etc.

So, there was a real Lancer Evo 7 in the movie. It's not always the actual evo in every scene it's in. Inn some scencs, it's the dummy evo, a regular Lacner made to look like the Evo from the outside. In other's it's the actual Lancer Evo 7, it just depends on the scene and what's being done, etc.
eckoman_pdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2004, 06:28 PM   #37
DeleriousZ
AF Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to DeleriousZ

amen eckoman... amen
ZedEx Crew Member #6
1988 300zx turbo 5spd. 3" mandrel exhaust, filter, afco rad, e-fan, poly engine mounts, mbc at 8.5 psi, turboxs rfl-h bov, gutted plenum, etc.

blown turbo, under construction.. gt35 coming.
DeleriousZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2004, 07:49 PM   #38
knorwj
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to knorwj
I gotta disagree with you on the whole there wasn't as much rice before the movie thing eckoman. I remember when I was in highschool seeing rice everywhere years before the movie even came out. The movie came out because there was already rice and it was the supposed "popular thing" if the producers/directors or whatever saw sleepers and true enthusiast cars as being the "in" thing for the young crowd that is what would have been showcased by the movie. But instead they wanted a movie to appeal to that crowd and thats exactly what they made.

But anyway the rice was always there, now its just that much easier to buy rice crap because of the movie, so therefore more kids are runnin out and ricing their rides out.(not directly because of the movie, more indirect I think).

Although in the case of this thread then you win haha this kid was obviously directly influenced by the movie.

New:
1998 chevy BlaZeR2~ AKA "Jeep recovery device"

Newer:
2007 Honda CB900F "919"
knorwj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2004, 10:33 PM   #39
Volume_Civics
AF Regular

(1).Simmer down Its just A MOVIE.
Volume_Civics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 06:14 PM   #40
eckoman_pdx
Honda God

Quote:
Originally Posted by knorwj
I gotta disagree with you on the whole there wasn't as much rice before the movie thing eckoman. I remember when I was in highschool seeing rice everywhere years before the movie even came out. The movie came out because there was already rice and it was the supposed "popular thing" if the producers/directors or whatever saw sleepers and true enthusiast cars as being the "in" thing for the young crowd that is what would have been showcased by the movie. But instead they wanted a movie to appeal to that crowd and thats exactly what they made.

But anyway the rice was always there, now its just that much easier to buy rice crap because of the movie, so therefore more kids are runnin out and ricing their rides out.(not directly because of the movie, more indirect I think).

Although in the case of this thread then you win haha this kid was obviously directly influenced by the movie.
True, "Rice" has always exsisted. However, the sheer amount now is a DIRECT cause of the movie. I mean, there always was some around, but there wasn't so much as to give us all a bad name. There were plenty of us who knew are stuff. Now, the amount of ignorant people who just buy what they are told or think "is cool" outways the number of us with the old school (pardon the pharse) attitude. Their sheer number grew by exponential proportions after the movie.

Without F & F...would there still be rice? Yes...would there be nearly as much? Would we automatically be labeled and have a bad name just because we drive it, would it still be guilt by assosiation...no. For every guy like you and me, there 3 guys or more like this thread starter.\

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volume_Civics
(1).Simmer down Its just A MOVIE.
If everyone realized that, we wouldn't have this problem. But the problem is, many of these kids DON'T THINK THAT. They think, "hey yo, I say this shiet in F & F, and it's tight as hell, I'mma go out and buy a dope ride and trick it."

Because of that, I won't settle down. I get sick of the rest of the world thinking I am a Piece of shit ricer who knows nothing just because I drive a Honda. I've had my Honda and been screwing with it long before that god-forksane movie, yet that doesn't matter...until you get to know me, I'm a POS ricer just becuase I drive it. It's annyoing as hell, and if you think I'm the only member of this forum with this view, then wake up and smell the coffee, because you're dead wrong.

Last edited by eckoman_pdx; 06-28-2004 at 05:16 AM.
Old 06-28-2004, 01:29 AM   #41
DeleriousZ
AF Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to DeleriousZ

i agree with you 100% eckoman... you know how it is, and you tell it how it is, we need more people like you
ZedEx Crew Member #6
1988 300zx turbo 5spd. 3" mandrel exhaust, filter, afco rad, e-fan, poly engine mounts, mbc at 8.5 psi, turboxs rfl-h bov, gutted plenum, etc.

blown turbo, under construction.. gt35 coming.
DeleriousZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 01:49 AM   #42
error54
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to error54

Shouldn't the term "ricer" be changed b/c its no longer just four bangin' imports that are being riced out. I've seen so many crappy looking neons and saturns that have been APC'ed. I know what you mean by ricers gving honda owners a bad name. But at least my prelude has the power to back. I would seriously have no problem with an EVO with altezza's and a fart can and APC written all over it b/c its an EVO. It has the power to it up even if the car does look like it was sponsored by the walmart automotive section.
error54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 05:21 AM   #43
eckoman_pdx
Honda God

Re: Re: spec list on the three black honda civics in the fast and the furious

Quote:
Originally Posted by error54
Shouldn't the term "ricer" be changed b/c its no longer just four bangin' imports that are being riced out. I've seen so many crappy looking neons and saturns that have been APC'ed. I know what you mean by ricers gving honda owners a bad name. But at least my prelude has the power to back. I would seriously have no problem with an EVO with altezza's and a fart can and APC written all over it b/c its an EVO. It has the power to it up even if the car does look like it was sponsored by the walmart automotive section.
I'd have a problem with that. It's the same attitude as we are steroetyped with. It's no differnt. It's not the car you drive, it's the attitude you have that defines the term "ricer."

What you do to your car and how you handle it reflects that attitude, and that evo you discribed reflects it perfectly. It doesn't matter what the car is, a Neon, Civic, EVO or WRX, that attitude is exactly what is wrong with the "culture" today.
Old 06-29-2004, 01:16 AM   #44
Ravenscool
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Re: spec list on the three black honda civics in the fast and the furious

Let me preface this by saying I am not a ricer, my accord is bone stock and if i had the money to spend I'd spend it on performance upgrades not bodykits and paint but that's my choice... Man people are gonna do whatever the hell they want to do and theres nothing you can do about it so you might as well get over it. It's their time, their money and their car so why should you care?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eckoman_pdx
I get sick of the rest of the world thinking I am a Piece of shit ricer who knows nothing just because I drive a Honda.
And who cares what the rest of the world thinks, is that why you live, to worry about what other people think? Fuck em, let them think what they're going to think and get on with your life.

As for the rest of this thread, I am dissappointed in how people have reacted. If you don't like what the person is asking then don't answer and don't leave smartass remarks, I mean come on. If the guy wants to spend his money then let him. If you don't know the answer then why waste your time even criticizing him for his question.
Ravenscool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2004, 04:06 AM   #45
eckoman_pdx
Honda God

Re: Re: Re: Re: spec list on the three black honda civics in the fast and the furious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenscool
Let me preface this by saying I am not a ricer, my accord is bone stock and if i had the money to spend I'd spend it on performance upgrades not bodykits and paint but that's my choice... Man people are gonna do whatever the hell they want to do and theres nothing you can do about it so you might as well get over it. It's their time, their money and their car so why should you care?

And who cares what the rest of the world thinks, is that why you live, to worry about what other people think? Fuck em, let them think what they're going to think and get on with your life.

As for the rest of this thread, I am dissappointed in how people have reacted. If you don't like what the person is asking then don't answer and don't leave smartass remarks, I mean come on. If the guy wants to spend his money then let him. If you don't know the answer then why waste your time even criticizing him for his question.
You know why I get sick of it? Cuz all these f**kin high schoolers pull up and think there hot shit...rev on you, and if you don't wanna race they get pissy. Many people agree with my views, and if you don't...good for you...it's a free country, believe what you want.

But I for one car what the rest of the world thinks. I get sick of people tailing my ass cuz they think I'm some damn ricer cuz I own a honda. I get sick of the parts place sterotyping you. I get sick of it all.

Realize people are sick of this sh*t. They are sick of these ignorant people. They give everyone a bad name. Well, we care that WE ARE BEING LABELED AS THAT BAD NAME BECAUSE OF THEM. How would you feel if someone racially stereotyped you? You'd care...well...it's the same here...we care and don't like being stereotyped, espeically as something were not.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Let's get Technical!