Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Datsun > General Discussion
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-25-2005, 08:37 PM   #1
TAKE A TOKE
AF Newbie

79 Datsun 620 Pickup

Whats up everyone!! I just bought a 79 Datsun pickup with 88000 original miles. Got it at a really good price, but i have a idling problem, runs great when i have my foot on the gas, really smooth. I replaced the fuel filter,air filter some vacume hoses nothing changed, also tried ajusting the carb. Right now i have the carb off and i have a rebuilt kit. Looks like a lot of tedious, time consuming work. Anyone have any other ideas. I will prolly rebuild anyways but just wondering if anyone else has or had simular problems.
TAKE A TOKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 04:26 PM   #2
TAKE A TOKE
AF Newbie

well got it all rebuilt (the carb i dont know if i could call it a success everything work like it did before i rebuilt it. I guess i will have to advance the timing. I have heard of people doing this but i never have. any help would be greatly appricated
Old 03-04-2006, 08:11 PM   #3
TAKE A TOKE
AF Newbie

Re: 79 Datsun 620 Pickup

i figured i would revive this thread for these posts. seems like the carpet and the truck bed had something to do with the carb LOL i caught the fever pretty bad here are some pics

here is some pics of the engine and head i just got them back from the machine shop competition valve job port and polished head comp. cam and lots of extras

Old 10-19-2018, 06:32 PM   #4
msd18
AF Newbie

Re: 79 Datsun 620 Pickup

hey i just bought a 79 Datsun 620 as well was sitting for 1 years just put a lot of wrench time into it and money I got it to idle nicely but after aboue 2 mins the engine starts letting some some white smoke probably just stuff on the engine block but thats not wat bothers me wat bothers me is when the white smoke starts from the engine compartment the truck stalls. any ideas?
msd18 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Datsun > General Discussion