Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Isuzu > Trooper | SLX | Bighorn | Wizard
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-17-2007, 08:43 AM   #76
james kremer
AF Newbie

Re: How many miles do you have your Isuzu?

Year:1990
Trooper
2.8L T.B.I.
Mileage:256,000 Km
Just bought for $1,000. Has a fuel delivery problem. Recent postings.
Old 02-18-2007, 04:22 PM   #77
gyxffyg
AF Newbie

Year: 2001
Engine: 3.5 manual trans.
Mileage: 77,000
Any major problems: 4wd fail to engage
gyxffyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 06:23 PM   #78
janice_budd
AF Newbie

Year: 1993 automatic

Mileage:162,000 just purchased it.

Any major problems: Well let's see.....from time to time when I stop it looses all gears and check tranny light flashes...put it in nuetral and restart it to regain gears...mechanic can't figure that out....then just last night put it in four low for the first time and now all my four wheel drive sqeals and sqweeks very loud......But on the upside for only $2000 what did I expect......really do like the vehicle though and will put my time into fixing it up! Really a nice ride!
janice_budd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 11:36 AM   #79
VMI07
AF Newbie

Congratulations. I am over 205,000. I have had transfercase problems. My model has TOD. My suggestion would be to find a good mechanic. The one I used was not a dealer and although he did a fine job he said he would not work on it again. Apparently its a difficult system to understand. As for the dealer I have no confidence that anything they tell me is the truth. Good luck. Its a fine automobile. I love everything about my car except the fuel milage.
VMI07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 10:01 AM   #80
sassee
AF Regular

1989 Trooper
2.6, Automatic
199,860 miles
No major problems that were due to vehicle. Previous owner (original owner, I'm the 2nd) hit a stump while deer hunting in the swamp down here and knocked a hole in the oil pan. Fried engine before he realized problem. I just have a few vaccum issues to contend with since the mechanic that rebuilt it got in a hurry on reassembly.
sassee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 12:15 PM   #81
runaround
AF Newbie

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>RUNAROUND..........Year: 97/ Engine:3.2 L V6/ Mileage:96 000/ Non were major problems/just necessary maintence:*Owned the CAR since 98* and since have replaced at 90k miles all around New belts, Water pump, Brakes, EGR, PCV, SPk PLUGS, Tires, AC Mtr.blower, fuel pump relay, and 2 Alternators >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>(but 2nd. was my fault, becareful ALt is low on the front and water will kill it) LoL. Everything else original/ Till now totally reliable/ Love MY RODEO. But, as of 3 weeks I am having a MAJOR ProblM: My Eng. shuts off while im accelerating, but I can just start it right up. Its intermitten. No codes, No diagnosis, YET!*this problem is posted on its own thread please find it and help me solve it, thank you. I appreciate any info concerning this matter*

Last edited by runaround; 04-23-2007 at 01:48 PM.
runaround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 09:21 PM   #82
600 pound
AF Newbie

1994 (bought new)
3.2 sohc
287000 and still going
Replaced starter 1999
timing belt water pump @ 80000(not needed)
cv axles and clutch 2006
burned oil from day 1 , since chev makes 3.2 & 3.5, i suppose the reason Isuzu went by the way.
600 pound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 09:37 PM   #83
TroopsTrooper
AF Newbie

Year: 1990
Engine: 4ZE1 4 cyl w/5spd
Mileage: 174,000
Any major problems:
Head gasket at 173,000. Rocker arm broke at 173,000. New engine at 174,000 (S&S $1600 7/70,000 warranty) Happy thus far.
All in all, a great rig. Bummer on the motor stuff, but I'm the xx owner, so who knows what "was not" worked on in the past.
TroopsTrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 11:17 PM   #84
dstrybos
AF Newbie

2001 Trooper
3.5L
114k miles
Problems: There is not enough room in this forum to list all the problems. But here is a sample: EGR codes, Drinks oil by the gallon, AC compressor vibrated itself loose, misfire codes, black smoke- runs rich for some reason, Transmission went out and will only shift manually after rebuild, Ion module "issues", Camshaft positioning sensor bad. Oil pressure ranges from 85psi down to 10psi when warm. This Trooper is like a bad habit I can't kick. Keep dumping money into it knowing it will never be better but always hoping.
* Other than that, good stereo and AC.
dstrybos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 09:28 AM   #85
Tony wb
AF Newbie

1986 Trooper II
2.3L
~168K Mi.

Bought my Trooper from a friend about three years ago. Before I got the Trooper, my buddy had the engine rebuilt and a new clutch installed. I keep the Trooper at my vacation home in Salt Lake City, so I only drive it two or three weeks a year, probably average 2500 miles each year.

First summer I had it, we drove it from Salt Lake thru Las Vegas and down to Los Angeles. Drove it at 75 all the way, even through the desert. It did fine, except for the A/C going through the desert. My wife, grandaughter, and I were about to break out in a sweat with the A/C going full blast. My wife's little jar of Carmex lip balm went liquid sitting on the console, it was that hot. Not complaining, I was totally happy the Trooper the entire trip. I've never done the math, but gas milage is excellent with the little 2.3L .

The 2.3 four cyl is a little wimpy going up mountains in Salt Lake, even using high test. I'm always leading the line of traffic up the mountain to Alta each morning to ski. I've come to beleive that's a good thing though. It keeps me out of trouble on icy roads before the plows have been through.

It does use oil, I keep it watched regular. I've just switched it to Mobile 1 full synthetic. It did develop a drip from the rear main as soon as I did. Next time I change oil, I'm going to put in the M1 full syn high milage oil and see if the additives will work on the rear main seal. I've also started putting Marvel Mystery Oil in with the gas as a top cyl lube. Might be my imagination, but I think it makes a difference.

Tony
Tony wb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 09:34 PM   #86
copter steve
AF Newbie

I inherited a 1996 Trooper when my brother passed away, he bought it with 60,000 miles on it. Besides regular maint. a starter and timing belt change he had no problems with it, it currently has 122000 miles on it.
copter steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 05:21 PM   #87
kmarkum
AF Newbie

Year: 1994 Trooper LS

Engine: 3.2L V6 DOHC

Mileage: 226,000 (bought at 212,000 approx. 3 years ago)
Believe engine now has approx. 121,000 miles (see below)

Any major problems:
- previous owner had engine replaced at 175,000 miles with 70,000 mi. engine
- Ticking in engine, previous owner replaced half of rocker arms (or lifters, forget which), then remedied by oil additive when selling.
- Transmission slipping immediately after startup and when re-accelerating after slowing down (ex: for a turn)
- currently working on an apparent charging system problem (posted in forum)
kmarkum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 11:10 PM   #88
runtwocar
AF Newbie

1990 Trooper 2.6. 191.645. Replaced starter at 189.00. No major issues. Right now I have no spark from the coil but will have her going again.
runtwocar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 03:30 PM   #89
oneofakind
AF Newbie

Thumbs up Re: How many miles do you have your Isuzu?

Year: 1990 Trooper
Engine:2.8 5spd
Mileage:165,000
Any major problems: NO. Regular repairs / maintenance: I replaced the clutch about 5,000 miles ago.
oneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 01:50 AM   #90
Mffan1
AF Newbie

3.2 SOHC
None out of the ordinary. Frame is starting to rust-out, fuel pump, idler pulley, rear power windows no longer work. Other than that it looks and drives great! Very reliable. I apologize for not looking myself, but how many people have more mileage on their trooper than me??
Mffan1 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Isuzu > Trooper | SLX | Bighorn | Wizard