Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Mustang > Mustang Talk
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-18-2019, 02:48 PM   #1
Davidlefler
AF Newbie

1966 Mustang hard top unrestored value

Guys,

I have a chance to buy a 66 Mustang hard top in almost mint condition.

The Mustang is auto (C-4 transmission rebuilt in 2004), power steering, v/8, California Thermactor smog suppressor system, gets 21 miles/gallons, uses about I pint of oil per 3000 miles, no rattles, one small spot of rust, interior upholstery renewed in 2004, original equipment a/c (using contemporary coolant) installed 2004, rally pac on steering column (not connected to battery or engine), original paint, several barely (to me) evident dings and scratches.
It has original equipment chrome wheel rims and covers.
Has AM radio. Color is Springtime Yellow, black interior.
Car shows no evidence of having been left outside for any length of time.

Guy that has it is the 3rd owner. He is asking 15K, but I will try getting that down some.

So my question is what is this worth? 10K, 20K?

I just looked at the car last night. Turns out the paint does need work. There are a few dings and places where the paint is chipped off with rust showing. The worst rust in in the back taillight area where the paint has chipped in places. Underneath looks great. Motor runs really good and transmission seems solid. And yea for the most part everything is original.

I offered him 13K but at this time he won't move from 15K. Car only has 87K on it.

6 = 1966
R San Jose, California
07 2 Door Hardtop
C 8 Cyl. 289 CID, 2 barrel carburetor

Last edited by Davidlefler; 01-19-2019 at 09:48 AM. Reason: Update after viewing the car
Davidlefler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 03:47 PM   #2
65comet
AF Enthusiast

Re: 1966 Mustang hard top unrestored value

I think your 13k is a bit high, especially not being a fastback. A vehicle is worth what someone will pay for it. If you really want it now, you could try the meet in the middle tactic or pay his price. Or you could give him your information, let him know you can't go any higher, and to contact you if it doesn't sell at his price, you'll see if you are still interested then. Just my advice.
65comet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 08:01 PM   #3
Davidlefler
AF Newbie

Re: 1966 Mustang hard top unrestored value

Hey thanks for the info! I figured that might be too high. I did offer 13K but was turned down as he decided to keep the car in the family.
Davidlefler is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
1966 , hardtop , mustang
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Mustang > Mustang Talk