Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Lancia > General Discussion
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-21-2003, 05:12 AM   #1
Jimster
Here for the pussy, man.

Send a message via ICQ to Jimster Send a message via AIM to Jimster Send a message via Yahoo to Jimster
A potential next restoration project

Story: I was driving through the outskirts- giving the Alfa a good trashing- when I approached a farm area wth some interesting looking old cars sitting in the fields- I stopped off and had a look- there were FIATs, Lancias, MGs and VW's in different states of repair- but one car in particular caught my eye- it was a rugged looking 1944 Lancia Aprilia in a state of disrepair- but very restorable- anyway I went up to the owners house talked to him about his cars- he said that he probably wasn't ever going to finish restring them- so I asked him how much he'd want on the Aprilia- he said that he'd let it go for anywhere between 500 and 1000 Euros as is. Now this is by all means a bargain- because there was only about 20,000 of these babies ever made- so when I get the time I'm gonig to go over and do a full inspection to see what degree of restoration it'd need.

The Aprilia has a rather uncommon Narrow angle V (Yes V) 4, mounted onto an RWD platform- with an amazingly good suspension set up for it's age(Independent with a single leaf spring in the back) and sliding pillar front suspension- the engine capacity of the one I am loooking at is 1486cc with 48 bhp- it has distinctive rear suicide doors and a sloping Beetle-like rear makes for great aerodnamics- well anyway- I'll keep you posted

The only problem is restoration could prove too expensive

2007 Audi A4 3.0 TDI Le Mans
Jimster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 03:42 PM   #2
tigermiata
AF Enthusiast

Re: A potential next restoration project

Quote:
Originally posted by Jimster
a rugged looking 1944 Lancia Aprilia in a state of disrepair-
From a US observer's viewpoint it at first looks to qualify for a "you must have courage" award, but in Italy perhaps parts are available for such a car. I've never seen an Aprilla in the metal, and an Aurelia only once. It would be neat to have a 1944 anything; not a common year for cars for obvious reasons. Good luck!
2005 Acura RSX Type S
tigermiata is offline   Reply With Quote