Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Renault > Scénic/Scénic RX4
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 03:19 AM   #1
jimmybuck
AF Newbie

immobilizer key or receiver??

when i go to my scenic 1999 to open with the blip key it is a total lottery sometimes it works instantly sometimes it can take upto 2 mins to work.I can gain entry manually but will then have to sit there for 2-3 mins before the blip unlocks and immobilizes the car.Ok i understand it work eventually which is fine for me nut my gilfriend is pregnant and it is going to be v difficult for her with a baby.I have checked the blip key and it is sending a signal but most mechanics cant be arsed to sort it out and just tell me i need a new key!if that is the case ok but some advice would be helpfull.cheers
jimmybuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 11:03 PM   #2
RenaultBreakersCom
AF Newbie

Re: immobilizer key or receiver??

Your key in mucking up, you will need a new one,
It is ONLY possable to get an new key through Renault, forget about buying a secondhand key, it wont work,
A new key will cost between £100 and £150 depending on were you go including programing.
RenaultBreakersCom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 12:23 PM   #3
MAZ62
AF Newbie

Re: immobilizer key or receiver??

I had the same problem - is yours an infra red or the more modern transponder key fob.

If the latter I was advised by my mian dealer that a new key was required. A mate suggested that i try what he had to do quite often with his Cleo that is re set the transponder frequency.

I seem to remember it needs you to hold the internal door unlock button for 10 seconds or over whilst holding the door open button on the transponder. After 10 seconds i heard a beep from the car . Lost all function from the key for a second or two and then hey presto all back as it should be. The dealer must have known about this and was preppared to take £100 for 10 seconds effort!
MAZ62 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Renault > Scénic/Scénic RX4