Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > SEAT > Ibiza
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-29-2004, 04:42 PM   #1
Dimi07
AF Newbie

Unhappy Intermittent Ignition Problems

i have a 1993 Seat Ibiza Clx 1300cc Mk2 and recently i have had itermittent ignition problems. i have replaced the plugs ht leads rotar arm and distributor cap, and the car was runnin fine until it decided to die at a set of traffic lights.

i got a tow back to my home and tried it agen in the morn, it started first time without problems. since then my car runs fine with no problems for about 10 - 30 mins without a problem with the engine running as smooth as ever until it decides to die agen, i cannot restart the car until bout 3 hours later when it has cooled down.

i got told it can either be the ignition coil or the hall sensor in the main distributor body, ne ideas as i dont wanna throw money at the car until i know of the solution as my ideas have ran out

cheers
Dimi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 01:40 PM   #2
Mall
AF Newbie

Smile Re: Intermittent Ignition Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimi07
i have a 1993 Seat Ibiza Clx 1300cc Mk2 and recently i have had itermittent ignition problems. i have replaced the plugs ht leads rotar arm and distributor cap, and the car was runnin fine until it decided to die at a set of traffic lights.

i got a tow back to my home and tried it agen in the morn, it started first time without problems. since then my car runs fine with no problems for about 10 - 30 mins without a problem with the engine running as smooth as ever until it decides to die agen, i cannot restart the car until bout 3 hours later when it has cooled down.

i got told it can either be the ignition coil or the hall sensor in the main distributor body, ne ideas as i dont wanna throw money at the car until i know of the solution as my ideas have ran out

cheers
Hello
I have exactly the same problem with my 1994 Seat Ibiza 1300. After changing leads, etc the problem was finally resolved by replacing the ignition coil. A new coil cost me £44. hope this has been of use.
Mall
Mall is offline   Reply With Quote