Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Buying Q & A Ask a question, get an answer; it's that simple. Visit AutomotiveHelper.com for useful car buying tools and research. Also, check out Vehicle History Reports to help you avoid chances of finding a lemon.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-31-2008, 10:46 AM   #1
Internist
AF Newbie

Unhappy Problem getting auto loan, please HELP. I make good salary.

Dear Sirs.
I am a newbie here but i hear that there are many intelligent people concerning Cars in this forum. I am trying to get a 5 year auto loan for a Acura TL 08, i am trying to buy. I had always owned acura TL's and loved them except the Transmission breaking down. but that is not the issue.
My problem is i had auto loan with Honda financial on my last loan, and i had gone out of the country for about 5-6 month on a family emergency. at that time i had someone take care of the auto loan payments for me but this person completely failed at his task and to make long story short, my car was Repoed once during the loan. Of course, this was taken care of as soon as i found out when i got back.
Now HOnda is refusing to give me loans for my new acura. and the finance guy at this one dealership is telling me that i may have problem getting auto loans in this time of Credit crunch.
I make good Salary around $85,000 per year. but i don't have enough money saved to pay cash. CAN I STILL GET AUTO LOAN from somewhere else ??? What do you guys think ? Please HELP.
Internist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 10:24 PM   #2
drdisque
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to drdisque
Re: Problem getting auto loan, please HELP. I make good salary.

Yes, if you are a member of a Credit Union you can likely get a loan through there.
2011 Mazda2 Touring

Past cars:
2007 Mazda 6S 5-door MT
1999 Ford Taurus SE Duratec
drdisque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 01:36 AM   #3
Internist
AF Newbie

May i ask, how the Credit Union may help me ?? cause the credit union had denied me Credit cards in the past. Not sure if they would approve the Auto loan ?
Old 01-01-2009, 01:08 PM   #4
olderthandirt
AF Newbie

First question is... Do you have ANY other dings on your credit?

Second, if your credit union won't work with you, have you tried going higher up in the organization. There's always someone that can say "yes", but nearly everyone can say "no".

You can also try a different credit union.

You can live on 45 to 50K, save the difference, and pay cash in about 6-7 months.

olderthandirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 09:13 PM   #5
Internist
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by olderthandirt
First question is... Do you have ANY other dings on your credit?

Second, if your credit union won't work with you, have you tried going higher up in the organization. There's always someone that can say "yes", but nearly everyone can say "no".

You can also try a different credit union.

You can live on 45 to 50K, save the difference, and pay cash in about 6-7 months.

i have lots money that i owe in credit cards that i forfeited on. and also have Repo as well. is there anyone that will loan me money ?? i am desperate.
Old 01-02-2009, 12:14 AM   #6
drdisque
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to drdisque

OK, so your credit is bad and that's your fault - you neglected to include that.

No, nobody will give you an auto loan and it's your own damn fault. If you make plenty of money to afford the car, then save up for it.
2011 Mazda2 Touring

Past cars:
2007 Mazda 6S 5-door MT
1999 Ford Taurus SE Duratec
drdisque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 12:19 AM   #7
kris
Off playing with fire.

It is one thing to have derogatory marks on your credit. But to have them repeatedly, and frequently is very bad on your part.

It took me roughly five years to repair my credit, after neglecting it poorly. Your best bet is to find reliable used car, and pay cash for that. Then work on correcting your credit over the next several years.
kris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 05:11 AM   #8
Internist
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdisque
OK, so your credit is bad and that's your fault - you neglected to include that.

No, nobody will give you an auto loan and it's your own damn fault. If you make plenty of money to afford the car, then save up for it.
That is Harsh. Is there anyway i can get a loan ?? even if i pay high interest ?
Old 01-02-2009, 10:37 AM   #9
kris
Off playing with fire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Internist
That is Harsh. Is there anyway i can get a loan ?? even if i pay high interest ?

You might find someone to give you a loan at 23% interest. But at that rate, it will make the discount on the TL look obsolete.

Your past credit history says you cannot handle a car payment. Plain and simple.
kris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 09:42 PM   #10
Internist
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris
You might find someone to give you a loan at 23% interest. But at that rate, it will make the discount on the TL look obsolete.

Your past credit history says you cannot handle a car payment. Plain and simple.
I have NEVER been late on my Rent for my apartment in last 12 years. does that count ?? if not, do you know any good loan shark in Chicago area ??
Old 01-03-2009, 09:20 AM   #11
Internist
AF Newbie

Does anyone out there want to LOAN me $ 23,500 at 8% interest rate. I am GOOD for it. i make good salary and i will pay it back, i promise.
Old 01-03-2009, 02:20 PM   #12
olderthandirt
AF Newbie

Quote:
Does anyone out there want to LOAN me $ 23,500 at 8% interest rate. I am GOOD for it. i make good salary and i will pay it back, i promise.
You promised the credit cards and the people that had to repo the other car.

I suggest you take a long look in the mirror, and decide to take care of things. You might start by paying off the people you cheated in the past. Yes, if you take out a loan, even if it is from a scummy credit card company, and then you don't pay for it, you've cheated them.

Put yourself in the shoes of a lender... Would you lend to someone who's repeatedly broken his promise to pay?

It sounds harsh, but the best thing you can do is save up cash for the next auto (I would not buy new), and settle up with the folks from your past.

If you put a few positives on your credit, and keep doing it for several years, then lenders will start to look at you more favorably. Regardless of how you go about it, fixing your credit will take TIME, it cannot be done quickly.
olderthandirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 03:37 PM   #13
'97ventureowner
AF Moderator

Quote:
i have lots money that i owe in credit cards that i forfeited on. and also have Repo as well. is there anyone that will loan me money ?? i am desperate.
All of those facts put together make for one bad credit report. I'd start by getting a free copy of your report (at www.annualcreditreport,com) and buying your score with your free report. Then you can start to see where you can start to repair your credit. Don't fall for those companies that promise you to fix your credit in short term. It can take upwards of 7 years to get your credit good again, depending on how bad it was to begin with.Start by making your payments on time and not letting your balance go over half of your credit limit. By starting now, you are setting a new baseline to begin your new credit history in an attempt to prove your creditworthiness to lenders.
Quote:
I've noticed with the latest dip in the economy and the credit crunch, even those lenders and dealers that promised to get anybody a loan no matter what their credit was are backing away from that promise. In fact I don't really see any ads or commercials for this anymore. A sign that it will be much harder for you.
Quote:
I have NEVER been late on my Rent for my apartment in last 12 years. does that count ??
Depends( but probably won't). The reason: Your landlord probably doesn't report your payment history to the credit bureaus. The only time that might show up is if you didn't pay and they put it in the hands of a collection agency. Items like rent usually aren't part of a credit file, but bills such as utilities are.
It will take time, but you can make your credit report a lot better by yourself. Just start paying all your bills on time, avoid any repos, and wait for those negative items on your credit report to eventually fall off.

If a prostitute here in America loses her job to a prostitute in India , is that considered "outwhoring"??-Jay Leno

" A Good Thing To Know"
'97ventureowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 07:50 PM   #14
Internist
AF Newbie

^^^Thank you,, you are the BEST. i got about $14,000 in loan from my 403b retirement plan. but need another $10,000 in loans. do you know of anyone else , i maybe able to go ?? i hate burrowing against my own retirement money but had no choice. I think this 03 Acura TL-S Transmission is a ticking time bomb. i has been acting up lately. the car has about 120,000 miles on it now. but the Transmission had to be replaced 2 times already,, once at 50,000 miles and once at 100,000 miles. Do you think i should have Sued Acura for the Lemon Law claim ???? i am being told that this transmission problem was something that Acura knew about.
Old 02-18-2010, 12:48 AM   #15
Peensontibipt
AF Newbie

Lets apprehend if you are up in compensation the challenge

I obtain asked this preceding the time when on forums but I have not gotten any meet answers. So here goes, any united know how I can make a perfunctory $500?
Peensontibipt is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A