Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > 3 Series
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-11-2005, 05:57 PM   #1
600Burger
AF Newbie

1985 325e: A few problems

My girlfriend recentlly purchased a 325e from a guy who looked like he'd never popped the hood.

Problem #1:

As soon as she got the car the door locks were sticky. On the driver side lock/unlock would work ok, but it was very stiff. On the passenger side nothing works, the key moves about 25deg off center and is stuck. The trunk is the only thing that seems to operate normally, both lock and unlock. We tried spraying teflon into the lock, but it seems to me deeper in the door.

Problem #2:

More recentlly the car sometimes has trouble starting. It usually happens at night and just started this winter, if that has anything to do with it. Once it turned but didn't start, but more offten it just clicks like there isn't enough power to the bat, but all lights are on at full brightness and everything else works. If we wait for 15/30 min and try again it starts no problem.

Problem #3:

She says the trans is very jerky, like it "hiccups" at lower speeds like off the line at a light, i'm not sure if WOT (wide open throttel) helps the jerkyness. Shes getting close to just replacing the thing since her dad works at a dealer and can get a good price but I thought I'd check here to see if there was a cheaper option we could explore first.

And thats all. Obviouslly I would like cheaper fixes first, but if someone knows for sure the fix it would be geatlly appreciated.

-Burg
600Burger is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > 3 Series