Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mercury > Villager
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-12-2005, 06:59 AM   #1
airhigh
AF Newbie

97 village rear blower not working

my front blower works but my rear blower doesn't. I took it to the dealer and they said i need an ac control head. The repair is $485. Could someone help me with this. Could it be a short in wiring or something?
airhigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 09:10 AM   #2
PAPABEAR76058
AF Newbie

Same thing happend to my 94. What I did was to pull the a/c control out of the dash and resoderd the relay back to the circut board. Look on a search engine and u can find this little trick as I dont have the picture's anymore. Sure saved me some money.
PAPABEAR76058 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 04:55 PM   #3
ksyankee
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to ksyankee
Airhigh, don't know if this is too late, but like papabear, my '95 had a broken solder joint on the board inside of the a/c head (in the front dash). If you take the time to take it apart, it's worth it!!! Look for a large wire going into the board that may look burnt or discolored. Remove the old solder, clean it as best you can, and re-solder. I fixed mine about five years ago, and haven't had a problem...Good Luck!! J.
ksyankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 10:14 PM   #4
JDW
AF Newbie

rear heater blower problem - fix

Go to this site -
http://home.earthlink.net/~vqfaq/
look on the left side - top - to subtopics - click on it - then to rear heater blower - it comes up with pictures and full description of how to fix this "villager Problem". I had a neighbor solder it for me - and has worked like a charm since then. I don't turn either front or rear all the way up - think it's #4 on blower - to cut down a little on current. Apparently there is too much heat going through and it melts to solder off and no more heater. He put a heavier wire on it and soldered it good.
I asked the dealer if I were to buy a new one - have they fixed that weak spot - no - so if you pay the 400 - in about 3 years - you'll be in the same shape. You'd think they would fix a problem when they know they have one. - guess as long as people will keep paying 400 plus the installation charges it's money in the bank for them. Hope this helps
JDW
JDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 10:19 AM   #5
homersworld25
AF Newbie

Talking Success!!

Thanks for the information. With the help of my master solderer wife we fixed our rear air! Thanks for the detailed descriptions and pictures.
homersworld25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 09:42 PM   #6
nortap1
AF Newbie

Re: 97 village rear blower not working

I just fixed my 97 Villager. I just reheated the terminals and added more solder and it works now. Thanks guys.
nortap1 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mercury > Villager