Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Ram Pickup | Ram SRT10
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-07-2002, 06:39 PM   #16
BUFF_dragon
AF Regular

Send a message via ICQ to BUFF_dragon Send a message via AIM to BUFF_dragon Send a message via Yahoo to BUFF_dragon
the Gen 1 Lightnings weigh in at JUST under 5000lbs..... and they were the FASTEST trucks on the road from 93-95.....

so admitedly the weight is an obsticle, but that engine is ALOT of the weight.. the Vipers have carbon fiber bodies (I think)
Flowmaster Single-in-Dual-out Exhaust
MANUAL TRANNY (currently BLOWN UP, along with the clutch pressure plate, and throwout bearing)
as LOW as possible without a C-notch

98 Dodge Ram Sport
16.41@81.9 in the quarter (Bone stock)
now with no Cat. (I HATE those O2 sensors)
BUFF_dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2002, 06:44 PM   #17
Whitebread
AF Regular

That engine is heavy but I'd say maybe 1500 pounds or less and I mean JUST the engine and nothin more. I'm sure you know this but the thing has aluminum block, heads (I think) and cast Iron liners.
Whitebread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2002, 08:28 PM   #18
NJTy180
AF Regular

Send a message via ICQ to NJTy180 Send a message via AIM to NJTy180 Send a message via Yahoo to NJTy180
Quote:
Originally posted by BUFF_dragon
the Gen 1 Lightnings weigh in at JUST under 5000lbs..... and they were the FASTEST trucks on the road from 93-95.....
they are slow as helllllllllllllllllllllllllll.......haha
Old 05-08-2002, 03:09 PM   #19
BUFF_dragon
AF Regular

Send a message via ICQ to BUFF_dragon Send a message via AIM to BUFF_dragon Send a message via Yahoo to BUFF_dragon
fullsize trucks that is.......

the sy's and ty's kicked ass, but they are nowhere near fullsize... I think I've heard them called GO-CARTS before .... is that the correct term for them????

j/k....

but they are fast for their weight, I respect them quite a bit, they are FULL of power.. just have to find and relaease it.
MANUAL TRANNY (currently BLOWN UP, along with the clutch pressure plate, and throwout bearing)

98 Dodge Ram Sport
Old 05-08-2002, 04:49 PM   #20
NJTy180
AF Regular

Send a message via ICQ to NJTy180 Send a message via AIM to NJTy180 Send a message via Yahoo to NJTy180
Quote:
Originally posted by BUFF_dragon
fullsize trucks that is.......

the sy's and ty's kicked ass, but they are nowhere near fullsize... I think I've heard them called GO-CARTS before .... is that the correct term for them????

j/k....

but they are fast for their weight, I respect them quite a bit, they are FULL of power.. just have to find and relaease it.
well, full size or not, my Ty weighs 4000lbs and I dont consider that light either, especially not for a V6....
Old 05-08-2002, 06:19 PM   #21
BUFF_dragon
AF Regular

you also have to remember thatthey have that one MAJOR downfall wrong with them..... they're that 4 letter word that starts with an F that your mother tells you not to say..........

FORD

j/k all you ford guys out there.... just kidding around

98 Dodge Ram Sport
Old 06-06-2002, 01:21 PM   #22
NFS_SRT-10
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via Yahoo to NFS_SRT-10
as far as price on this AWSOME MACHINE it will be competitively price with the lighting so i think that $42 k is kinda high especially since the lighting runs from 32 to 36
NFS_SRT-10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2002, 03:27 PM   #23
NJTy180
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by NFS_SRT-10
as far as price on this AWSOME MACHINE it will be competitively price with the lighting so i think that $42 k is kinda high especially since the lighting runs from 32 to 36
no until ford jacks the price in a few years when they "change" some things, or so ive heard...
Old 06-10-2002, 01:33 PM   #24
f1ce
AF Newbie

First Post Here on AF... woohooo...

Anyhow, the Ram SRT-10 is, from what I have heard, is not going to be competively priced with the Lightning. Dodge is saying thats its in a completely different league . We all know the base price is 18,000, a slt plus, which is their stylish truck (1500 forward cab/SB) is running in the mid to high 20s... Hell you can get a lightning for that. But with new mods, especially the new engine, I'm guessing that its going to be at least 40,000, going up to mid 50s... Damn 40 would be nice.

Anyhow, I'm sick of modding my Ram so much just to get pissed off again and again at the line. Its time for a new truck
f1ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2002, 01:57 PM   #25
NJTy180
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by f1ce

Anyhow, the Ram SRT-10 is, from what I have heard, is not going to be competively priced with the Lightning. Dodge is saying thats its in a completely different league . We all know the base price is 18,000, a slt plus, which is their stylish truck (1500 forward cab/SB) is running in the mid to high 20s... Hell you can get a lightning for that. But with new mods, especially the new engine, I'm guessing that its going to be at least 40,000, going up to mid 50s... Damn 40 would be nice.

Anyhow, I'm sick of modding my Ram so much just to get pissed off again and again at the line. Its time for a new truck

welcome to the board, and welcome to last year. I think everyone already knows the truck will probably be in the $42,000+ range, thats nothing new.
Old 06-10-2002, 09:02 PM   #26
f1ce
AF Newbie

NJTy180, i was replying to SRT's comment... there's no need to be an ass
f1ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2002, 12:12 AM   #27
Detroit Dodge Dude
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Detroit Dodge Dude
Wow, that's all I can say.

Ever since I saw this truck at the Detroit auto show, I fell in love. I now have something to save for. hehe. This truck will be mine, oh yes, it will be mine. I cant wait to test drive one. Now if only I can talk my dad into corporate leasing one. Too bad he can't drive a stick.

BTW, this is my first post, happy to be on the forums. :finger:
Old 10-02-2002, 12:03 AM   #28
NFS_SRT-10
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via Yahoo to NFS_SRT-10
Quote:
Originally posted by f1ce

i know i'm kind late in a response but if you think about it...the main reason that the viper is so cheap is cuz there is a previous car to use as a base, its a new car (so to speak) but the srt 10, just like like the lighting, will be based off of an existing vehicle therefore cutting cost down dramaticly...i mean think about it, ford builds a F-150 sends it to SVT, SVT does their work then releases it....Dodge and PVO will be doin the same thing with the Ram 1500 so their for it will be in the same range as the lighting

Dodge Talk

"it's been real, it's been fun, but it hasn't been real fun"
NFS_SRT-10 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Ram Pickup | Ram SRT10