Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > 5 Series
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-03-2004, 11:16 AM   #1
AF Newbie

looking to buy 94 530i - info request

I'm looking at buying a 94 530i , auto, with 106,000 miles. Could anyone give me a list of items I should be particularly concerned with...items that other 530i owners have experienced common problems with?

Also, just to satisfy my own interest; other than the engine and factory wheels, what are the noticeable differences (features) between the '94 525, 530 and 540 models?

Thanks, in advance.
749009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 03:21 PM   #2
WineDiver
AF Newbie

Hi

I have owned a 520i, 528i and 530d, all automatic and notice that the disks tend to wear down quicker than with a manual (I mean the metal disks that the break linings grab when you break). This is an expensive job too. With a car that old and with that much mileage you are taking a risk on quite a few items, even though the engine can take it.
I would pay a mechanic to check it over, it could be cheaper in the long run.
WineDiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 03:24 PM   #3
WineDiver
AF Newbie

Re: looking to buy 94 530i - info request

PS In the range of cars you list the only big difference is the power. In my opinion the 525 is too weak, the 530 is perfect and the 540 uses too much gas.
WineDiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 01:21 AM   #4
only bmw's for me
AF Newbie

Re: looking to buy 94 530i - info request

Wow what a question, where to start. I've got a low miles 94 530I in Atl Ga for sale. I've sold it 2times and got deposits but no 1 has completed the deal. Now back to your question. so many differences, for 1 a monster v-8 in the same space, different things, the short list..... Everything under the hood, steering parts are different, maybe the same shocks, if you take apart the struts..... The motor if you get a good 1 is all aluminum, with special cylinder liners, you'll learn about that later. Interior is the same but with a german made 5sp auto trans..... What else do you want to know I've had 3 of them, very hard to beat when in good running shape.......Bill. O yea the car is $5000.00 what a deal., with no problems, drives great, everything works as expected.......
only bmw's for me is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > 5 Series