Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > 5 Series
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 04:43 AM   #1
riverat440
AF Regular

Question 97 528i won't idle, misses

A friend asked me to renew the head gasket on his BMW. When I got the car work had already been started on it. The intake side and the front had stripped to the head. None of the electricals had been marked but I figured it shouldn't be a problem. Well I did the head gasket and got to assembling the things that I didn't remove and found most of the plugs are interchangable I started looking for a wiring diagram. Best I could find of what I already had was a computer program from Mitchells. Some of the wire colors matched some didn't. Through some trial and error I got everything hooked up but now I can't get it to idle properly and the idle won't step up when put in gear or turn on the A/C. Trying to take off in gear I really have to play with it a bit but when it finally takes off it runs really good. The MIL is on and I am getting 2 codes- 1525 A camshaft position actuator control open circut and 1519 A camshaft position actuator. Sounds as though both are caused by the same problem which looks like the cam actuator is unplugged or no more good. I am assuming this is the electrical part of the VANOS mounted on the front of the head. Can someone please put my assumptions to rest and help get me straight? Thanks
riverat440 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > 5 Series