Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Lamborghini > Murciélago (Murcielago)
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-02-2003, 06:13 PM   #61
Doucette
Indie Game Developer

Quote:
Originally posted by The_Duke
It is not exactly true that financing will be cheaper; you need to find a loan that will not outspend the interest you would be making on the cash. In other words, a loan might end up costing you $30,000, while investment returns might, if you are lucky, keep up with that. Better to spend the cheap, APR-free money now than take out a loan.

Plus, it is a rush in and of itself just handing over that much money! Go for it!
So you think (or maybe know?) that most luxury sports cars, like Ferraris and Lamborghinis, are bought full out in one large payment? I do not know the demographics of the individuals who purchase these vehicles, so I am going on assumptions. Knowing that there exist individuals that can not afford to pay outright for a vehicle that can afford it through financing, combined with the fact that the average person who buys any new car can not "truly" afford it, suggests to me that the average Lambo-buyer finances. But then again, rules change when you are dealing with this amount of cash.

BTW, the thing about "truly" affording a vehicle is not meant to be an insult in any way. I remember reading that the average Viper owner makes $150,000 CAD (this is Canadian stats) and the Viper itself costs $110,000 CAD. $12,500/month income to spend on a $2,500/month car (before luxury tax and insurance). Of course they can afford it, but that is 20% of their income (again before luxury tax and insurance) and is not enough to buy a vehicle outright without saving up for a long time.
Old 04-02-2003, 10:11 PM   #62
reciprokal
AF Regular

i played AOE2....single player=damn easy.

just type "robin hood"... WOW 1000 GOLD, then type "Rock on" WOW 1000 rocks

:smoker2:
Old 04-02-2003, 10:14 PM   #63
The_Duke
AF Newbie

I absolutely believe that most people who buy new Lamborghinis buy them outright (though I have no stats to back it up, nor any other data). The exception would be people who are crazy obsessed with the cars and will mortgage their homes, or spend all their money to get one. But, I believe the "average" Lamborghini buyer will be wealthy enough to buy it outright, and I believe that is the smartest way to go about it.

Of course I don't know for certain, but I do know that Tony bought one in one payment. I am sure he had a good reason to do it--i.e. it is the "cheapest" way to buy one. Financing is almost always more expensive.
Old 04-02-2003, 11:03 PM   #64
Sean
AF Enthusiast

Ah.. it would be so nice to be able to pay for one in cash.

which reminds me, i was reading my newspaper, and there was an ad in the classifieds for a 2002 murci for 'only' $375,000 (thats canadian money btw)
Old 04-03-2003, 06:36 AM   #65
Doucette
Indie Game Developer

Quote:
Originally posted by The_Duke
I absolutely believe that most people who buy new Lamborghinis buy them outright (though I have no stats to back it up, nor any other data). The exception would be people who are crazy obsessed with the cars and will mortgage their homes, or spend all their money to get one. But, I believe the "average" Lamborghini buyer will be wealthy enough to buy it outright, and I believe that is the smartest way to go about it.

Of course I don't know for certain, but I do know that Tony bought one in one payment. I am sure he had a good reason to do it--i.e. it is the "cheapest" way to buy one. Financing is almost always more expensive.
I understand your point, but Tony would be one of those guys that I would classify under "sudden wealth" as opposed to someone who merely makes a set wage every year and has to really 'save up'. (Again, I am not referring to lottery winners or anything like that. I know that Tony has always done extremely well. To reiterate, what I mean by "sudden wealth" is someone who all-of-a-sudden has mega bucks sitting in their account or stocks waiting to be spent.) I believe that it is only wise to purchase a Lambo if you can pay for it outright, but with so many people buying cars they can barely afford, it makes me wonder if that's always the case??
Old 04-04-2003, 05:34 AM   #66
jim501
AF Regular

When I talk about lambos everyone always say why and how can you spend that much on a car and that it would be a huge investment. But I always say that you would be stupid to buy a lambo unless you could afford two or three of them. People might forget that the cost a fair bit more then a normal car to maintain. (theres a question for tony or some of the other owners out there. How much does it cost to service your lambo?) You would think that if you bought one you would pay for it outright unless you are looking for some sort of tax break by financing it.
Old 04-04-2003, 08:14 AM   #67
Doucette
Indie Game Developer

Quote:
Originally posted by jim501
But I always say that you would be stupid to buy a lambo unless you could afford two or three of them.
I agree with this!
Old 04-04-2003, 06:18 PM   #68
pennyho
Banned

yeah my 200th post!
:monkeypis :spam:
:jumpie:
:spam:
Old 04-04-2003, 07:06 PM   #69
Sean
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by pennyho
yeah my 200th post!
:monkeypis :spam:
:jumpie:
:spam:
Old 04-04-2003, 08:22 PM   #70
pennyho
Banned

oh well who cares, i especially know you dont !
Old 04-04-2003, 11:22 PM   #71
Tony_Ensemble
AF Enthusiast

Don't fret Penny. I'm happy for you. Maybe 1000 by june?

Might I be so presumptuous..
Maybe some don't care because your racist sounding posts. I'm not trying to be an asshole. Just an observation.

Old 04-05-2003, 05:10 AM   #72
Menu dei Motori
Click here

Send a message via ICQ to Menu dei Motori Send a message via AIM to Menu dei Motori Send a message via MSN to Menu dei Motori
Quote:
Originally posted by Tony_Ensemble

Maybe some don't care because your racist sounding posts. I'm not trying to be an asshole. Just an observation.
i also thaught that sometimes

and pennyho

you should change your in yo mommas AND your signature
Old 04-05-2003, 01:39 PM   #73
TexasF355F1
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to TexasF355F1
And by the way, what does pennyho mean? Any significance or a nickname you have?
Old 04-05-2003, 05:19 PM   #74
Sean
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by Tony_Ensemble

you've got 800 posts to make in 2 months. good luck, you'll have to increase your posting to 400 a month, from 100.

-edit- for some reason or other this post made its way into 'post some relitive murci pics'
Old 04-05-2003, 11:42 PM   #75
Tony_Ensemble
AF Enthusiast

Financing is good at a time when the stock market is doing very well. At this point in time with the stock market is bad to flat and it makes a lot on sence to take your money out of the risky market and hold it as cash. With cash laying around doing nothing it makes sence to pay cash for a car. If I was making 25% a year in the market it would then make sence to take out a loan.

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Lamborghini > Murciélago (Murcielago)