Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Koenigsegg > CCR | CCX | CCGT | CCXR | Trevita
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-13-2004, 03:37 PM   #1
ZedEx
GO-FIGHT-KILL!

Send a message via AIM to ZedEx
Koenigsegg CCR information and pictures...

So... I am sure there are some of you out there who know what Koenigsegg is... For those of you who dont, that is what THIS thread is all about. I will do my best to give accurate information. As provided by Koenigsegg.

Koenigsegg is a Swedish company that has been around since the early turn of the Century. Founded by Christian von Koenigsegg with a dream of creating a 'Fighter Jet on wheels'... And that he did. With 150 Koenigsegg CCR's being sent all around the world in the first year alone, Koenigsegg is destined to turn into a large exotic company, knocking heads with the big timers. And it also doesnt help the other companies situation, that the CCR is named by the Guinness Book of World Records as 'The most powerful production vehicle ever made'. And with a design, that in my opinion, is the most beautiful car released in years... Koenigsegg is surely going to be giving other companies a run for their money. But you be the judge of that.

The Koenigsegg CCR is powered by a V8 cast aluminium, 4 valves to a cylinder DOHC (Dual Over Head Camshafts) with a Carbon Fiber engine cover. The displacement is around 4.700 cm3 with a compression ratio of 8.6:1 (Read down further, and you will see why so low ) The lubrication system is a dry sump with a very unique oil spray piston cooling. Along with an oil cooler to keep things cool in the oil lines.
And of course, what other oil to use on this engine, other than SAE 5 W/30 fully synthetic racing. The oil tank capacity is 12 litres (2.64 gallons).

Now... For the fun stuff. For the fuel injection system, Christian von Koenigsegg (Creator) chose a sequential, multipoint fuel injection system for maximum efficiency. Where all the power comes from is the Lysholm twin-screw supercharger with 1.2 bar boost pressure. (That little sentence right there is why the compression ratio is so low... 8.5:1 is ideal for a turbocharged system, i.e 300ZedX, Supra, 3000GT, etc. You typically see the highly tuned 'all motor' engines at a 10.5:1 compession ratio. But in this case, Koenigsegg chose a 10.6:1 ratio) And what would all of that power be without the proper cooling... The system also has an intercooler integrated in. And this beast of an engine must be run off RON 98 Fuel... No less. Now for the ignition system, which is a direct coil on plug, with a transistorised system.

Ooo this part gives me goosebumps fella's... Maximum Brake Horsepower output stands at an incredible 806bhp at 6,900rpm (Stock of course). The maximum torque is at a just as impressive 678ftlb at 5,700rpm. The maximum rpm of CCR's engine... 7,600rpm. Now that is not tremendously high for an 806bhp engine, but Im sure you can feel it.

(Granted, this is a picture of the CC8S Motor, but the two motors are similar, so why just to give you an idea)

A nice shot of the beast in the bay:

Just look at that Vortech supercharger...

Now for the transmission set up... The gearbox itself is a specially developed six speed gearbox by Cima. With an incorporated internal oil pump and oil cooler. The Cima built gearbox is torque sensitive, with an LSD (Limited Slip Differential). The clutch is a dual plate, organic or cintered Ø 215 mm (8.46 inch). The clutch is oil-cooled and electronically operated.

The steering system on CCR is a rack and pinion power assisted steering system. 2.7 turns lock to lock. And a turning radius of 33 feet. Pretty good steering, as Im sure it has to be considering the horsepower. This part of the car has contributed quite a bit to the CCR's reputation of being a 'Fighter Jet on wheels'.

Probably one of the most important part of the car is, of course, the chassis and braking system. Because power is no good unless you have something to stop it with. The chassis itself is constructed of Semi monocoque made of preimpregnated carbon fiber and with honeycomb reinforcements for added stiffness. The front and rear suspension is a Double wishbone set-up, along with adjustable VPS custom racing shock absorbers, pushrod operated and an Anti-roll bar system as well. Another sweet feature of this car is the adjustable ride height on the CCR, with is electronically controlled, and can be changed at the push of a button. The front brakes are ventilated discs Ø 362 mm, 32 mm wide. And squeezed by a power assisted 6 piston light alloy caliper set-up, and Koenigsegg's Advanced Control system. The rear brakes are identical to the front brakes, which shows that Koenigsegg took extreme attention to sparing no expense in the factor. Most cars have bigger brakes in the front, and smaller in the rear, since the front gets the brunt of the force. But not in CCR... It got the full treatment.

And to actually bring the car to a stop, and put there power down, is where the Koenigsegg magnesium alloy wheels come into play. The front alloys are at 19” x 9.5” and 20” x 12.5” in the rear... Yea... 12.5" wide. With Michelin Pilot Sport 2. Unidirectional with asymmetric tread pattern.
Front tire size is 255/35–19” (Y) and rear is 335/30–20” (Y).

Wonder if I can get a set of these for my Civic... Um... No

Nothing too extreme, just subtle... The best way to do it in my opinion.

For the body of CCR... Koenigsegg CC cars are two-door, two-seater bodies with a removable hardtop stowable under the front boot lid. The body is made of preimpregnated carbon fiber and kevlar lightweight hard-foam sandwich reinforcements. In otherwords a very strong and light weight body.

And now for some performance stats. The acceleration for CCR is 0-100 km/h (0–62 mph) 3.2 seconds... That is the fastest stock time ever. Top speed is clocked at an outstanding 395+ km/h (242+ mph). The quartermile time is 9 seconds flat with an end speed 235 km/h (146 mph)The braking distance is 31 m (100–0 km/h), and the lateral g-force is 1.3 g. Fuel consumption wise, CCR gets 13 l/100 km during highway travel and a combined consumption of 17 l/100 km. Over all not a bad sounding car, dont you think?

Probably the most outstanding part of the Koenigsegg CC vehicles would be the strange door opening procedure...

Pretty cool, huh?

Here are some pictures of the Koenigsegg CCR... Enjoy.

Here is the creator of the CCR... Christian von Koenigsegg.

Metamorphasis shots...

Fighter Jet on wheels, eh? Ok... Lets find out.

Good shot of the front end...

Nice one of the valence...

This thread should give you a good idea of what Koenigsegg is all about... But if your not satisfied, feel free to do some research for yourself. Koenigsegg

But you had better be sure of one thing... You pair this thing up against any stock car... Ferrari Enzo, Pagani CS12, Mclaren F1... And it will come out on top in any competition.

-Wes
-2000 PY Acura Integra Type-R #686 - WhoRe
-1997 EGP Honda Prelude Type-SH - Daily driver

R.I.P Hypsi87:Andy Filson

Last edited by ZedEx; 01-03-2005 at 12:25 PM.
ZedEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 06:50 PM   #2
TexasF355F1
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to TexasF355F1
Well it's about time Koenigsegg has made its way to AF. Knew all the info, but thanks for supplying it as I am sure there are many out there who don't know any specs or even that this car even exists.
Old 12-13-2004, 09:08 PM   #3
ZedEx
GO-FIGHT-KILL!

Re: Koenigsegg CCR information and pictures... (Under construction)

Ahhhh a fellow fan

Good to meet you buddy... Yea I recomended to the administrators that we should have a Koenigsegg forum... Seeming as it is a pretty significant vehicle to the automotive world, and not to mention how popular it has gotten lately.

Lets try and get as many people passing through here as we can... Try and spread the word a bit.

Once again, good too meet ya' dude.

-Wes

Old 12-15-2004, 11:00 PM   #4
DeleriousZ
AF Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to DeleriousZ

wow wes... you have way too much time on your hands... good post tho
ZedEx Crew Member #6
1988 300zx turbo 5spd. 3" mandrel exhaust, filter, afco rad, e-fan, poly engine mounts, mbc at 8.5 psi, turboxs rfl-h bov, gutted plenum, etc.

blown turbo, under construction.. gt35 coming.
DeleriousZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 12:06 AM   #5
Zgringo
AF Fanatic

I keep saying if you apply the right technology in the right places you can beat anything on wheels. Great post Wes, and I learned something hear. It uses a Lysholm screwtype supercharger. Hmmmmmm, what do I keep preaching? Same as a Whipple but made in Europe.

Albert
Zgringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 04:15 PM   #6
ZedEx
GO-FIGHT-KILL!

Hey I resent that Delerious... O wait... It's true...

*Starts inching to the door... Runs*

-Wes

Old 12-16-2004, 05:02 PM   #7
Partizan
AF Enthusiast

I've admired this car for a while now, glad to see it on AF.

Partizan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 01:18 AM   #8
publicenemy137
AF Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to publicenemy137

think the Chrysler ME four twelve is going to be better? http://auto.howstuffworks.com/chrysler-concept.htm
Old 12-19-2004, 12:12 PM   #9
Bo240sx
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Bo240sx
yea i have been lookin into this car since earlier this year and its one of my top cars to buy after i hit the lotto... haha given im only 16 i still have more time to wait.... yea its great that they started a forum bout one of the hottest cars on earth!
Bo240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 12:36 PM   #10
UKSupraboy
AF Regular

Hi,

I was lucky to see one up close a few weeks ago at my local auto show (Norway), here're the pics:-

You can see them full size together with other pics from the show here.

Richie.

BSR (Sweden) A4 1.8T 225+hp 330Nm

UKSupraboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 03:51 PM   #11
ZedEx
GO-FIGHT-KILL!

... O I hate you with a passion... Really, really bad

Dude, thanks a lot for that contribution, those are some pretty nice pictures there. I pretty much doubt I will ever even see one in person, but o well... That just means I get to envy people like you more

Once again, great post.

-Wes

Old 12-19-2004, 05:52 PM   #12
Bo240sx
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Bo240sx
Those pictures are hott! i have oppertunities to see nice cars since liek my family owns a car garage and we get into all the shows but to see the Koenigsegg is like a one in a million change.....

all i have to say is gurrrrrrr!!!!
Bo240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 11:50 PM   #13
GritMaster
AF Enthusiast

Hmm shoulda stopped in earlyer, heh, I've been following this car for a good while now, don't even remember how long, glad to see it's got a section now, this has got to be the best car ever muahahahah, and it will be for a while too

oh btw, in your original post you said it has a 10.6:1 CR :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by nissanstreetz
For about 700 dollars you can have about 80 horespower at the wheels and about 70 torque.
GritMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 01:38 AM   #14
streetrcr45
AF Enthusiast

quick question... i am completly new to this car and i was just wondering the pronunciation. The only reason why clicked the link was because it looked like a crazy super car name
Old 12-21-2004, 07:08 PM   #15
GritMaster
AF Enthusiast

Pronunciation... that's a tricky one I know how it's pronounced but I couldn't explain it to you. :P I think in one of the videos it says... not sure tho..

Gotta love swedish

Quote:
Originally Posted by nissanstreetz
For about 700 dollars you can have about 80 horespower at the wheels and about 70 torque.
GritMaster is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Koenigsegg > CCR | CCX | CCGT | CCXR | Trevita