Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Renault > Laguna/Laguna II
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 05:15 PM   #16
Bill Merrifield
AF Newbie

Re: Immobiliser

Try www.automotiveelectronics.co.uk/

Renault Laguna RT Sport 1600 - Decoder reprogrammed, keep same 2 car keys, but no immobiliser anymore. Cost £85 plus 2 x £4.25 postage.

Worth a try.

Bill
Bill Merrifield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 09:57 AM   #17
toofah
AF Newbie

Smile Re: Immobiliser

Contact these people and have the Immobiliser system bypassed
www.alarmremotes.co.uk
toofah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 11:35 AM   #18
bonedavid
AF Newbie

click the link in my sig and goto the renaultforums homepage.

use the search function and you will find numerous posts on this subject

bonedavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 06:05 PM   #19
AF Newbie

Exclamation Re: Immobiliser

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumbawumba
Personally, I think that we need to get a group of us together who are having this problem and as a group, contact trading standards. If this is a known fault through some kind of faulty equipment, Renault should be fixing it at their own expense, not ours. And all those who have had this done should be re-imbursed.
m8 i fink thats a wicked idea mek renault av a hole in there pocket i spent £600 of my hard ernt cash on a french bagga monkey shite n then it decides to not let me in wen i use the key fob n now the cunts stranded cuz of the francaiss immobalizer bollox wont let me go drive so i found myself walking down lanes at 3 am on the way to work 10 fkin mile away u gotta mail bk m8ey i h8 the french now..
01214432526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 04:21 PM   #20
lagunav6
AF Newbie

Hi there, I work for Renault and have been interested by the uproar caused by the immobiliser systems. I can however understand frustration caused when the key no longer works.

There are two main types of immobiliser sytem, the infrared which can be identified by the small glass ball at the base of the black part of the key and the ultrasonic or radio type system. These differ in two ways. The first infrared system relies on the button on the key being pressed to deactivate the imobiliser. The second has a seperate chip and a decoder ring around the ignition barrell and even if the key does not operate the central locking should have no adverse effect on the car starting.

If you have the first system which is the earlier of the two and was phased out around 1998 a good way to check if the key is still operational (even if the red light comes on) is to point the key at a mobile phone camera and you should be able to see blue light coming from the glass ball on the key. If there is no light then the key is usually unsalvageable and would require replacement. If there is light coming out of the key yet it does not start the car it is most likely that the key and the car have gone 'out of sync' and will need to be 're-phased'. On anything other than a megane or scenic it requires the Renault Diagnostic computer to be connected to the vehicle before the key can be rephased.

Over-riding the imobiliser is possible but you will need the imobiliser code which contary to popular belief is avaliable from Renault dealers (usually about £10+vat). Renault UK have issued a document to dealers that authorise them to pass on this information provided you have shown photo id and the V5 registration document (The code is obtained from the chassis number). For a Laguna you will need to use the pedal and wiper stalk method of code entry and for a megane or scenic the code is entered via the central locking button. Immolbilser codes are not inside the key!! The number on the key together with the chassis number when entered into a crypted Renault database then produce an immobiliser code.

If you have the later radio type key there are no 'cheats' to over-ride the system and a diagnostic routine will be the way to go. You could guess and replace coded ring around the steering lock but these rarely give trouble and are often incorrectly diagnosed as the fault.

There is not a design fault with these systems, perphaps what is more of a problem is that inside your key is delicate circuitry that is unfortunatley often over delicate and anything such as magnets, heat, cold, dropping the key or sitting on it could have an adverse effect on it. As such my advice to you all would be to treat your key like gold dust as in 90% of cases the key is the problem rather than the car itself.

I hope this provides some answers and whilst i'm not strictly defending Renault I hope it provides a view from the other side of the fence. By the way an honest and reputable dealer should not charge you more than half an hour's labour to 're-phase' the key and again if you are replacing the key (which is about £70+vat) the labour charge should not be more than half an hour (definately less then £50inc vat).
lagunav6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 12:02 PM   #21
154ace154
AF Newbie

Smile Re: Immobiliser

(1996 RENAULT LAGUNA) I had a problem with the immobiliser I purchased the code from A Renault Dealer for which i was charged £10 plus V.A.T
I put the code in using the throttle and the winscreen wiper stick. You press the throttle fully to the floor until the lights go out, enter the first code number then release the throttle and repeat for the rest of the code, this overrides the immobiliser and unfortunatly you have to lock the car manualy which i can put up with. Hope this might help someone else.
154ace154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 06:42 AM   #22
ronanbrowne
AF Newbie

Thumbs up Re: Immobiliser

Hello All,

Just in case it works for anyone else:

I went in to my local Renault dealer with all guns blazing, gave them my Laguna Chassis No. and the number on the PCB inside the key. They gave me the code to turn off the immobiliser.

The interesting thing was that they said that if that didn't work, to try this code: 1232

Now that looks like a generic code to me. One which is easy to remember and quick to input using the pedal and button method.

If this works for you, please pass it on. It worked for me!

Cheers,

Ronan
ronanbrowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 05:54 AM   #23
sparky33
AF Newbie

Send a message via MSN to sparky33

I can now calculate your immobilisor 4 digit bypass code if your key has failed, this will enable you to continue to use your car until such time as your key has been recoded to your car. This system is guaranteed to work and I will only charge £10 for the service, your dealer will charge up to £30 and you have to go to the dealers with your proof of ID, I can do it online in minutes.

All you need to do is PM me with your car type, this is an identification number of the body type, eg. DAOH for a 96 - 2001 Coupe, and the last 5 digits of the code inside your key (chassis number or reg number not required), and send a payment via Paypal.

For full details see this link http://www.coupe-club.org.uk/smf/ind...pic,142.0.html

http://coupe-club.org.uk
sparky33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 01:38 PM   #24
marco1972
AF Newbie

Hi,

I am just wondering if you can help me, I have a p reg Renault laguna 2.0 rt and I have just changed the radio unit and I have lost the central locking both ways from the key fob and the door lock and the fan now runs after the engine is off plus now since I left the car for a week the battery went nearly dead and now I cannot start the car as I think the immobliser has now locked the system??? Can you help please??

Thank you for your time, if you need any info please ask

Thank you in advance
marco1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 01:42 PM   #25
marco1972
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagunav6
Hi there, I work for Renault and have been interested by the uproar caused by the immobiliser systems. I can however understand frustration caused when the key no longer works.

There are two main types of immobiliser sytem, the infrared which can be identified by the small glass ball at the base of the black part of the key and the ultrasonic or radio type system. These differ in two ways. The first infrared system relies on the button on the key being pressed to deactivate the imobiliser. The second has a seperate chip and a decoder ring around the ignition barrell and even if the key does not operate the central locking should have no adverse effect on the car starting.

If you have the first system which is the earlier of the two and was phased out around 1998 a good way to check if the key is still operational (even if the red light comes on) is to point the key at a mobile phone camera and you should be able to see blue light coming from the glass ball on the key. If there is no light then the key is usually unsalvageable and would require replacement. If there is light coming out of the key yet it does not start the car it is most likely that the key and the car have gone 'out of sync' and will need to be 're-phased'. On anything other than a megane or scenic it requires the Renault Diagnostic computer to be connected to the vehicle before the key can be rephased.

Over-riding the imobiliser is possible but you will need the imobiliser code which contary to popular belief is avaliable from Renault dealers (usually about £10+vat). Renault UK have issued a document to dealers that authorise them to pass on this information provided you have shown photo id and the V5 registration document (The code is obtained from the chassis number). For a Laguna you will need to use the pedal and wiper stalk method of code entry and for a megane or scenic the code is entered via the central locking button. Immolbilser codes are not inside the key!! The number on the key together with the chassis number when entered into a crypted Renault database then produce an immobiliser code.

If you have the later radio type key there are no 'cheats' to over-ride the system and a diagnostic routine will be the way to go. You could guess and replace coded ring around the steering lock but these rarely give trouble and are often incorrectly diagnosed as the fault.

There is not a design fault with these systems, perphaps what is more of a problem is that inside your key is delicate circuitry that is unfortunatley often over delicate and anything such as magnets, heat, cold, dropping the key or sitting on it could have an adverse effect on it. As such my advice to you all would be to treat your key like gold dust as in 90% of cases the key is the problem rather than the car itself.

I hope this provides some answers and whilst i'm not strictly defending Renault I hope it provides a view from the other side of the fence. By the way an honest and reputable dealer should not charge you more than half an hour's labour to 're-phase' the key and again if you are replacing the key (which is about £70+vat) the labour charge should not be more than half an hour (definately less then £50inc vat).

Hi,

I am just wondering if you can help me, I have a p reg Renault laguna 2.0 rt and I have just changed the radio unit and I have lost the central locking both ways from the key fob and the door lock and the fan now runs after the engine is off plus now since I left the car for a week the battery went nearly dead and now I cannot start the car as I think the immobliser has now locked the system??? Can you help please??

Thank you for your time, if you need any info please ask

Thank you in advance
Old 01-31-2007, 02:09 PM   #26
sparky33
AF Newbie

Firstly we need to establish whether or not your car can have the imobilser bypassed, to test for this is simple, turn on your ignition and press the accellerator pedal to the floor and hold it there a few seconds, if the red light stops flashing rapidly and goes to a slow flash, it will work, try this and then get back to me.

Old 02-05-2007, 02:49 PM   #27
marco1972
AF Newbie

hi, i have tryed what you said about the flashing light but no change, i took it renault and they have tryed to recode it...no change they now say maybe its the sensor near the light or the box on the floor i take it thats the ecu (computer?) at a cost of course!! any more suggestions and can i overide the immob? and keep the central locking via the key fob? if so thats what i want to do..then sell it.

thanks mark
Old 02-06-2007, 10:17 AM   #28
welshgaz
AF Newbie

I'm having this problem with my 1996 megane. I changed the main car battery after it went flat and the car started fine. The next day i realised the key remote was not working well so changed the batterys in it. The car still worked fine and used it for work the next day.

A day later, when I came to get in, I used the key to deactivate the central locking but nothing happened. The red light flashed on the key but I couldn't get in. I opened the door with the key but clicking the key still wouldnt have an effect on the immobiliser. I moved it right upto the black dome by the mirror and clicked, but got no response. The redlight on the key flashed but no response from the car.

The red flashing LED in the dash by the speedo still flashed and the car would turn over but not start.

I've tried everything I can think of but am lost.

I've searched the sites and can confirm that the key works as when I view the IR transmit LED from my camera phone it flashes twice in dark blue when the button is pressed.

I've read that taking the V5 and ID to the local Renault dealer will give me the immobiliser code. Will this permanently deactive the immobiliser or will I have to enter it each and everytime I want to start the car? They told me the code would cost £20 plus VAT.

Will I need to get the key resynced with the car or will the car now work fine? I guess I will need to use the key to enter the car.

Any help would be really appreciated as I am loath to give Renault any more money than I have to.

Cheers
Gaz
welshgaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 09:54 AM   #29
MrTam
AF Newbie

Hi. I have a Renault Laguna 1.8 RT, M reg. I parked it outside the chip shop last night leaving my kids in the car with the radio on. When i cam back i went to start the car but the pr-ignition lights didn,t light up but the engine turned over obviously not starting. The electric windows and sunroof also dont work but everything else does. Is this an immobiliser problem and if so how do i fix it. Also fuel cut off has kicked in i take it as there is deffo no fuel getting to the engine when i turn it over.
MrTam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 12:20 PM   #30
sparky33
AF Newbie

If you need help with the immobiliser go here http://www.coupe-club.org.uk/smf/ind...pic,143.0.html