Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Intrepid
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 05:08 PM   #1
dodge2013162
AF Newbie

Exclamation 2004 Dodge Intrepid P0172 Running Rich Problem

Hello,

I am hoping someone can give me some insight on my problem I am currently having. I bought this Ex-Police Car about a week ago and it runs and drives perfect. The only problem I am currently having is that when I had the codes read it was P0172 which tells me the car is running too rich. Basically led me to the BANK 1 O2 Sensors. The Upstream ones on either side of the engine. I just went and spent over $100 on those 2 sensors. Driverside installed and tightened just fine, however, I did not notice until after replacing the passenger side (which are both before the cats) that when I went to install and thread the new one, I figured out that the stupid previous owner obviously didn't care and stripped the threads that the O2 sensor threads into. My question is if anyone can help me out and let me know if I now need to replace the exhaust manifold or what. Any help or input I would appreciate greatly. What would cause the P0172 code on top of O2 sensors? Thanks for any advice
dodge2013162 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:12 PM   #2
hundahunta
AF Enthusiast

Re: 2004 Dodge Intrepid P0172 Running Rich Problem

make sure you install oem sensors
hundahunta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:19 AM   #3
dodge2013162
AF Newbie

Re: 2004 Dodge Intrepid P0172 Running Rich Problem

So they have to be Mopar O2 Sensors? Cause the ones I put in are Bosch. Another thing I did too was used Seafoam in the Main Induction Line and a it was pretty cloudy around my house afterwards. So im assuming there was some major buildup. I don't know if the Seafoam made it worse or what cause I've always used the stuff on all my vehicles I've owned and never a problem. This is really confusing me as I've had 3 cars with this same engine and never an issue like this. Do you know also if Bank 1 is on the Passenger Side. Cause im being told one minute Driver Side and next its the Passenger Side. Just want it running good again. And im being told I can get a "Heli-Coil" to fix the messed up threads on the passenger side Exhaust Manifold where the O2 Sensor threads into.
dodge2013162 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Intrepid