Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Renault > Espace
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 03:11 PM   #1
95rifles
AF Newbie

Espace Speedo

I have a 1999 Espace 2litre automatic the speedo has stopped working along with the odometer. I get an occational additional 1/10 mile increase on the odometer and occationally the speedo will indicate spurious numbers. I have taken the speedo head off and can find no obvious problems. All else is ok the autobox works well. Any ideas how the speedo gets its info as I suspect a connection problem.
Thanks in anticipation
95rifles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 12:00 PM   #2
95rifles
AF Newbie

Re: Espace Speedo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95rifles
I have a 1999 Espace 2litre automatic the speedo has stopped working along with the odometer. I get an occational additional 1/10 mile increase on the odometer and occationally the speedo will indicate spurious numbers. I have taken the speedo head off and can find no obvious problems. All else is ok the autobox works well. Any ideas how the speedo gets its info as I suspect a connection problem.
Thanks in anticipation
Just to let you know I fixed it.

The speedo is driven from a speedo drive fixed into the gearbox (two types one has a square drive shaft the other a worm gear. In order to get at it you need to take out the airfilter (big black thing beteen the engine and the battery. It is held in place with three 10mm rubber mounted bolts and a jubilee clip round the upper air vent. way back behind that is the speedo drive either pull it out (type 1) or unscrew it (type 2)after cutting the tie wrap that secures the connection. Replace with new drive and connect everything back in reverse order. For those living in Scotland there is a scrap dealer at Shotts that deals exclusivly in Renault second hand spares 01501822255

Cheers
95rifles is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Renault > Espace