Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Renault > Safrane
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-17-2003, 04:00 PM   #1
Eldalie
AF Regular

Send a message via ICQ to Eldalie Send a message via Yahoo to Eldalie
Question Safrane 2.0 Vi with 200 HP ????

Has Renault ever produced between the years 1994 - 1996 a Safrane with Vi Package and a 2.0 lt. Engine with 4 Cylinders which produces 200 HP ????

Fiat Club Türkiye
Eldalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2003, 04:49 PM   #2
Stefanel1
AF Enthusiast

After the Mégane 2.2 dci, the Safrane 2.0 200hp ! When will come the Twingo SUV 340hp ?

The 2.0 of the Safrane made 110hp. There were a V6 3.0 170 hp (FWD or 4WD) and also the awesome Safrane Biturbo V6 270hp AWD but the Biturbo cost in 1996 about 400 000 FRF (60 000 € - US$ 72 000 - 100 000 000 000 TRL for Eldalië )

Citroën C6 - Alfa Romeo 159
Stefanel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 02:52 AM   #3
Eldalie
AF Regular

Well let me tell you the funny thing about this Michaël, this is the same guy who is paying the instalments for the Megané II 2.2 dCi Sport Hatch, he actually "owns" a 94' built Safrane Vi 2.0 with 200 HP, he owns it I've seen it, but I don't think it is 200 HP do you ? I just wanted to be sure about it. There is something he told me too, he once bought a (maybe in his dreams) a Renault Safrane 3.0 V6 24V with "Triple-Turbo" a custom built one which he acquired from the General Director of Renault-OYAK
And I'm sure he will also someday buy the Twingo SUV with 340 HP that you said.
Now I'm sure that all his cars are "Phantastique" but funny how people tune up their cars ain't it ?

Fiat Club Türkiye
Old 06-18-2003, 11:23 AM   #4
Stefanel1
AF Enthusiast

Your friend is funny ....
For the Safrane, he has maybe put a microship but even with a microship on the engine, I don't thing that he could get 200hp !
For the V6 2 turbos it exists... but 3 turbos, I think he should stop smoking the carpet

So did you choose your furure car ? Laguna dci ?

Old 06-18-2003, 03:00 PM   #5
Eldalie
AF Regular

Well I went on Tuesday to the test-drive of the Renault Laguna II, the Car I drove was the Laguna II 2.0 16V BVA Privilege, such a beautiful car... you know the comfort, the direct wheel of the car and response... everything just in place as it should be except the tiptronic gear responds a little bit too slow, but you know I'm not the kind of aggressive driver, I'm let's say a little bit German in driving (14 years of Germany leave a mark definetly )
So we deceided (this means me and my co-pilot my mother) deceided to get the Renault Laguna II 2.2 dCi, with the Confort Pack (Sunroof, 6 CD-Changer etc...), in Opaque White (Colour Code: 369), with Tiprtronic, with the inside package in textile (you know leather makes you sweat in summer days) Beige Harmony option for the seats in textile, Alloy Wheels 205/60 R16 "Quercy"
But we will have to wait about 6 months for the car, the reason for that is that there is no dCi fitted car on the market here in Turkey (currently only 1.6, 2.0 & 3.0). It's the same strategy as they used in the Safranes (there is only 1 Safrane Diesel here in Turkey !)

Fiat Club Türkiye
Old 06-19-2003, 04:21 PM   #6
Stefanel1
AF Enthusiast

Thumbs up

Very good choice !!! Unless the BVA : I don't like automatic gear boxes, even if it's better today. Though, I like manuals Except that, I'd like to have your car ! Very well fitted, good engine, excellent car.
Post some pics when you'll have it... in six months : that's long indeed !

Old 07-16-2003, 03:09 PM   #7
Just_A_pal
AF Newbie

Quote:"The 2.0 of the Safrane made 110hp. There were a V6 3.0 170 hp (FWD or 4WD) and also the awesome Safrane Biturbo V6 270hp AWD..."
Fully agree with that. It's impossible to get 200hp out of 2.0 engine without turbocharge, besides Safrane doesn't have 16V engines just only 12V maximum for 4cyl.
Old 10-31-2004, 10:53 AM   #8
RenaultFreak
AF Newbie

Re: Safrane 2.0 Vi with 200 HP ????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefanel1
Very good choice !!! Unless the BVA : I don't like automatic gear boxes, even if it's better today. Though, I like manuals Except that, I'd like to have your car ! Very well fitted, good engine, excellent car.
Post some pics when you'll have it... in six months : that's long indeed !
I will never trust Renault automatics ever again
RenaultFreak is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Renault > Safrane