Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-20-2002, 03:49 PM   #31
Ando_Rules
AF Enthusiast

i liekt he GSX better
Old 06-26-2002, 03:05 PM   #32
1320B4U
AF Enthusiast

Stock, it would be a good race. Modded, the Teg wouldn't even be able to tast the premium exhaust fumes.
Old 06-26-2002, 03:14 PM   #33
Fliquer
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Fliquer
Perhaps a better comparison would be between the ITR and the Eclipse GS-T (it has the same engine as the gsx, but its FWD so its lighter=faster).

IMO, the Integra type R is probably THE best handling FWD ever. The GST is just as fast, but it doesnt handle as well. So I think the ITR is a little better than the Eclipse.
Urethane bushings in all control arms and subframe
Cone Filter
Next up: LSD

RIP #05
Old 06-26-2002, 03:41 PM   #34
1320B4U
AF Enthusiast

If your going to keep the car completely stock, the R will win handling and braking. But if you modding, the Eclipse will always win, with AWD and the 4G63T engine.
Old 07-09-2002, 01:27 AM   #35
talondvr
AF Newbie

depnds on what year clipse. 1st gen gs-t (turbo fwd) is a tick over 15 sec. on the 1/4 and 6.4 on the way to 60. the gsx is slower because the awd adds 400 lbs. after a few simple bolt ons the clipse gsx would murder the type r. the type r doesnt gain power very well and such its such a well balanced car mods tend to offset its ability to perform.

also awd does help after you start into the 13s a problem with all fwd cars is that all the pressure going directly to the ground can easily cause serious suspension damage.
Old 07-09-2002, 09:46 PM   #36
TypeR
AF Regular

well ive raced a couple 95-96 talons and i kill those things and a guy in an eclipse didn't wanna race me one time, iv seen 1/4 miles in the mid 14's like 14.5 off broken in type r's and time for the eclipse are like 14.9-15 so i am positive the type r would win, also eclipse are way heavier, and don't have as many performance parts...
Old 07-10-2002, 11:42 AM   #37
VieTxRiceRocket
AF Newbie

Scratch out the rice parts and Honda's aftermarket just shrunk in half. BTW, a GSX and ITR stock vs. stock would be pretty close, but put on the basic boltons and a GSX would 0wn it.
Old 07-10-2002, 03:00 PM   #38
TypeR
AF Regular

Oh yeah, i ment performance parts in the car already stock, oh yeah ad of ocurse the eclipse would be easier to mod, if the integra was turbo it would be too...hell if it was turboed it would be crazy fast...
Old 07-10-2002, 07:21 PM   #39
1320B4U
AF Enthusiast

Not really.......because A) Its front wheel drive, B) Its limited to like 7-8" wide wheels, and C) It would have horrid torque steer (you dont really think of torque steer in most Hondas cause they dont have any torque).

It would destroy the perfect balance the Type R has, and its that balance that makes the car so special.
Old 07-10-2002, 07:50 PM   #40
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by 1320B4U
Not really.......because A) Its front wheel drive, B) Its limited to like 7-8" wide wheels, and C) It would have horrid torque steer (you dont really think of torque steer in most Hondas cause they dont have any torque).
Yea but it's the best handling FWD car available, and it has no torque steer.

Thats why its so special... it drives like a RWD..... almost
"Your ice don't shine an your chain hollow/ why you front in clubs for hours wit tha same bottle/ takin midget sips/ I run wit the richest clicks/ Tap the thickest chicks/ plus drop the slickest hits/ you know nothin about L/ so don't doubt L/ what's this muthafuckin rap game wit out L/ Yo that's like jewels wit out ice/ that's like china wit out rice/ or the holy bible wit out christ/ tha bulls wit out mike/ crack heads wit out pipes/ or hockey games wit out fights/ don't touch the mic if you aint able to spit/ flamboyant is tha label i'm wit.. muthafucka.... Big L"
Old 07-11-2002, 03:33 AM   #41
1320B4U
AF Enthusiast

I was simply stating it would have torque steer if it had a big turbo on it.
Old 07-11-2002, 08:47 AM   #42
TypeR
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by 1320B4U

It would destroy the perfect balance the Type R has, and its that balance that makes the car so special.

Yes my car does have torque steer but what does that matter in a straight line...AWD is NOT good for racing because it can't take hard starts at all, especially high rpms, its the weakest tranny and adds too much weight and saps HP, yes it would kinda ruin the balance, which is why its not the greatest idea. But can be done pretty effectively.

PS. Not all eclipses are awd anyways i don't think, there are front wheel models and their 1/4 is actaully a bit faster due to weight and hp stuff.
Old 07-11-2002, 10:24 AM   #43
VieTxRiceRocket
AF Newbie

Actually...the only thing that can match an AWD launch is RWD on slicks. Ever seen those built GSX's launch at 7k RPMs? Also, the 1st gen DSMs will be stronger than the 2nd gen...2nd gen may look pretty, but the 1st gen is the bulletproofed one. Once you get into the low 1/4 mile times, though, yes, AWD is bad...the power drain in the drivetrain (hey, that rhymes) cuts down the top speed a lot, and at the end of the 1/4 mile it's hard to pull out power.
Old 07-11-2002, 03:11 PM   #44
TypeR
AF Regular

yeah thats what im sayin, it is a pretty big power drain, and as for the first gen one, i think i rather have some looks, cause i think those are kinda ugly lookin. I know it will not match of the line, but with some good tires and high reving the limited slip does wonders.

PS. 7000 launches in those cars are NOT a good idea for long lol
Old 07-11-2002, 06:45 PM   #45
1320B4U
AF Enthusiast

"Yes my car does have torque steer but what does that matter in a straight line..."
-Because your car was made for the corners.

"AWD is NOT good for racing because it can't take hard starts at all, especially high rpms, its the weakest tranny and adds too much weight and saps HP"

Its the best if your goal isn't better than 10's. As for hard starts, with a lot of all wheel drive vehicles you shouldn't dump the clutch because it gives almost zero wheelspin, therefore puts that stress on hard parts(tranny, diffs, axels), but you slip the clutch out fast at about 5g's and it takes off. Yeah, DSM's trannys aren't that weak, its putting up with 50% or more power than stock, which is easily added with a 16g turbo and some other bolt-ons. Thats 300+hp out of a tranny designed for 200hp. TRE.com, they have NICE trannys for DSM's, there like $2,500 and totally reinforced(double synchro 1st and 2nd, stronger parts, a lower 5th gear for a real top speed, taller gearing for 1st and 2nd, etc, etc). For the street, no less in wet Oregon, I would take AWD any day. As for weight and HP sapping, My car weighs about 3100lbs, even so the AWD makes up for its handling and the 4G63T motor has more than enough power.

"PS. Not all eclipses are awd anyways i don't think, there are front wheel models and their 1/4 is actaully a bit faster due to weight and hp stuff"

Oh really? I didn't know they made FWD turbo eclipses. Stock it might be close, but once you put on some decent mods running 300hp+, you'd be kicking yourself in the ass if you didn't get the AWD.
and HP stuff? Would you define what you meant there?

"yeah thats what im sayin, it is a pretty big power drain, and as for the first gen one, i think i rather have some looks, cause i think those are kinda ugly lookin."

Yeah its a HP drain, but name a Front wheel drive thats runs 9's and is still streetable? As for looks, you got me there. It was either go fast are look fast. But Bomex's MR2 front fascia bolts on, drop it via Ground Control, some 17's powdercoated white, repaint the red paint, take off the stock spoiler and add a nice carbon wing, it should look pretty good :smoker2: