Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Engineering/Technical Ask technical questions about cars. Do you know how a car engine works?
View Poll Results: b18c1 or h22?
b18c jdm 180hp 129ft lbs torque less weight 2 66.67%
h22 jdm 200hp 161ft lbs torque more weight 1 33.33%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-11-2002, 06:35 AM   #1
vtgsrcivicboi
Banned

Question Need Advice

Ive been thinking really hard lately wheather to get a jdm b18c or a jdm h22 i understand that the gsr has 180 hp stock with about 129 ft lbs of torque, the gsr will cost me 3800. The h22 has 200hp stock and about 161 ft lbs of torque but it weights more then they gsr can anybody tell me which one is better i seen alot of gsr's spanking h22's but if i put it in my hb its much lighter then the base model prelude. can anybody show me a fact on both tests of a gsr civic vs a h22 civic and what the outcome was? thanks
vtgsrcivicboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2002, 07:27 PM   #2
maxspeedhonda
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to maxspeedhonda Send a message via Yahoo to maxspeedhonda
I believe they would be very close. I have the b18c in my car. I was considering the h22a but after lots of research i found out some of the following things. H22A's are perfect for accords but have some downfall in a civic. The h22a is postioned different than the b series in the engine bay, which tends to result in huge under/over steer meaning you will have a car thats fast as hell in a straight line but will not corner well at all. You will definatley need custom mounts and maybe some firewall work. Also consider t you ecu version. You will definaltley need some other axles, as i killed mine with my swap. Because of the size of the motor itself, it will actually hang below the rest of the cars frame. If you bottom out you might have a very serious problem. My suggestion is to go with the b18c. Its a awesome motor. Also search around on the net and you will find the same facts i mentioned and more.
maxspeedhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2002, 03:03 PM   #3
Beyond Imagination
AF Fanatic

There will always be an ongoing debate between the H22 and the B18C. If it was up to me I would get the B18C. Consider the B18C5 as well.
Old 12-12-2002, 04:37 PM   #4
Frostbyte
AF Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Frostbyte
Well the H22 is not balanced right it kind of sits over to one side. In which people say that you can adjust your front suspension but person I think it is a little gay when you have one strut in the fron adjust diffrent then the other. Kind of Ghetto but to each their own.
JIC Magic Front and Rear Strut Bars
Slotted and Cross-drilled Rotors
S/S Brake Lines
Pivot Lazy eye controller
Blitz LM Intake
Blitz D1 Spec Turbo Timer
Soon to come:
Sard 550cc Injectors
Blitz Nur Spec Exhaust
Blitz Down pipe
HKS FMIC
http://www.driftmonkey.com (Part Owner)
Frostbyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2002, 01:16 AM   #5
YOUNGSTER
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to YOUNGSTER Send a message via MSN to YOUNGSTER Send a message via Yahoo to YOUNGSTER
b18c5 (type r) sucks id either go b18c or h22a if all motor h22a lots of torque id use it for all motor and b18c for turbo either way would be fine do you plan on it being a daily driver or a straight drag car.
YOUNGSTER is offline   Reply With Quote