Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Lincoln > LS | MKZ
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 01:56 PM   #1
Cbierniat
AF Regular

00 Lincoln LS Turns over for a bit then starts

My buddy has a Lincoln LS and the car has a problem starting.... it turns over and over and then finally starts... idk if its a fuel problem or what... anyone have any ideas or experience this problem?

Thank You
Cbierniat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 04:53 PM   #2
shorod
SHO No Mo

Re: 00 Lincoln LS Turns over for a bit then starts

I'd suggest your friend check the fuel pressure just after the key is turned on (system primed) and the battery voltage with key on as well as during the cranking. When's the last time the fuel filter was replaced? When the car starts, does it run fine?

Does it start better if your friend turns the key to run for a couple of seconds, then off for 15 seconds, back to start, off for 15 seconds, then start? If so, I'd say it's a fuel issue, either a restricted filter or fuel pump failing.

The LS tends to be pretty sensitive of battery voltage as well. Since it's probably getting pretty cold in Michigan right now, if they haven't replaced the battery in some time, that would be a good preventive maintenance step that just might fix their starting issue as well. While changing the battery, make sure the cables are clean and tight as well.

-Rod
shorod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 04:26 PM   #3
carver32
AF Newbie

Re: 00 Lincoln LS Turns over for a bit then starts

I was just going to post a similar issue. Ask your friend if he is experiencing these issues as well and maybe someone will help us solve both of our issues.

My 2001 V8 LS cranks forever and will not start unless I turn the key to the run position and listen for the fuel pump to stop and then turn the key. It starts fine everytime if I do this.

Once running it does not idle well when in gear. If the car is out of gear and I depress the gas pedal it will cut out at about 3000 rpm just like it cuts out at 155mph Starving for fuel or misfiring.

When driving down the road if I gently accelerate it will misfire or starve not sure which. If I punch it it seems to run better.

The check engine light comes on and blinks sometimes and comes on solid sometimes, but I can make it go out by changing my driving habits.

As you can tell I have been trying to gather as much detail as possible.

Battery and plugs are brand new.
carver32 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Lincoln > LS | MKZ