Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > AF in General > Hot and Not
Hot and Not Express your opinion about this site here. Any comments, good or bad, are welcome.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-14-2004, 12:48 AM   #1
KatWoman
AF Enthusiast

Mods, please help me with this.

Ok here's the deal.....and someone please tell me if I missed out on some important annoucement, because my visits here are pretty spotty these days.

I pretty much have to deactiviate my firewall so I can see smileys, pics, avatars etc. The first time I did this I noticed my avatar wasnt showing, nor were the stars under my name (AF level).

So I thought maybe it disappeared because I changed webhosts. But when I went to update it all I see is this:

No options to choose to upload or type in a URL. When I hit submit modifications, it just goes back to that screen above.

Can someone tell me why this is happening? This is with the firewall disabled BTW. I am not a program whiz so I'd rather just turn it off when on this board than screw around with settings.

Long story short: I can't change my avatar or see the rating/level under my name.......was I bad?

Any insight is much appreciated
KatWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 09:23 AM   #2
YogsVR4
Funding the welfare state

Send a message via AIM to YogsVR4
Now thats weird. I don't see them under your name eiher. I don't know what to do about it, but I'll see if someone does.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
Old 04-21-2004, 03:07 PM   #3
YogsVR4

Edit: Kat - I copied this thread to the moderators corner. I hope someone there has an answer.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
Old 04-22-2004, 02:25 PM   #4
YogsVR4

I know we generally don't post things from the mod corner in other forums, but this is certainly an exception since everyone is responding there which is kid of leaving you in the dark.
So, here are the things coming back as responses.

From Shortbus@AF

Wait her user group is "girls"? Did Igor change this recently I wonder, If you go into mod CP there is no .gif file inserted there for the stars to show up. Thats weird. She has a custom avatar enabled but the link appears to be broken.

--------------------------------------------------

Carrrnutttt in response to Moppie
Quote: <HR SIZE=1>Originally Posted by Moppie
I dont see any smilies and only some avatars with my Firewall on.
Its only good old Norton and I dont have any porblems at other VB bourds.

There is something in AF's settings that Norton and appreatly other firewalls dont like.
<HR SIZE=1>
When I was in school, their firewall prevented me from seeing any images that were hosted by AF's server. My ZoneLabs at home allows me to view the same images. The funny (or unfunny) part is, I can see everyone's avatars and stars in this thread EXCEPT HERS. That is NO firewall problem.

-------------------------------------------------

From Heep -

Zone Alarm by Zone Labs does exactly that. My dad is super paranoid about firewalling and viruses and stuff, and has Zone Alarm installed. I was getting the same problem with the avatars and gifs, but just figured that part of the server was down or something. Later that day, the program ran some check automatically and pissed me off, so I closed it. When I came back to AF with it closed, all the avatars were back. I've double checked - Zone Alarm definitely does block avatars and other gif files.

----------------------------------------------------

If you can, log in on another pc and see what happens there. This will help in determining if the problem resides on your PC or with AF. (as long as the other pc you log in on doesn't have the same settings)

If you'd like - find someone you trust that has an account here and let them log in with your name and password (be sure to change it afterwards) and see if it happens to them too.

I'll keep you posted.

Old 04-25-2004, 03:40 PM   #5
mike@af
Captain Over Engineer

Send a message via ICQ to mike@af Send a message via AIM to mike@af Send a message via Yahoo to mike@af
I've visited AF on computers with Zone Alarm and no problem. I can see everyone elses stars and avatars except yours.

mike.lawrence@automotiveforums.com | AutomotiveForums.com | Flickr Gallery
mike@af is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 01:37 PM   #6
KatWoman
AF Enthusiast

Re: Mods, please help me with this.

Hey everyone...sorry I've been out

Well I am now on a PC with no firewalls or other programs other than internet and email etc. and I still can't see stars or my avatar. I still don't have the option to update either. As for the broken links mentioned from the mod corner stuff posted here, it is possible since I changed web hosts about 2 months ago, but I would think that I would still be able to go into my profile to insert the correct link?
Old 05-21-2004, 10:15 PM   #7
KatWoman
AF Enthusiast

Still nothing yet?

I've logged into 3 different places, none with firewalls and still can't do my avatar. Also no stars either
Old 05-22-2004, 08:55 PM   #8
mike@af
Captain Over Engineer

Send a message via ICQ to mike@af Send a message via AIM to mike@af Send a message via Yahoo to mike@af

I just checked your profile and everything looks fine. I'll talk to Igor about it.

mike.lawrence@automotiveforums.com | AutomotiveForums.com | Flickr Gallery
mike@af is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > AF in General > Hot and Not