Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-31-2004, 08:56 AM   #31
crayzayjay
CFA

Re: Re: Re: power : capacity ratio TOP 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neutrino
I was not so mad as much as a bit irritated especially by aznthuggie. He does seem to like to correct people whithout even bothering to do some reseach firts.
Damned straight
crayzayjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 01:05 PM   #32
aznxthuggie
AF Enthusiast

u want me to do what? tell u guys im wrong? at first i was agreeing with yukihime because it even said on that link .654 x 2.. but now what? you want me to follow in yukihimes steps n say im wrong? hell no

i haven't even posted in the last 10 posts and u guys are bagging on me? how old are u guys? run out of ideas or what? stop being lil kids.. i like to stick to my ideas and if i think they are right then I THINK they are right im not telling you to believe me.. we all post our opinions/facts on this forum.. are u telling me if i post the rx8 has 1.3 liter when its on mazdas website that its wrong? NO it is correct to me if its on the manufacturers website, so you dont need to start being a lil kid and talking crap about me.. learn to grow up
aznxthuggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 01:32 PM   #33
aznxthuggie
AF Enthusiast

dam i guess u guys are right...

i can't really argue with this

http://autos.msn.com/advice/article....windowshopping
Old 03-31-2004, 04:07 PM   #34
crayzayjay
CFA

Re: power : capacity ratio TOP 10

So let's get this straight.

You were the one talking out of your ass. You accused us of lying. You questioned our maturity, and when you realised that you were of course wrong, you didnt even give an apology.

And you wonder why we question your attitude

Think hard of what you want to say before you reply to this, as im sure you're going to.
crayzayjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 05:46 PM   #35
Neutrino
Yaya Master

Send a message via AIM to Neutrino

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznxthuggie
yup the rx8 is 1.3 not 2.6 because each rotor has like .654 liter or something it even says on the link so stop trying to make yourself sound correct
you attack me without even bothering to do some proper research and you post your opinion as fact to make me look bad

Quote:
the rally cars in the WRC are limited to a 2.0 liter 4 cylinder engine at 300hp not 350 get ur facts straight
in this case you were actually correct but you jump down the throat of another user for being wrong(like you were never wrong before)

now you understand why i posted my comment. i saw a trend in your posts so it was a hint. Feel free to disagree but try to be nicer when you do it and do try and put a minimum of effort to do some basic research when you are not sure about something.

Edit: second quote was from a different user and it has been removed. My mistake

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

Last edited by Neutrino; 03-31-2004 at 07:19 PM.
Neutrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 06:59 PM   #36
aznxthuggie
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: power : capacity ratio TOP 10

Quote:
you attack me without even bothering to do some proper research and you post your opinion as fact to make me look bad

again you post your opinionn as fact debite being blatantly wrong

in this case you were actually correct but you jump down the throat of another user for being wrong(like you were never wrong before)

now you understand why i posted my comment. i saw a trend in your posts so it was a hint. Feel free to disagree but try to be nicer when you do it and do try and put a minimum of effort to do some basic research when you are not sure about something.
well for one thing the azn3000gt isnt' me, for another thing look at my other post on that same forum.. yes i said sorry to the guy i was talkin to

look:
sorry flylwsi.. i had to make sure that u knew the real limits.. ima wrc fan.. =D

yes thats an apology so stop assuming because i have azn in my screenname that all screen names that start with azn are me, second i base what i said about the rotary engine on the information that mazda puts on their website, third i wasn't attacking you, if i did i would probably use your name, i was talking to everyone because it said .654 x 2.. now what is .654 x 2? well im guna guess its 1.3, and thats also what it says on the website, and crazy jay how did u get in this? i was never talkign to you, it seems to me your jus talking to yourself, im talkin to neutrino
Old 03-31-2004, 07:16 PM   #37
Neutrino
Yaya Master

Re: Re: Re: power : capacity ratio TOP 10

Quote:
well for one thing the azn3000gt isnt' me, for another thing look at my other post on that same forum.. yes i said sorry to the guy i was talkin to
Opps my bad...i feel stupid about that one....i did not ever realise till now that it was a different screen name. So sorry about that.

Quote:
yes thats an apology so stop assuming because i have azn in my screenname that all screen names that start with azn are me, second i base what i said about the rotary engine on the information that mazda puts on their website, third i wasn't attacking you, if i did i would probably use your name, i was talking to everyone because it said .654 x 2.. now what is .654 x 2? well im guna guess its 1.3, and thats also what it says on the website, and crazy jay how did u get in this? i was never talkign to you, it seems to me your jus talking to yourself, im talkin to neutrino

in you post you were very clearly refering to me since I was the only one talking about the rx8 being a 2.6. And the sentence:"stop trying to make yourself sound correct" its very clearly pointed at me and its quite dismisive I might add.

Bottom line you've dismissed all my arguments that i researched as nothing.

And jay got in this since he is in charge of this section of the froums and he noticed your attitude too.

So all we ask is to be nicer to your fellow members and not dismiss them so easily especially when they bring proper arguments.

(\__/)
Old 03-31-2004, 07:20 PM   #38
aznxthuggie
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: Re: power : capacity ratio TOP 10

Quote:
Opps my bad...i feel stupid about that one....i did not ever realise till now that it was a different screen name. So sorry about that.

in you post you were very clearly refering to me since I was the only one talking about the rx8 being a 2.6. And the sentence:"stop trying to make yourself sound correct" its very clearly pointed at me and its quite dismisive I might add.

Bottom line you've dismissed all my arguments that i researched as nothing.

And jay got in this since he is in charge of this section of the froums and he noticed your attitude too.

So all we ask is to be nicer to your fellow members and not dismiss them so easily especially when they bring proper arguments.
well sorry bout that, but when i get information from the car company itself im assuming its correct and i'll stand by it til i find out for myself, i also said "dam i guess u guys are right" doesn't that mean.. im wrong and your right? o well sorry bout that
Old 04-02-2004, 11:22 PM   #39
YukiHime
AF Enthusiast

Hey guys...Would you please stop arguing and give me some simple answers???
Old 04-03-2004, 10:30 PM   #40
Mr Payne
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8slayer
Why has no one bothered to knock the S2000 off its throne? Is it really that hard?
Think of it as a function of revs. As soon as other automakers make an engine which revs to 9000K you might get another car that makes 120hp/L. Until then, probably not. However, if any company could do it...it would be BMW. They definitely have the best TQ/L generation of any car maker and could convievably hit the 9000RPM mark......then again all the engines are getting bigger and therefore harder to make rev to 9000.
Mr Payne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 12:35 AM   #41
dayna240sx
Banned

Send a message via AIM to dayna240sx

A lot of companies could easily "knock the s2000 of its throne" but detune their engines for reliablity. The S2000 hasnt been out long enough to see how reliable it is.

There are 900 hp N/A rotaries out there, 1.3 or 2.6 L, thats still crazy.
dayna240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 07:49 AM   #42
Neutrino
Yaya Master

the way I see it rotaries achieve amazing power levels in very small overall packages. therfore alowing small engines that can be placed in optimum spots for handling.

However their specific output is rather low due to their low thermodynamic efficiency.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YukiHime
Hey guys...Would you please stop arguing and give me some simple answers???

could you be more specific about what exactly your questions are

(\__/)
Old 04-06-2004, 11:36 PM   #43
YukiHime
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
the way I see it rotaries achieve amazing power levels in very small overall packages. therfore alowing small engines that can be placed in optimum spots for handling.

However their specific output is rather low due to their low thermodynamic efficiency.

could you be more specific about what exactly your questions are
I just still don't understand how they measure 1.3L and 2.6L
is the 1.3 just measuring one side of each rotor?
Old 04-07-2004, 02:06 AM   #44
LjasonL
Some Guy

Send a message via AIM to LjasonL
In a rotary engine one complete combustion cycle is completed for every single full rotation of the crankshaft. In a conventional piston engine one full cycle is completed in 2 full rotations of the crankshaft. So although measuring the size of the combustion chamber is 1.3 liters, the fact that it completes two full cycles for every one cycle of a reciprocating piston engine makes it behave as a conventional engine twice it's size. Therefore, it is considered to be twice it's measured size, or 2.6 liters.
LjasonL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 02:11 AM   #45
Neutrino
Yaya Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldelaysionl
In a rotary engine one complete combustion cycle is completed for every single full rotation of the crankshaft. In a conventional piston engine one full cycle is completed in 2 full rotations of the crankshaft. So although measuring the size of the combustion chamber is 1.3 liters, the fact that it completes two full cycles for every one cycle of a reciprocating piston engine makes it behave as a conventional engine twice it's size. Therefore, it is considered to be twice it's measured size, or 2.6 liters.

Excellent explanation

(\__/)

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons