Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Engineering/Technical Ask technical questions about cars. Do you know how a car engine works?
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-18-2002, 11:51 AM   #1
york2600
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to york2600
94 GSR with 96+ Spec R B18C Wiring Harness work?

I just got a 96+ Spec B18C (JDM Obviously) and I know I'm going to need a USDM wiring harness so that everything plugs in on the right side, but I'm wondering what other work I will need as my car has OBD 1 (94 Integra GSR) components and this is an OBD II engine. Is it worth my time to attempt this myself or should I just let a shop have all the fun.

-Tim

Mods: Professionally Built B20/VTEC: B18C1 head w/ pocket port, JE oversized pistons, Eagle Rods, block guard, ARP head studs, Skunk2 Intake Manifold, STR Throttle Body, AEM CAI, AEM Fuel Rail/Regulator, RC Engineering 280CC injectors, Denso Iridium Plugs, Magnacor Wires, DC Sports 4-2-1 SS Header, Greddy Evo Exhaust, ACT Stage 1 clutch W/ ACT flywheel, Apexi SAFC & Revspeed Meter, and many other toys.
york2600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2002, 08:28 PM   #2
maxspeedhonda
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to maxspeedhonda Send a message via Yahoo to maxspeedhonda
I'm not positive about the computer differences, but i do know that a friend of mine that put an h22a in an accord had the same situation. He was telling me that the harnesses had to be rewired and it was a pain in the ass. I have also heard of adapters for this. I'm not positive though so somebody correct me if i am wrong.
maxspeedhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2002, 01:03 AM   #3
york2600
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to york2600
I have an ECU and I may have the wiring harness for the new engine so it's not a compatibility issue. I wanted to know if since many of the components are on the left hand side of my car as opposed to the right hand drive components in the JDM ITR do I need a US Integra Type R b18c5 wiring harness?

-Tim

Mods: Professionally Built B20/VTEC: B18C1 head w/ pocket port, JE oversized pistons, Eagle Rods, block guard, ARP head studs, Skunk2 Intake Manifold, STR Throttle Body, AEM CAI, AEM Fuel Rail/Regulator, RC Engineering 280CC injectors, Denso Iridium Plugs, Magnacor Wires, DC Sports 4-2-1 SS Header, Greddy Evo Exhaust, ACT Stage 1 clutch W/ ACT flywheel, Apexi SAFC & Revspeed Meter, and many other toys.
york2600 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical