Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > General Discussion
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-17-2017, 01:20 PM   #1
gotdurt
AF Newbie

2001 Ford Vehicle Security System: need help

I have a 2001 E150 van with a "Ford Vehicle Security System". I've owned it for a few months, and haven't had a need to even think about the alarm; it never caused any problems with entry, starting, etc. I questioned that it even worked, which to me, was a good thing.

A few days ago, I replaced the clockspring in the steering wheel, and to do so, had to disconnect the battery... after reconnecting the battery, all heck broke loose, and has been a headache ever since. I can't seem to find a rhyme or reason to how this thing works, but now any time I open a door with a key, it goes off. After disarming, which is almost every time I get in it, it won't start; I have to turn the key off, hit the unlock button on the fob a couple of times, then try again. Among other annoyances...

I have located the sensor and module. I also noted a wire that was tapped into a blue or purple (color blind) wire on the clock spring harness. I transferred it to the new wire, but question the need for it.

Frankly, there is no need for an alarm in this van, and I just want the alarm out of my life, or at least seemingly inoperable, like it was before...

How can I:
a) disconnect it from the door locks AND ignition (ignition at the very least)
or:
b) remove it permanently, while keeping the remote keyless entry
gotdurt is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > General Discussion