Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240SX | Silvia | 200SX(RWD) | Gazelle | 180SX
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 03:09 AM   #1
cooper-det
AF Newbie

need a little more speed

new to this s14 and sr20det black top thing need to get as much info as possible to get more power without entering inside the engine, so far all i have done is installed a front mount intercooler,, where do i go from here somebody please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cooper-det is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 04:24 AM   #2
slideways...
AF Enthusiast

Re: need a little more speed

poop in the gas tank.

Rice Police #1. dont argue with me just because you are a riceboy and/or have sand in your vagina. i am superior. and i am smarter than you. end of story.
slideways... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 06:53 AM   #3
spytearbite
Banned

And that is no lie. You poop more oxygen in your engine, you are going to make that green hose you spayed the poop with is now mixed with more water.
OK, so say water needs to be turned into a gas then steam and now we are adding the poop for even more power is that is going to give off energy once the steam vapors off is now burn off the poop is more fuel x2!

So, you can add NOX or condensed oxygen in a bottle. Laughing gas? Dense pure oxygen is more like that steam going off and when you use an oxy/set-o-lean torch on fire? Well, you can turn the sea- oh man-lean it goes off and the oxygen will burn on it's own = LOX for liquid rockets? Liquid oxygen in a super liquid or your basic, solid, liquid, gas that matters how it enters the combustion chamber.
So, right there you have a power adder without popping off a head on the engine. Now, when you step up the performance, you sacrifice some place else. So, you ask around about Nox and stories are abound about holed pistons being welded like you melt the piston down > Literally! You also have these valves too. The head (of the valve) looks all half a valve face is it is burned away! Like you just sat there with a torch and just held the flame to the dome of the piston or at the edge of the valve and just kept on moving the torch tip toward the stem of the valve. Vapor that metal away!
I just wanted to warn you of that suggestion if it comes up about speeding up your power? That is liquid power or fuels that (poop engines like a dog poops your lawn = And you dog do not own a dog), you rather have a shot that poop before it hits the (kin tuck key blue) is that you need to shoot that gas in as spurts. It is not a "constant" say like a muffler change.

You change to a fast burning liquid (ok, gas call it) and that is not the speed of engine speed you are looking for. It is short lived and used only for moment bye moment; you use too much or too many times too close; is a cooked down engine in seconds! A muffler change is not an engine cooker like the oxygen cooks down an engine. If you understand what performance speed is in the 'moment' or the, 'constant?' That could be two types of performance enhancears.

So, have we sort of established a type of air speed or engine speed being we are not even near dropping the trans away to pull the engine = It broke! Gas my POP the poop'd one, did dat hurt the dingle berries!

OK, so confuse me more and we say, more air in or more fuel bump in? I would pass on the fuel bump for more power. You have yet to touch the engine parts going in (air cleaner change) or the speed of the air going out (muffler less restricted) of the exhaust.

I rather exploit what the factory has already preset in the engine. For example, the brochure might say 114lbs of torque for that model. But you dyno that engine and the torque comes up short, about 10 pounds short.

You are all about to start suing for the bait and switch brochure, but you forgot to bring your math as your defense. The bore/stroke/fuel metering/ is all in that, "Preset." Meaning, the engine puts out so much power per rpm times all the rest of the variables being the bore/stroke/etc.

So, your engine is peak 114 for argument sake and you are stepping on 104 pounds of torque or HP say. Lettuce not confuse the salad mix that is going on here as you read. My point is to point out air speed and not to touch your engine one valve cover is it removed; we are speaking power locked down power, (being unlock the air speed theory is me). See, nothing is new in performance gains. Same old physics.

You want to chase more air in and send it out faster. This basically saying; the sooner you make the crank spin; the power to gain that 114 is hidden in your 104 foot <pedal is the pun once again.

Now, you know racers think a little off the wall, but say we can still pull the logic out of our fill in the blank. So, you want to think like a racer, kind of remove that air cleaner and let that air in sooner. That is one area you can exploit to gain that torque value. We do not need to bring in 'flow' and all those characteristics.

Think more on the lines of 'air speed in' and 'air speed out.' Because, basically, you alter one thing as simple as an air cleaner, you are going to upset about 5 variables is the average give or take. That is why you hear so many complaints about performance mods are that the 5 or so changes made to that one air cleaner are more mods about to snowball is your are chasing the 5 that showed up with that one mod is pick your mod.

If you started with an exhaust (first); that shot the air out sooner! You have that fuel helper or really, an air bubble you are exploiting on the exhaust side, (called reversion).
Say, you start with the exhaust change. This is going to bring a lot of crank-free-speed heading up to that ideal 114 pounds of torque already built-in. It is going to take a lot to chase HP is $$$ feeding those 5 variables you are now the factory R&D. You had to change the varialbes the factory already made it somewhat a perfect machine you are in it for work and all it get you there. But now it is going to be loud, faster, moves more fuel is more crank speed or faster getting there than before.
There is your base fuel tank meter. Where you better off without the mods? Now look at the gas mileage all in the mods, I had to go faster.

But now, you enter every pipe stinger maker; every muffler maker; every header maker; every cross over pipe; every 4 into 1 into 2 into the other 4 being plumbed into the fray is a V8 head to header to primary to cat convert to muffler to diameter of pipe to keep going is the example you install whoever makes a complete exhaust system from head to bumper, you will see a torque change like a snowflake is the same is the game you play.

You are the, "Berk" when it comes to performance and maybe how you play that game is to know basic physics? I do not know the answer. I just know that if someone suggests you set up some injector system that needs a tank of compressed WOT (wide open throttle) ever (fuel on the piggyback) they are suggesting, you have some sort of heads up about fuels and simple air exploitation is you make the air the > berk!

Lots of mufflers and lots of air cleaners. Lost of air induct is duck > Berk is the elixir.
spytearbite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 11:48 AM   #4
doberman_52
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to doberman_52

Search through the previous post and you will find all the info you need. Bolt on, manifolds and such are about it, dont look at just power mods though, look at reducing weigh and improving handeling too. And dont mind them, they just want you to do your research, and then ask questions from there.

Cory
doberman_52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 04:26 PM   #5
DC1984
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to DC1984

u are partially right on the poop thing, but ur explanation is all wrong. it'll make u faster cause it puts of methane which is flammable, not because of the oxygen, duh. lol.
yea man. just do some research, and of course ur budget is going to play a role.
210 hp/215 tq to the wheels
DC1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 05:09 PM   #6
spytearbite
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC1984
u are partially right on the poop thing, but ur explanation is all wrong. it'll make u faster cause it puts of methane which is flammable, not because of the oxygen, duh.
Duh? I double douched your fuels is burned them twice. One solid, one liquid. OK, condense meth and leave out the oxygen... Will it burn w/out Oxy? Sounds like your explain is to me is to correct you.
Old 08-21-2008, 05:15 PM   #7
DC1984
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to DC1984

thats why u get it dynotuned using an afc, so u dont run too lean or too rich
210 hp/215 tq to the wheels
DC1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 06:41 PM   #8
cooper-det
AF Newbie

you guys are so bad lol,,uh thanks alot doberman, took you advice though i just ordered an upgraded intake manifold , exhaust manifold, friend of mine told me to get a 300 z mass air sensor and some 450cc injectors, dont know about all of this but he is the one doing the work so i guess he knows, as for handeling when i ordered the car from japan it came with cusco aftermarket shocks also all the suspension was upgraded and the differential also i think is a 2 way diff, well thats what the papers said, all i want now is the most amount of power i can get out of this engine without doing internals,,,how much hp you think i can sqeeze out of this sr
cooper-det is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 01:50 AM   #9
spytearbite
Banned

Figure on average give or take about 10hp to every inch. So, say you have a 350 Chevy engine you want to hop up say = 350HP. Figure it like about 8 to 10 if you have the wallet for it.
Old 08-23-2008, 05:49 AM   #10
slideways...
AF Enthusiast

Last Monday I was feeling sort of blue, sort of sick, from the fajitas and leftover Halloween candy over the weekend. At some point my gut sort of lurched. Right after that I got handed an ulcer-inducing list of stuff to do for work, so I was like, Screw this, I'm going to jenk.
Of course the problem with this is that you can't just get jenk over the counter or buy it from some dealer. You have to make it. So I got out my handy 5gal fermenter, blasted a squirming snake of brown-green feces into it, and then pissed all over it and added some brown sugar and nutmeg (makes the jenk more powerful, taste better). I threw on the lid and hooked up the hose to my compressor then went about my business.
Tuesday sucked just as bad, and Wednesday was really slow. I woke up in the middle of the night at one point and I could hear the compressor pounding the jenk into a pure condensed gas. It chills it and crams it into a small bottle, which loses some of the (delicious) shit taste but makes it easy to do on the sly. When I got home Wednesday, I was so fried I forgot all about the jenk. I put a pizza in the stove and went to take a showever, but I walked past the compressor and was like, no way, I have jenk.
I huffed the fucker right then.
To those of you who are jenk virgins, the experience can't be compared to anything else. It's not like cocaine, it's not like dope, and it's really not at all like alcohol. Jenk is a pure tunnel of power that first forms a hand that crushes you, then it opens up and follow the tunnel wherever it goes. You have no control.
I exhaled, uncapped the bottle and got my lips over it, then huffed. The first wave of cold jenk is like your dead grandmother's worst flatulence so the real objective is to hold it as long as you can without barfing. I went almost a minute, then upchucked Panera sandwich and coffee straight out the window in a brownish batter cascading down the side of the house. It already looked amusing when I passed out cold.
That's how it always is with jenk. First you die, then you rise again three minutes later. I don't remember passing out but I remember suddenly being standing up and the whole room is jello. A hoary voice is calling my name, and I can hear a conversation about my bank account and whether I'm right with God. I pick up a knife and it doesn't bother me that I could cut myself, or slit someone's throat for no reason at all. It's like being awake dreaming, and you can talk to the dead, because in part you're in the land of dead. Everything looks brown-green.
I must've jenked for about two hours because when I came to again, the house was full of smoke and the fire department was arriving to put out the pizza I stuck in the oven earlier. One of them asked what happened and I said, "It was the jenkem, man, it's a lonely path," apparently, because they were all joking about it later but I made it out OK. This was probably my best jenkem experience so far and as soon as I shit out the replacement pizza I got last night, I'm going to start up the machine so I can jenk again.

Rice Police #1. dont argue with me just because you are a riceboy and/or have sand in your vagina. i am superior. and i am smarter than you. end of story.
slideways... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 05:23 PM   #11
doberman_52
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to doberman_52

Quote:
Originally Posted by spytearbite
Dense pure oxygen is more like that steam going off and when you use an oxy/set-o-lean torch on fire? Well, you can turn the sea- oh man-lean it goes off and the oxygen will burn on it's own = LOX for liquid rockets?
Also to clarify, O2 doesnt burn, its the fact the nothing can burn with out O2, and anything will burn in an all O2 environment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper-det
you guys are so bad lol,,uh thanks alot doberman, took you advice though i just ordered an upgraded intake manifold , exhaust manifold, friend of mine told me to get a 300 z mass air sensor and some 450cc injectors, dont know about all of this but he is the one doing the work so i guess he knows, as for handeling when i ordered the car from japan it came with cusco aftermarket shocks also all the suspension was upgraded and the differential also i think is a 2 way diff, well thats what the papers said, all i want now is the most amount of power i can get out of this engine without doing internals,,,how much hp you think i can sqeeze out of this sr
No problem. Also if you are looking for street use, a 1.5 way diff would be better, The 300ZX MAF would work as well as the 450cc's, The MAF just needs to be wired correctly if I remember right, would also be a good idea to get the ECU flashed to work with the new headers, MAF and injectors. If you are gonna up the injectors on it, also look at getting a Walbro 255LPH fuel pump to compensate for the difference of fuel in the engine. As far as HP, I am not sure, my guess would be 275 plus maybe? but dont quote me on that, make sure you have good shocks/struts, and brakes for handeling.

Cory
doberman_52 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240SX | Silvia | 200SX(RWD) | Gazelle | 180SX