Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Plymouth > Breeze
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-25-2009, 02:33 PM   #1
nuszmd
AF Newbie

98 Breeze - not cranking, not starting

Hi all. Wonder if you can help me. Our '98 Breeze won't start. The problem is almost constant, but every once in a while it will crank and start, then runs fine. Sometimes it can be jumped and started, most of the time it won't. It acts like it is not getting enough current to kick over the starter. Lights and dash flash on and off when it is doing this. But, power windows go up and down without hesitation. We cleaned the battery terminals and it didn't help. We replaced the battery, and that did not help. We took the battery and cables out of the equation by hooking jumper cables to the jump points with no battery hooked up - and that didn't help.

It seems like a ground issue, but we have cleaned the main ground post on the strut tower.

Has anyone seen this? What other connections should I be checking? Could the main positive terminal in front of the fuse box (where positive battery cable hooks in) be broken inside? Let me know what you think, as this is very strange.

Thx.
nuszmd is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
battery , cable , electrical , ground , problem
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Plymouth > Breeze