Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Vector > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-01-2003, 10:22 AM   #16
vectorclub
AF Enthusiast

Re: Anyone have real experiences with Vectors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by danblackracing
Seeing one would be a waste of time for me. I would faint at the first sight of it, then It'd be gone by the time I woke up , or I would crash into somethjing looking at it if I was driving, lol
You can see more pics of the Vectors at the Vector Aeromotive Club site, www.vectoraeromotiveclub.com

If you would have gone to the Concorso in Monterey, there was 5 Vectors sitting there for hours. This would have been enough time for you to faint and wake up. Since you would have been walking there would have been no issues with crashing.
Old 09-01-2003, 11:02 AM   #17
danblackracing
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to danblackracing Send a message via Yahoo to danblackracing
Re: Re: Anyone have real experiences with Vectors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vectorclub
You can see more pics of the Vectors at the Vector Aeromotive Club site, www.vectoraeromotiveclub.com

If you would have gone to the Concorso in Monterey, there was 5 Vectors sitting there for hours. This would have been enough time for you to faint and wake up. Since you would have been walking there would have been no issues with crashing.
The links on http://www.vectoraeromotiveclub.com/ dont work. I tried three diffreent browsers........
danblackracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 01:54 PM   #18
KKramer
AF Newbie

Actual Experience

I used to work in Green Cove Springs FL from 1993-1995. I saw a yellow Vector parked at a gas station while driving through town. I could kill myself for not tuning around to go check it out. I've been a fan of them since my youth, but never new that they had once actually been located in GCS. If you've ever been there, you'd find it hard to believe, since you can't get much more redneck than that little town.
Anyway, I moved to Fort Lauderdale and lived down the street for some exotic car stores for while. I saw several Vectors during that time, one painted in an American flag motif and a purple one. I'm sure there were others, but I can't recall at this moment. I walked by them and looked in through the windows, but never went in the stores to look at them, for fear I'd do something foolish.
KKramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2003, 09:24 PM   #19
jay6g73
AF Newbie

[quote=vectorclub]

Then a guy in Florida bought the car. The W8 needed some work, so the guy decided to alter the engine and other parts. Rumor is the car had 1000bhp (600bhp was stock rating), but I have never seen proof of that.

The current owner, who lives in Northern California, has taken on challenge of making that car run right with 900 plus horsepower. The Florida guys did some "mickey mouse" things to the car. In a sense, it sad the car is not fully original, but it is going to be a very fast car when it back on the road.QUOTE]

Jack Carusoe owned that vector i believe. He owns a few MOPAR dealerships here in jacksonville. Ive had the pleasure of talking to him about his car collection (over 250). However i never got to see the vector in person
jay6g73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2004, 01:28 PM   #20
peter i
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to peter i
Yeah ! I did

SO REAL and FULLY tuning the Twin Turbo W8

(Simulator driving it in Gran Turismo)
peter i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2004, 06:42 PM   #21
saturnxsc2
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to saturnxsc2

god bless gran tourismo
saturnxsc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005, 03:42 AM   #22
toprol
AF Newbie

I drove a yellow V12 Vector w/ ford guages/controls etc,in Ca in late summer of 2000.Also saw a black one w/ heavy front end damage and a silver one w/ light damage to pass rr wheel arch and ,i was told, wiring glitches.All 3 were being stored, along with a met blue Marcos kit car,in a warehouse in Pomona Ca
toprol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 09:39 PM   #23
Wazzunyc
AF Newbie

The only time I have ev er see one is on my friends poster in high school. Cool to know people actually see them. Anyone got any pics of one you have seen?
Wazzunyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 07:40 PM   #24
vegaslush
AF Newbie

Cool Real experiences with Vector

I am new to this board so Hello everyone. I have a few experiences with Vector. I was an exotic car broker in 1989-1993 and dealt with the Vector factory. I was an independent broker so I was not associated with the factory in any official capacity. I was right out of High School, so I was young and enthusiastic.

As far as experiences I toured the factory twice and was very impressed with what I saw, but there were only 3 cars being worked on. Sorry I have no idea of the chasis numbers.

I do know of a purple car, yes it is purple and it is a W-8. The car is owned by Ron Tonkin who is the owner of the Tonkin Dealerships in the State of Oregon, which is where I lived at the time. Anyway, he invested into Vector because I sold him on the idea (I doubt he would remember this) and the story goes that when the company became insolvant he sued and was able to seize a vehicle. The funny thing is that purple is his favorite color (he owns a purple Ferrari Dino) and when he went into the factory with his attorneys he saw a purple W-8 and took it. At least this is the inside story that I have heard from some insiders .I have sat in his car (unknown to him, hee hee) and it is quite nice. To give you more detail Ron Tonkin owns Tonkin Gran Turismo which is now the oldest Ferrari dealership in the US and from time to time you can see this purple W-8 in the service area which is where I got to sit in it. The only reason why I was able to do this is because I knew some of the service employees very well.

I can tell you that his service area has had some fairly major problems with the car, but I don't know if this is common. I can also tell you that I have seen two W-12's which was also at the Tonkin Ferrari dealership and folks, that car is a piece of crap. The fit and finish was practically like a kit car, and honest to God you can take the flat part of your fist, hit the side of the car just in front of the rear wheel and the damn thing rattles so I am sure if you drive on rough roads the car must give a headache in no time. That was the same on both the cars I saw. One was black and the other was silver (the W-12
s that is).

I lived in Southern California for 8 years and I saw a white W-8 in Laguna Beach parked on the side of the road just like a normal car. Honest to God, I swear no one really noticed, but than again Southern California can jade you because there are so many exotics down there. Actually Vegas isn't bad either!

Anyway, if any of you have questions please feel free to write. I love all exotics especially Ferrari and Aston Martins. Ciao!!!
vegaslush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 10:03 PM   #25
GT8
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to GT8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson
Does anyone have a real experience with Vectors? Does anyone know of someone who's dealt with Vector (the company or the car)? I'm looking for the REAL DEAL, not some bogus story about how your Playmate friend's boyfriend had two....
Do A search on GT8

The story you are looking for that is REAL!
GT8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 09:04 AM   #26
Vnlln
AF Newbie

I worked for the last version of the company in Green Cove Springs and drove the race car at it's last outing at Road Atlanta. I did quite a bit of travelling around the country looking at he cars for the factory and did the troubleshooting during the time I worked for them.
Vnlln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 03:15 PM   #27
firefoxussr
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to firefoxussr Send a message via MSN to firefoxussr

I just got back from Monterey CA for the Historic Races, Concourso Italiano, and Concours d'Elegance. As i was about to leave Concourso Italiano, I couldn't believe my eyes- the Avtech coupe prototype was driving away. I actually ran after it to get a picture only to find the driver was looking to park it. And who's driving it- Gerald Wiegert. I felt a little overwhelmed and didn't talk to him, but I overheard him saying he is working on another car! I did take a few pictures. Here's one with Wiegert. He's in the black shirt.
Lancia Scorpion (Montecarlo) #131
firefoxussr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 03:42 PM   #28
WX3
AF Newbie

I went to Crystal Cove in Newport on Saturday with a few buddies and low and behold Weigert showed up in the WX3! I snapped a bunch of pics, and he's a link to them: http://www.supercars.net/PitLane?vie...00468&bottom=0

My name on Supercars.net is Supercar Ace, so PM there if you have any questions (I hardly ever visit this site anymore do to a lack of activity in the forums I like to visit). Anyways, enjoy the pics!
WX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 02:36 PM   #29
C2Z06
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to C2Z06

Several questions...

1) Weren't Vectors the first cars to incorporate a carbon fiber body?
2) Weren't they the fast cars until the McLaren F1?
3) I haven't heard tael of them since the early 90's.
C2Z06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 03:46 AM   #30
WX3
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by C2Z06
Several questions...

1) Weren't Vectors the first cars to incorporate a carbon fiber body?
2) Weren't they the fast cars until the McLaren F1?
3) I haven't heard tael of them since the early 90's.
1) No, Haratio Pagani was the first to do that with the Lamborghini Countach Competition Concept, which was made entirely out of carbon fiber. The W8's a re made out of fiberglass and it only the WX3 Avtech has carbon fiber in it.

2) They where claimed to be capable of over 240 (the W8's) and the WX3 was claimed to be able to between 250-260mph. No official testing has been done to prove or disprove this.

3) Right after 1993, Vector was taken over by Megatech who then kicked Weigert out from the company. Weigert sued for the design rights and won, and has laid low. He is currently working on a new project, but we'll have to wait and see when he releases it.
WX3 is offline   Reply With Quote