Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Buying Q & A Ask a question, get an answer; it's that simple. Visit AutomotiveHelper.com for useful car buying tools and research. Also, check out Vehicle History Reports to help you avoid chances of finding a lemon.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 03:35 PM   #1
EhyBrah123
AF Newbie

Still havnt found the right one

hello, im still looking for a car and i have yet to find any that i have been interested in. im looking for a sporty coupe (some 4drs will do), under 100K miles, reliable, fast (mayb turboed from factory), and is easy to mod. if you have any ideas, PLEASE let me no.

the cars iv bin lookn at are the old eclipse (GST, GSX) n sum of the new GTS, 3000GTs, 300zx, SRT-4, WRX.

i no some of those cars arnt the cheapest but im still lookn at them. i hav a budget of around 10k.

thnx for any help you offer! trust me, it is greatly appriciated
EhyBrah123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 10:08 PM   #2
sickcallawayc12
AF Enthusiast

Re: Still havnt found the right one

I think the mileage asked may make this difficult, but assuming you can't find a 300ZX to suite your needs, look at Maximas. Most models from 3rd gen and on carry a 200+ horsepower V6 and the car itself is just about as good as a 300 ZX (except TT).

I believe Mitsubishi's are one of the worst for reliability, but I also believe they're the best looking of the Japanese brands and can be tuned/upgraded to see serious numbers. However, even with low miles, I probably would never own one as a DD.

You can get a WRX for that price nowadays, but definitely not for that mileage and wagons will probably be in better shape than sedans for that price.

I find it hard to believe that you can get a SRT 4 under 100k for 10 grand and still be running well or have a clean title.

I don't think you were interested in domestic products when you posted a while ago, but a Firebird/Trans Am or even a modded Grand Prix GTP may work too. After all, cheap, easy power is practically the definition of domestic.

Honda Prelude will work also. They're not all that quick in stock form though. As for mods, well, its a Honda. Enough said, right?

A Civic is by far one of the easiest vehicles to mod on Earth today. If you are considering this car, get an Integra instead as its the better of the two in stock form and being good stock seems important to you.
PIAA Super Plasmas GT-X bulbs
PIAA Xtreme White bulbs
K & N drop-in filter

"Melo" and "AI". Enough said.
sickcallawayc12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 11:50 PM   #3
silentscreams85
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to silentscreams85

$10k is a pretty good budget to work with. As far as the DSMs some have no problems some are expensive lawn ornaments =P The early SRT-4's might be going for like 11-12k or so. The 02 WRX would prolly run the same amount. I heard the 02 and 03 can have some tranny issues, especially if it was beat on. Have you considered the early 2000 VW GTI ? 1.8 turbo or a V6 should prolly be under or around 10k. and they take well to mods with some engine management. Also maybe look into the Nissan Sentra Spec. V. 2.5L plenty of torque. Brembo brakes in the front. pretty quick stock. theres lots of options available. patience is key when car shopping good luck

K&N Intake
TRD axleback exhaust
silentscreams85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 09:04 PM   #4
sickcallawayc12
AF Enthusiast

Most Subaru owners will say that Subaru trannies aren't weak really. They break because most people do not drive them properly. Its something along the lines of the tranny having to deal with the extra stress when the wheels try to spin but can't because of AWD.
PIAA Super Plasmas GT-X bulbs
PIAA Xtreme White bulbs
K & N drop-in filter

"Melo" and "AI". Enough said.
sickcallawayc12 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A