Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Buying Q & A Ask a question, get an answer; it's that simple. Visit AutomotiveHelper.com for useful car buying tools and research. Also, check out Vehicle History Reports to help you avoid chances of finding a lemon.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 11:30 AM   #1
chuckler3
AF Newbie

Lexus IS300 Q's

Anyone know of anything bad/good about these cars.. is 80k miles too much to be paying 10k for an 01 model. any information about these vehicles or any other RWD cars in its class would be greatly appreciated.
chuckler3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 09:58 AM   #2
mprhead5
AF Newbie

Re: Lexus IS300 Q's

I worked as a Tech at a lexus dealer. The only problem I know of with the IS 300 is that if you abuse the automatic tranny it will start shifting hard. This is caused only by abuse and will not be covered by any lexus dealer even if you get a car that still has a warrenty on it.

Other than that they are wonderfull cars. We used to say that the only thing that wore out on the old LS400 was the drivers seat. and The IS 300 is just as good. It even has the famus 2JZ engine
Old 11-01-2007, 11:46 PM   #3
myronl
AF Newbie

Re: Lexus IS300 Q's

I have a 2001 IS300. I swear I haven't abused it. I hardly ever use the touch shift - just the normal AT. However, it does tend to shift real hard sometimes. Jerky is the best way to describe it. 63K miles, bought the car new. Otherwise, it is a solid, fun car to drive.

If you are seriously looking, here are some actual prices of IS's to help you make your decision. These are actual prices paid, not estimates from KBB or Edmunds.

Link removed by Moderator - unauthorized advertising

Last edited by '97ventureowner; 11-02-2007 at 01:11 PM.
myronl is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A