Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Primera | G20 > General
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
General news, articles, other.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-25-2001, 01:25 PM   #16
AznVirus
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to AznVirus
im from orange county.
Old 07-25-2001, 02:35 PM   #17
dre
AF Enthusiast

hey, I had a thought (I know, I know..uh oh)
I wonder if one of the SoCal Infiniti dealerships could host us.
I know the local Triumph MC dealer has a monthly ride where everyone meets, and the dealer has coffee, soda, snacks etc for folks to snack on. (yeah, I'm thinking free food Hey maybe even free Infiniti merchandise..hats shirts etc)
Any dealerships lurking on this forum? Speak up!
Or, anyone know of this type of thing already going on?
dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2001, 01:47 AM   #18
AznVirus
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to AznVirus
thats really a good idea, if anyone would be willing to go to a nearby infiniti dealer and ask if they could hold some type of g20 meeting. well im only 16 so i dont think they would take me very seriously, so anyone up for a try?
Old 07-30-2001, 01:27 AM   #19
ty423
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to ty423
I don't think Infiniti gives a shit about us.....sorry thats what I think and thats why I hate going to dealer cuz they always bitch about what I did to the car...they say I messed up a luxury car...hahahha stupid fuckheads
ty423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2001, 03:35 AM   #20
G22DET
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to G22DET Send a message via AIM to G22DET
at least your dealer talks to you..hehhe, everytime i go to the dealer, they try to avoid my car cuz they think my car looks like shit..hahah...dark gray rims?? trying to be dirty? super stiff ride (thanks to my JIC coilver)...what, you like blown shocks???
stripped out interior???? where did all the leather go???
oh well, but my car looks newer than most of their "new" cars hehe..cuz i wash the sucker every chance i get and wax it like u wont believe heheh...proud to say that after all the track events that i do, i dont even have a dent or scratch on my car
but what does the dealer knw...hehhe

GDA Power!
G22DET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2001, 10:56 AM   #21
dre
AF Enthusiast

I get the same vibe from the dealer, well, actually I guess the service guy. The thing is when I was buying my car some guy came out and introduced himself as the fleet manager at the dealership. He asked me if I planned on doing stuff to it, and he told me about Stillen and Jim Wolf.
Since then I have asked about which mods will or will not be a problem with the warranty, and the service mgr says ANY mods are a problem, except for wheels n tires. WTF!!??
So, I am gonna take to a different dealer from now on.

On another note- I am trying to talk with Nissan North America. Their offices are in Torrance. Would be pretty cool if they had us come in, talk about the future of blah blah blah...free junk blah, admire the modded cars etc...
So, if any one knows any one working at NNA, maybe you could pull some strings.
This is probably a pipe dream, but cant hurt to try...:smoka:
Old 07-30-2001, 11:13 AM   #22
slickkedar
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by G22DET

oh well, but my car looks newer than most of their "new" cars hehe..cuz i wash the sucker every chance i get and wax it like u wont believe heheh...proud to say that after all the track events that i do, i dont even have a dent or scratch on my car
Damn dude.......the first week i got my car, i went to the mall with it, and i came back to find a tiny little dent that only the owner would see......bugs the hell out of me, tho! ANyways, what kind of wax do you use?? And, do you know how to get water spots out?? ANyways, yea, im interested in meeting......i live in Palm Springs, but im cool with driving a lil bit!
slickkedar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2001, 01:24 PM   #23
P10DET
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by dre
On another note- I am trying to talk with Nissan North America. Their offices are in Torrance. Would be pretty cool if they had us come in, talk about the future of blah blah blah...free junk blah, admire the modded cars etc...
So, if any one knows any one working at NNA, maybe you could pull some strings.
This is probably a pipe dream, but cant hurt to try...:smoka:
I know someone there.

I'm telling you guys, you should try to hook up with SERCA. We had a pre-production 2002 SE-R at our annual convention over Memorial Day weekend. We are beginning to get hooked up with Nissan. They are small, but meaningful steps.

If you want to keep it G20 only (I honestly don't know why you would), you will have to form a national organization and start putting on events. SERCA has taken 2 years to really get off the ground and we are only now able to get some recognition. Anyway, I'd rather see all of you join SERCA and get the benefits of that. The G20 is not the redheaded stepchild of the group. In fact, there has been a real increase in interest in the car among SE-R owners. I know of several SE-R owners who have picked up G20s for a variety of reasons.

I'm not trying to hard sell y'all, but I'd rather save you from duplicating the efforts of SERCA.

00 328i
91 SE-R (well modded)
84 944 SCCA ITS race car under construction

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and filled him with a great resolve"

-- Admiral Yamamoto, December 7, 1941
P10DET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2001, 03:32 PM   #24
dre
AF Enthusiast

George,
yeah, I should join SERCA. I should join a couple groups between my G20 and my Tbird, but I'm a first class procrastinator.
Maybe some day I'll join, then get in contact with the SoCal Region guy, then try to work at getting something together with NNA.

Until then, I don't know if you guys still want to have some kind of meet, and where to have it...
We should all just show up at some honda dealer one day.
Old 07-30-2001, 04:54 PM   #25
P10DET
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by dre
George,
yeah, I should join SERCA. I should join a couple groups between my G20 and my Tbird, but I'm a first class procrastinator.
Maybe some day I'll join, then get in contact with the SoCal Region guy, then try to work at getting something together with NNA.

Until then, I don't know if you guys still want to have some kind of meet, and where to have it...
We should all just show up at some honda dealer one day.
Phhftttt......

Do I know about procrastination!

Let me see if I can get you guys some info on what is coming up on SoCal SERCA's schedule. I know there is a track even (organized and run by SERCA) in mid October (I may even come out for it). I think they have a dyno day coming up. Those are the best for getting to know the SR20 crowd. They are a diverse and friendly group. We even have a few cool Honda guys that would rather hang with us than other Honda owners.

Anyway, virtually every car that Mike Kojima gets on the dyno goes away with more power than it came with.

I'll find an event day for you guys. They go to R&D Dyno in Gardena. I guarantee you will see some really wicked SR20s. There are a few G20 drivers in the group who are not on this forum as well.

00 328i
91 SE-R (well modded)

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and filled him with a great resolve"

Old 07-30-2001, 11:31 PM   #26
ty423
AF Enthusiast

hey p10det you have a G20 with det motor???? if so can you tell me alittle bit about it??? I am looking to buy a motor now instead of building my own turbo...can you help me out??? I'm gathering up money to buy a Pulsar motor...my friend found one but need $1400 to get it...complete motor with harness and ECU and air mass...
Old 07-30-2001, 11:43 PM   #27
G22DET
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to G22DET Send a message via AIM to G22DET
$1400 WITH ecu and harness is too good to be true, check the condition of the motor, the turbo and the mileage on it.. remember, in japan, it's very small so even with around 50KM (around 30K miles) it's considered a lot. again, i sell the motors for $1500 without ECU and harness and i am selling it at a fair market price, make sure what you are getting first.

GDA Power!
G22DET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2001, 11:52 PM   #28
ty423
AF Enthusiast

well I can get the motor even cheaper for around $1100 but thats not shipped...but the $1400 is already in the states and my friend is someone I can trust since he is a technical writer for turbo and import tuner....I will check it out of course before I buy
Old 07-31-2001, 12:28 AM   #29
graphXtrend.com
AF Newbie

Where do we meet?

Yo Guys! I'm in San Bernardino, CA. When and where do we meet? Email me at jdmprimera@yahoo.com Thanks
graphXtrend.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2001, 06:42 AM   #30
P10DET
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by ty423
well I can get the motor even cheaper for around $1100 but thats not shipped...but the $1400 is already in the states and my friend is someone I can trust since he is a technical writer for turbo and import tuner....I will check it out of course before I buy
I have to echo what Luke said. Beware. If that is really a Pulsar engine, that is a good bit less than half the market value of that engine.

Be sure the turbo checks out OK. More often than not the turbos on DETs need rebuilds.

If the turbo checks out, grab it. That's a good deal.

And yes, I have a P10 with a BB DET. If you look for the engine thread "Houston, we have ignition" you will see my list of mods.

00 328i
91 SE-R (well modded)

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Primera | G20 > General