Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Primera | G20 > General
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
General news, articles, other.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-21-2002, 05:30 PM   #16
slickkedar
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by igor@af
FYI: After Brian was banned last night, he came back, managed to register another entity, and sent identical/close to identical PMs about the new G20 message board to about 40 people.
People should have the option of something else if it is out there, and if it is going to get them the information they want. I'm glad i got an email from him telling me about it, cuz I'm not here to take sides, im here to get information on my car. And if his site can get me more information on what I want, I'm gonna go there.
slickkedar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2002, 05:34 PM   #17
igor@af
Your friendly AF Admin

Send a message via ICQ to igor@af Send a message via AIM to igor@af
It's something called SPAM
Old 03-21-2002, 05:48 PM   #18
primera man
"P-Man"

Send a message via AIM to primera man
Im at a loss for words that it has come to this. I had no idea that this was going on among the G20 threads apart from Brian's link about the new site starting on 1st April.

I think its good that G20 net will be finally up and running with info on our cars that is way overdue.

But why it has been done like this makes me wonder why it was done.
For 1 whole year the threads have been our main sourse of info and hooking up with other people, and Igor and AF have done a awesome job on this.

True the g20 threads are getting huge, but thats due to the endless amount of repeated question getting asked over and over about "Clearing lights, what springs to use, Eyebrows, will these rims fit etc etc" which IMO has stopped me coming here to G20 as i get sick of seeing them being asked. More time should be spent reading the threads.

I really see no reason to have a forum at G20 Net as its all hear(info etc) already. Igor is working on the problem's that we have had and AF is by far the best Automotive forum around.

Most people here dont look out side the G20 threads and see just what a huge place this is.

I must say im disappointed how this has happened

Current Build.....1/12 Scale Camaro......Almost finished!!!

View All My Models Here.
primera man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2002, 06:37 PM   #19
G20TurboVisionCrew
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to G20TurboVisionCrew Send a message via Yahoo to G20TurboVisionCrew
I see no problem in the new G20.net, i was actaully and still am excited that the new web site is being launched... But the way to lauch it was totally uncalled for, there could have been a million different ways to approach the problems, concerns and questions that Brain or others might have had...

And i'm not taking sides, cause i think it was false for igor to ban brian and others from AF... but thats just an opinion, that was probably the only choice that igor had because brian was supposedly taking members...

But how can we really say taking members? We can't, people have thier own decisions, no one can munipulate one another, unless it is approached in a way of munipulation(and if so why approach it in such a manner?)... It would have been alot better just posting up the website like it was done in the beginning, it honestly would have had the same effect in my opinion... and if anything, ask before you start sendin PM's to everyone... that sucks...

Honestly i was still going to register with g20.net even if no one asked me, it's still a web site that helps with our cars, and the same for AF, but it doesn't mean i'm going to leave either?! It's basically the same freggin' thing! And it's not like anyone is gonna die going to 2 websites for information...If you think about it, it's actually an advantage for everyone, if you can't find something that you wanna find out on one web site, go on the other and vise versa!

I know i'm not an OG in AF, and i don't know everyone personally, but it's saad to see everyone that got along so well go against each other...

We got a good thing going for the AF forum, and a good thing coming with g20.net... Now why let some differences totally rip everything apart?

I just hope both sides take alittle time to think, and in the end work out the differences... This dispute has left me amazed and disappointed....

Everyone is left in a F-up and disappointing situation.... Damn! why does something good always have to end up in DRAMA!?!?

Peace (Literally)
Mad Props to all the G's Out There!!!

Deal with the difficult while it is yet easy,
Deal with the great while it is yet small....
G20TurboVisionCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2002, 06:39 PM   #20
p_r_i_m_e_r_a
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to p_r_i_m_e_r_a
Talking

All I can say is I love my P10, and always will. IT COMES FIRST.
May the party with the most Nissan knowlege and best intentions win!

Last edited by G20TurboVisionCrew; 03-22-2002 at 02:55 AM.
p_r_i_m_e_r_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2002, 06:48 PM   #21
TIZAO
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to TIZAO
Quote:
Originally posted by p_r_i_m_e_r_a
All I can say is I love my P10, and always will. IT COMES FIRST.
May the party with the most Nissan knowlege and best intentions win!
WTF do you realize you just said something of no importance to this subject>!!! LOL! what were you thinkin! :alien: :licker: :smoka: :flash:
Tao"TIZAO"Le
PRIMERACING20
TIZAO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2002, 06:58 PM   #22
ViEt-G20
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to ViEt-G20
im actually glad that g20.net is up and running with a forums section of its own... AF.com has been very slow and ive been getting tired of it. i dont see why all of you guys are mad because g20.net is where pretty much everyone in the g20 family came from. not many people know about AF.com and the g20 section is pretty much the only section that has a lot of useful information and is getting this site HITS. why shouldnt g20.net have thier own forums?... all the g20 people heard about AF.com from there. so its whatever now... i guess with more competition, things get better.
ViEt-G20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2002, 07:04 PM   #23
TIZAO
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to TIZAO
People are mad because of the way it went down!:alien: :licker: :smoka:
Tao"TIZAO"Le
PRIMERACING20
TIZAO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2002, 07:35 PM   #24
G20TurboVisionCrew
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to G20TurboVisionCrew Send a message via Yahoo to G20TurboVisionCrew
Quote:
Originally posted by TIZAO
People are mad because of the way it went down!:alien: :licker: :smoka:
Exactly...
Mad Props to all the G's Out There!!!

Deal with the difficult while it is yet easy,
Deal with the great while it is yet small....
G20TurboVisionCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2002, 07:41 PM   #25
P10DET
AF Enthusiast

I sort of hate to contribute to this thread, but I'd like to add a bit of reason to all sides.

First of all, I will tell all of you right now that I've been asked to be a part of the staff at G20.net, so if you want to think I'm biased, go ahead. I'm not, but I thought in fairness y'all should know.

Second, Igor and I had a discussion of the situation and I will freely admit that I think it could have been handled better.

That said, I was asked for my opinion of creating a dedicated forum at G20.net and we discussed the issues that have been discussed here. I agreed it was a good idea for a number of reasons.

As for the secrecy, I would have kept it quiet until it was ready to fly, but not out of any malice (either intended or just perceived), but rather out of the fact I personally try to keep things quiet until they are ready to go.

As for "stealing" members, I would not personally categorize it as such. I don't know the intentions, nor all of the conversations that may have occured in the past. My personal reasons for contacting members would have been to simple make people aware of the new forum there. As for the intentions of others, I cannot comment since I don't know their intentions.

So, I don't want to pass judgement on anyone. I certainly don't want to draw a line in the sand and label folks "we" and "them."

My two cents.

00 328i
91 SE-R (well modded)
84 944 SCCA ITS race car under construction

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and filled him with a great resolve"

-- Admiral Yamamoto, December 7, 1941
P10DET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2002, 08:20 PM   #26
bump909

i think it's clear you all know how to make a big deal out of nothing. this is worse than a soap opera. what's done is done. blow your nose one more time and get on with your life. sheesh.
bump909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2002, 09:31 PM   #27
FlossinPrimera
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to FlossinPrimera Send a message via AIM to FlossinPrimera Send a message via Yahoo to FlossinPrimera
I guess that it is a good thing that I have been out of the loop for a few days, but I gather that there has been some very negative happenings. It has been my experience, with message boards, that it is very difficult to mass a loyal following. I also think that it was petty to leave in that manner, I also think that is was childish to not discuss this before it happend. No, I don't think that 99.9% of the people on the G20 forum on AF got there through G20.net. I also strongly believe that G20.net hasn't done anything for AF. Everything that was on G20.net could be found by searching the internet for 5 minutes. I hope that all you AFers agree with me. I also am willing to stand up and be a mod for the G20 forum.

Peace

K&N, Enkei Type 11 GML, JVC KD-SH55 Digifine, Pioneer Pear-mica components, 2 12" round things that bang and a 400W amp to make them bang. Coming soon: ACT clutch, new half-shafts, HKS superform springs, KYB AGX adjustable shocks, $tillen STB, 17" König Toxxins with Yokohama Parada Tires (P215/40R17).

http://gforces.streetracing.org/

"I wish Captian Archer was as much as a racial bigot as Captain Kirk"
-Burt Weed
FlossinPrimera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2002, 09:47 PM   #28
G2002
AF Enthusiast

Man i duno how old all you moderaters are, but please do something accordingly. Im 17 and i tell you i could have figured out a better way to handle this to bad i didnt know anything untill today. First off AF is cool i have gotten so much stuff not from G20's only but for evry other car I got 2, but secondly the only way I knew about it was throught G20.net. Neither side really should even bother. AF is still AF and always will be AF and if G20.net wants to try its hand at a fourm let them, there are tuns of fourms out there, to me it sounds more like a napster deal, who owns what and who's got rights to what. G20.net shouldnt advertise on here, thats like mcdonalds advertising the big mac inside buger king, but they didnt realy have to tell igor what they were doin. I know igor doesnt want them to advertise here and banned them but think about it Igor with all this that just went on, G20.net got so much advertising at your expense you know almost alll the people on here are gonna check it out at least once. Why not just burry the hatchet (as my dad would say) and leave it where it is, or work something out, cuase personally i would love to see a unity between the 2 becuase then we can unite all G20 lovers and have a hella information and isnt that what were all here for. Come on be friends people theres to much real hate in this world to worry about this stuff. Thanks and please dont kill me in the responses.
Old 03-21-2002, 10:20 PM   #29
igor@af
Your friendly AF Admin

Send a message via ICQ to igor@af Send a message via AIM to igor@af
When I first posted this topic, I knew very well the consequences that the g20 forum will get much exposure from it, and that many people will go visit it. I am not worried about their g20 forums getting traffic at all.

The reasons I posted what I did:
1) To show what really happened, because otherwise I am sure that Brian and them would make up some more lies [other than the current one, such as that I 'modified' the conversation log with Brian].
2) To display my concern with not the fact what happened [they started their own message board] but in what a dirty way it was done. Again, the fact that they wanted to start their own message board is not a problem with me whatsoever.

The reason Brian and Jason were banned:
I did not want them coming back here and spreading their propaganda that they are currently spreading on tgheir forum. Such as
Quote:
We're sorry the change came so dramatically and rapidly. We did not intend for things to work out this way. There could have been a transition period and/or compromise but due to the immature and unprofessional work ethic of AutmotiveForums.com and its administrator we were forced into an immediate change.
and
Quote:
It's an edited log of our conversation last night. Some of the stuff added in there is rather bizare.
Well, enough of all of this I've had too much fun with it, and am still smiling at how dishonest some people can be... simply ridiculous

BTW, notice that right now AF is much faster with 630 people online than G20.net with 20... so much for their great solution for problems..
Old 03-21-2002, 10:33 PM   #30
Primal SMX
AF Enthusiast

Honestly ... i will sign up at G20.net, but stay here as well. I dont know any of the parties personally but i presume all have helped me in the past. Like it has already been said, AF is AF and always will be AF just as G20.net will be there as well. I will use both. But it is real sad to see it go down this way, no matter who was at fault etc. AF has been and will be a real help and great place to come and has plenty of history to keep newbies informed, G20.net is the new place that we can visit and learn, not that it takes anything away from AF. Good luck to brian and co. and good luck also to AF as i'm going to use both to MY advantage.

No disrespect to anybody.
Just keep the good things going please!

Peace

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Primera | G20 > General