Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General > Exterior | Bodykits | Lighting | Aerodynamics
Exterior | Bodykits | Lighting | Aerodynamics Discuss different body kits, body work in general, and all types of exterior modifications.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-21-2004, 11:20 AM   #1
sunfire_starter
AF Regular

PlasmaGlow LED Lights Vs. StreetGlow LED Lights

I am finally starting to do some exterior/interior mods on my car and I want to put LED lights in my car and a underlight kit and some other misc. stuff with LED lights. Now I am stuck on which company to choose from.
I've never heard of Plasmaglow.com until a friend suggested it to me and I've known about Streetglow.com. I checked both of them out and they both seem to seem like good companies but can anyone that has either Plasma Glow or Street Glow in there car tell me if it is good or not. Street Glow is a little more but if it will last alot longer it is worth it.

The hardest thing to learn about cars is that they aren't that hard to learn.
Current Projects:
Finding the RPM Between Safety and Thrill

300-400 hp midrange '95 Honda Civic Rally Car.(Project starts in 6 months. Wish me luck . )
sunfire_starter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2004, 01:07 PM   #2
drdisque
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to drdisque
Re: PlasmaGlow LED Lights Vs. StreetGlow LED Lights

don't get underbody lights, they look tacky and they're illegal
2011 Mazda2 Touring

Past cars:
2007 Mazda 6S 5-door MT
1999 Ford Taurus SE Duratec
drdisque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2004, 07:18 PM   #3
sunfire_starter
AF Regular

I don't think there so tacky. besides I have a couple hundred dollars to put into my car after a get my engine mods put in. Underlight is the last thing on my check list I just think it is just something that is a nice accent to a car. AS for the legallity of it in PA you can have it when your in Park it is just a little showcasing a seem to do alot of because a just love my car. it is just something i think looks cool but if i would ever put that on an old mustang for somethin i think i would shoot myself

The hardest thing to learn about cars is that they aren't that hard to learn.
Current Projects:
Finding the RPM Between Safety and Thrill

300-400 hp midrange '95 Honda Civic Rally Car.(Project starts in 6 months. Wish me luck . )
sunfire_starter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 12:52 PM   #4
EmTea
AF Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to EmTea
Well I you still want to wire those LEDs I'd suggest LSDiodes for the LEDs, wires, and resistors. They are the best for the money. Also a good tutorial on wireing resitors can be found here. If you are not familer with wireing and what not here's a simple brake down on useing the calculator.
Supply Voltage- How much volts are going to the LED. So that would be 12V if you're running from a 12V source, 5V from a 5v source, and so on.

Voltage Drop Across LED- That is the required volts the LED needs. Most LEDs from LSDiodes are 3.3-3.6 depending on the LED (on LSDiodes site, click on the product for more info).

Desired LED Current- This is the milliamps that the LED puts out. That # ranges from 20-80 on LEDs from LSDiodes. That info can be found on the product info sheet.

Hope this helps! Good Luck

EmTea
EmTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 11:30 PM   #5
Civic_D16Y5
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Civic_D16Y5
Re: Re: PlasmaGlow LED Lights Vs. StreetGlow LED Lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdisque
don't get underbody lights, they look tacky and they're illegal
only illegal if u can see the bulbs from normal driving height and if they are visible from 100 ft away
Old 01-11-2005, 12:12 AM   #6
xyfalconsrock
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to xyfalconsrock

Put the money into more engine mods, or interior upgrades.
Old 07-29-2005, 11:16 AM   #7
deadline665
AF Newbie

Go with the Plasmaglow LED's. I bought the SG kit originally and wasn't too happy with the kit cause I saw a lot of dots underneath my car. I ended up buying the PG kit later and I am much happier with it. It's brighter and has a lot more options. I added some interior tubes to the same system and it has a remote control. I had to buy the remote control separately, but it was worth it. Very cool kit.
deadline665 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General > Exterior | Bodykits | Lighting | Aerodynamics