Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Primera | G20 > General
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
General news, articles, other.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-10-2002, 10:21 PM   #16
nis.k.a.
AF Enthusiast

I'm hooked on turns now. I've almost mastered my heel and toe (on stock pedals).
Old 01-10-2002, 10:46 PM   #17
Fabius
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to Fabius
so what you guys are basically telling me G20 are more or less show cars because they are to heavy...

love me rice on plate not on cars!!

stock so far... sad isnt it
Fabius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2002, 10:51 PM   #18
p_r_i_m_e_r_a
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to p_r_i_m_e_r_a
Quote:
Originally posted by Fabius
so what you guys are basically telling me G20 are more or less
show cars because they are to heavy...
Thats not at all true......some people just dont work at making
HP available
p_r_i_m_e_r_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2002, 10:51 PM   #19
JustinP10
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to JustinP10 Send a message via AIM to JustinP10 Send a message via Yahoo to JustinP10
Mine's not a show car by any means! Hell, my car looks stock!
143.7whp and 131.4 ft.lbs
Primera (10:1) Intake Cam, HS CAI, HS Header, UR Pullies, 19* Timing, ACT, Lightened Stock Flywheel, GC/AGX, Pacesetter Short Shifter, and more stuff...
JustinP10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2002, 12:00 AM   #20
nis.k.a.
AF Enthusiast

Hell no it's not just a show car.
Old 01-11-2002, 12:51 AM   #21
wta
AF Newbie

I can beat my friends subaru legacy 2 litre non turbo and a toyota corolla fxgt. my cars a stock p10 2 litre. all cars were manual
wta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2002, 01:38 AM   #22
G22DET
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to G22DET Send a message via AIM to G22DET
i have to agree with P10DET on this one...street racing proves nothing about the ability of the products you put on the car.
i think i have posted a "story" about me vs. a turboed GS300 on the Streets of Willow track...do a little digging and you should be able to find it.

GDA Power!
G22DET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2002, 07:35 AM   #23
G-Forces
Banned

Quote:
so what you guys are basically telling me G20 are more or less show cars because they are to heavy...
HA! The suspenion alone makes the G20 one of the best handeling FF car in the world.

Is the M5, Viper or Vette a show car because they are a little heavy? The G20 is a little underpowered. However because of the motor Infiniti put in it there are solutions. Lot's of solutions, and good ones too. Just check around.

Looks like you have a P10 which is not as heavy as a P11 so they have a bit better performance. A full bolt-on P10 would be a sweet ride.
G-Forces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2002, 08:48 AM   #24
Mrcoilover
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
I'm saying this...The G20 handles great and looks great. But, bolt ons aren't going to be enough to get REAL POWER. If you want a fast G20, get a turbo or NOS. That's all I'm saying. Put it like this. P11's only have 13 more hp and around 15lbs of torque than a Civic EX. Yes we have more hp and trq, but we also weigh at least 500 more lbs than a civic.
Tein type NA (1.7)
Nokya Arctic purple headlight bulbs
Rims coming soon...

"I always ride dropped, how bout you?":finger4:
Mrcoilover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2002, 09:03 AM   #25
Mrcoilover
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by JustinP10
I've beaten turbo eclipses, Jetta VR6's, Mustang Gt's, etc...
I really am not trying to hate:smoka: , but I doubt you can beat any of those cars . Your not getting a Mustang GT without a turboed G20, sorry. I'm not too sure about the VR6 , but I doubt your beating a turbo eclipse(GST) also. Just my opinion, but I know these cars are quite fast even in stock form. A GST can put down 165 whp and 185 lbs of torque to the ground. You only have 146 whp. Unless all these cars were poorly driven. Sorry if I'm coming off a little blunt and negative, but I have to express myself and facts are facts.
Tein type NA (1.7)
Rims coming soon...

Old 01-11-2002, 09:05 AM   #26
gdalton
AF Regular

I would have to say that the G is not made to go against other cars in the 1/4 but like G-forces said if you want to do that then get an american V8 not a G. Our cars realy shine when the road gets twisty. I race my car at local Auto-x's and I can say that my car handles as good and sometimes better then some of these guys who have put a couple of grand in suspension mods. At the last race I placed second in my class and that was on my original re92 stock tires and the guy who beat me was in a Neon with r compound racing tires. Now he beat me by about 3-4 seconds and that is a huge difference on a little auto-x course but then again it was only my second race so I still suck at driving and we all know that re92's realy suck when pushed hard, my time was still good enough to get me 2nd place. All and all I would say my little car put on a good show and I was happy with how composed it was when pushed realy hard.

“Somebody kicked my dog Mavis and I’m going to find out just who the hell it was. I’m all messed up on cough syrup right now so just like nevermind.”
gdalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2002, 09:22 AM   #27
Mrcoilover
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by G-Forces
Whoever say the G20 shouldn't be raced is just plain out of it.
I said something LIKE that. But I didn't say it shouldn't be raced. But you know I'm right when I say "You need bolt-on's just to compete with your average Honda owner.

Quote:
Originally posted by G-Forces
Just ask Luke and see what he says. BTW I'm talking about track racing, not 1/4. If you want to go fast in a line get a Mustank or something.
Yeah, Luke also has a turbo soooo....
That is why everyone in here wants to go turbo. If the G20 had enough stock HP, I would bet you that there would be a lot less turbo wanna B's in here, hands down. I am a turbo wanna B also. I'm not bashing the G20... I do own one. I am just expressing my opinion. I love my G20, it's just VERY underpowered.
Tein type NA (1.7)
Rims coming soon...

Old 01-11-2002, 09:48 AM   #28
v_knot
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to v_knot
I personally don't like to street race. My impression is that everytime I drive my G20 to a red light, I always feel the pressure that the guy next to me or behind me wants a street race. Sadly but truely enough, the G20 prevails the impression of a street race car but it is not built for a street race car. I often avoid by minding my own business.

But there were a couple of occasions where I took it out for a fun. One time I couldn't resisted by the retaliation of the next lane neighbour. I came to a red light didn't know what car was beside me....just accelerate as I normally do, a little bit aggressive I must say, the guy next to me thought I took on the challenge and off we went. Of course the game began in the midst of the acceleration. I was leading by a door length up until a van in front of me was going at 10 kph! Mind you this was only my 4th week into driving standard. Came to realize it was a Honda Accord V6, 96 model - automatic.

The other one, well I didn't consider it was a race, but this one Cavalier Z24 wanted a match. I didn't realize until half way into the acceleration. He got a head start into the green light and accelerates aggressively ahead of me. If I anticipated the race I would have a good chance of whipping his a** but I didn't.....needless to say, he did well.
Tinted (20%); Momo Cobra Shift Knob w/ Boot; RAZO Titanium Stainless Alloy Pedals; PIAA Super White Bulbs (#15660); PIAA Platinium Super White Clearance Bulbs (#19169); PIAA Ion Crystal Bulbs (#13555); Clear Repeaters; "Primera" badge; "GT" badge; Q45 Infiniti emblem; Red G2 Brake Calipers Paint.
v_knot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2002, 09:58 AM   #29
RCer
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by Mrcoilover

Yeah, Luke also has a turbo soooo....
That is why everyone in here wants to go turbo. If the G20 had enough stock HP, I would bet you that there would be a lot less turbo wanna B's in here, hands down. I am a turbo wanna B also. I'm not bashing the G20... I do own one. I am just expressing my opinion. I love my G20, it's just VERY underpowered.
Mrcoil, Luke put the DET in his car a few months ago. He has been racing it since long time before the DET, and he could answer that by himself. I have seem a pic and read of him beating a M3 on the track, not on power but on the curves.

For what I see, there is a big big diference between the G20 (a luxury car) and the Primera (mine is a GX (MT), no ABS, no Airbags, no luxury). I can tell you for sure, there is no civic, lancer, even Accords (not VTEC) that can accelerate with my car. I have beaten acuras, not mentioning that most of the civic-acura guys are just drag race oriented, so they don't know how to take a turn. I just laught at them.
But going back to the SER20 beeing underpowered for our cars, My primera is a fast one (I just have header, pipe and K&N filter on the original box).
Why we all want turbo? Because for getting to 190HP or even more, is the only way to go. A NA ser20 will be very dificult to get there ($$$$).
Will it be nice to get more power stock? hell yeah, but what we have now, is not thaaaaaaat slow. I know is not the slower on the 2.0 range.

I hope this not flame you, not my intention.:sun:
RCer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2002, 10:12 AM   #30
Mrcoilover
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by RCer

Mrcoil, hope this not flame you, not my intention.:sun:
Its all gravy.
Tein type NA (1.7)
Rims coming soon...