Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Primera | G20 > General
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
General news, articles, other.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-27-2001, 11:37 PM   #121
TRBOBRK
AF Enthusiast

Bulbs for heater control

Quote:
Originally posted by TRBOBRK
I changed the bulbs in the heater control so it is red, ala VW style.
Quote:
Originally posted by esco's20
im wondering how you changed your bulbs in your heater control panel.? any suggestion would help.and do you know if you can change the bulbs for the gauges.
If you don't have a service manual, get one. It makes everything easier. To get to the bulbs it took a long time beacuse I had to take the entire lower panels of the dash apart. Go slow and be careful not to scrach the panels with screw driver. Once you get to the heater control you twist the bulbs out. I dipped them in transparant red paint I got at the hobby store. If I were to do it agian I would look into getting LEDs. Anyway then put everything back together agian. I don't know about the guages. I want to do them too but I haven't had time.
Old 11-27-2001, 11:42 PM   #122
TRBOBRK
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by TIZAO
Ok went to the shop they said they can do it for like 27 maybe 25 so how many do we need...or can someone get them cheaper? :alien: :licker: :smoka:
$25-27 for what exactly? Are we talking about windsheild size or small for the windows that don't roll down.

If it is for...
...the windshield I think it is a good price, but I don't want one.

...the side windows it is too much beacuse I would want two. $50 is too much for a couple little stickers.
Old 11-27-2001, 11:49 PM   #123
TIZAO
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to TIZAO
Quote:

$25-27 for what exactly? Are we talking about windsheild size or small for the windows that don't roll down.

If it is for...
...the windshield I think it is a good price, but I don't want one.

...the side windows it is too much beacuse I would want two. $50 is too much for a couple little stickers.
This is for the windshield......and why dont you want it on yours? Isn't everyone else getting one? It would look really good.....but on the little windows.....It wouldn't unless you had that on too....but I think we all need to have the one on the windshild.:alien: :licker: :smoka:
Tao"TIZAO"Le
PRIMERACING20
TIZAO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2001, 11:55 PM   #124
TRBOBRK
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
and why dont you want it on yours?
Right now it would be too ricey... I perfectly stock car with a big sticker on the windsheild that has the word racing in it. I don't think so. After the body kit and wheels then it would look okay.
Old 11-28-2001, 01:07 AM   #125
TIZAO
AF Enthusiast

Quote:

Right now it would be too ricey... I perfectly stock car with a big sticker on the windsheild that has the word racing in it. I don't think so. After the body kit and wheels then it would look okay.
Ricey?......yea I guess.....but I have to buy a lot at once......it's not too bad, cuz you can say your in a club......but for real.....this banner looks good even on a stock car.:alien: :licker: :smoka:
Tao"TIZAO"Le
PRIMERACING20
Old 11-28-2001, 09:55 AM   #126
G20Rob3
AF Enthusiast

I think it's time to think about what we all want again. It looks like we all have different views on what's going to look good on our cars and what doesn't (take stickers for example). We need to leave the decision up to the car owner. I would hate to be in a club where we were forced to "have this" or forced to "have that". It's all about being positive and promoting our cars/industry. Since we all have different ideas on what we want our cars to look like, we're not all going to agree all the time. I think we need to respect that...that's part of the whole "club" atmosphere. Myself, I'm going for the European touring look (a la BTCC). I want a clean yet performance oriented look, not a stickered-out racing rocket. Others may want to stay more stock looking. While others may want to pimp out their rides with wings and air dams and NOS and stickers. It doesn't matter, as long as were all working toward a common goal or promoting our club and Infiniti/Nissan. Diversity is goooooooooooood.
Old 11-28-2001, 01:54 PM   #127
TIZAO
AF Enthusiast

Ok ok ok........I realize that not everyone will be the same.....and that's good.....BUT we do need to have some way of identifying eachother.....if not....then why have a club? Why not just try to get to gether? See what I am saying.....we need some way of looking the same.....but yet different from others....I hope you understand what I am saying.......:alien: :licker: :smoka:
Tao"TIZAO"Le
PRIMERACING20
Old 11-28-2001, 02:03 PM   #128
G20Rob3
AF Enthusiast

I understand what you are saying. Here's an idea, since we've already decided on the final look of the sticker, why don't we have some big one's made for those who want big stickers on their winshields, and some small one's made for those who want small vanity window stickers. I mean , technically, they'll all look the same-just the size will be different. I'm pretty sure that we will be able to recognize each other. It's either that, or...we can have like two clubs! One for big stickers and one for small ones!<jk>
Old 11-28-2001, 02:07 PM   #129
TIZAO
AF Enthusiast

Well how many of each do we need? And the guy said he could help us if we want to go to shows and ish....But he said he can only hook us up....if we are later business too.
Tao"TIZAO"Le
PRIMERACING20
Old 11-28-2001, 03:45 PM   #130
nis.k.a.
AF Enthusiast

I think Rob hit it on the nose. Let's do both stickers. Let's at least designate that the big one goes on the windsheild, and the little one goes on the rear vanity window. I'll probably go to the shop down the street and compare prices later this week.
Old 11-28-2001, 04:01 PM   #131
TRBOBRK
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
BUT we do need to have some way of identifying eachother.
If you can't read a sticker that is on the rear side window you shouldn't be driving or maybe I should pass you slower. :hehehe:
I think everbody should have two small stickers. One on either side rear side window that doesn't roll down. If you want a big windsheild sticker that is up to you.

Quote:
But he said he can only hook us up....if we are later business too.
As for the sticker shop, tell them I currently don't have any experiance in dealing with any of them but consumer loyalty is important to me. If they put out a good product I will return to that shop even if the prices are cheaper elsewhere.
Old 11-28-2001, 04:21 PM   #132
TIZAO
AF Enthusiast

Quote:

As for the sticker shop, tell them I currently don't have any experiance in dealing with any of them but consumer loyalty is important to me. If they put out a good product I will return to that shop even if the prices are cheaper elsewhere.
Well I can tell you that they have good prices and good products.....for us stock guys...we should definately go through them......I will be our represnitive since I live closest to them.......I like the idea of on the small windows and windshield.....but I bet someone is going to say something about being stickered up and being ricy and ish.........:alien: :licker: :smoka:
Tao"TIZAO"Le
PRIMERACING20
Old 11-29-2001, 12:25 AM   #133
G20Rob3
AF Enthusiast

Just for kicks, I made phone call to my girl Julie at Fast Signs near Southcenter. Keep in mind, I said we wanted "about 10" window decals. I asked for a price quote for 10 full-winshield and a quote for 10 8"x2" (approx. size). $18 for the winshield, $6 for the small ones. That's pretty good to me. Given, she hasn't seen the design. If I went in person, and turned on the charm, she may go lower....who knows... The color scheme is basically black and white (or shades thereof), and the font is easy to match. If anyone can find a better price than that, let me know.

Also, I was in shopping between Redmond and Bellevue tonight (buying some ski stuff), and I saw a black P10 on I-405. It was modded a bit (lowered & stuff). None of you guys drive a lowered black P10 do you?
Old 11-29-2001, 01:30 AM   #134
TRBOBRK
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by G20Rob3
None of you guys drive a lowered black P10 do you?
TRBOBRK - silver p10
TIZAO - white p10
G20Rob3 - black p11
Nis.k.a - black p10 <-- could have been nis.k.a.
Old 11-29-2001, 02:02 AM   #135
nis.k.a.
AF Enthusiast

It was me.....J/K I was at work Should've ran him down. Chances are next time you do see a lowered black P10, it will be me, I'm always in the Eastside. Of course, you will be able to identify me by my sticker! The little one sounds good; actually better than I can get. Do your thing, I promise I won't tell the old lady! HEHEHEHEHE

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Primera | G20 > General