Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > C/K
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-08-2009, 11:53 AM   #1
kc9dre
AF Newbie

98 C1500 Possible EVO issue?

Ok I have read about the sensor that installs in the cab. But my issue is different than everyone elses and I think it may be on the PS Pump itself. We had an ice storm here a month ago and my wife got the truck stuck, So I went to rock the truck out of being stuck. In the process of doing this I had some wheel spin and I turned the streering wheel to to change the direction that the truck was moving in. and now I have NO POWER ASSIST at LOW speed. if the Fluid is cold it works once it warms up it gets tough again where you have to be moving to turn the wheels. Is it the pump itself? Is it the Variable Orfice solinoid? And I went to the dealer then they tell me the EVO solinoid has been discontinued... So what now? I we going to just bypass the damn EVO but I dunno. Can I just take the EVO Solinoid out and put a hose fron a 1996 on there and it be happy? Or do I have to replace the pump? Take out the EVO and cap the hole? (Leaveing the EVO attached to harness.) Lookin at the Pump though it looks different, but no one stocks the pump with the EVO Solinoid on it. so If mine is broke where do I get one at? Yes I know salvage yard diving but how long will that part last if I can find one?

Now the symptom I was feeling before was the pump had a slight whine to it, not a loud one but I knew it was there.

I love my truck other than not being able to park it easily... can;t always find a pull through parking space. LOL

david
kc9dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 08:43 PM   #2
777stickman
AF Enthusiast

Re: 98 C1500 Possible EVO issue?

David: No you can't just take the EVO solenoid out and put a different hose on it as the solenoid does not have a hose on it, only wires.

From your post I would suggest replacing the pump, and if you try harder you should be able to replace it with the EVO system. If not, then just just replace it with a non evo pump and tape the EVO wiring connector back out of harms way.

Good luck...........
1999 K2500 Old Body Style Suburban (Gone but not forgotten)
05 Dodge Ram 3500/5.9 Cummins
2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser
777stickman is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
evo solinoid
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > C/K