Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Charger R/T | Charger SRT8
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-20-2016, 09:36 AM   #1
Rzapata7022
AF Newbie

Exclamation Problems with a charger 2.7 2006

Hello guys i really need some help here i really dont know what the problem is...

About a week ago my wife took the car to work...when she got out she tried to turn the car on but it wouldnt...it would try to turn on and after a while it eventually turned on...the car would stall bad and the rpm wouldnt go past 2000....she made it back home safe.....

The next day o checked the car....it had 3 lights on which are the check engine, the throttle bolt light and the traction light. Reading some forums i came to the conclusion that it was a speed sensor on the transmission which i changed, but the car still didnt work.

Codes are p0335, p0642, and p2122.

Then i was told by the mechanic that it was the throttle body that was causing the problem.

The car as of right now, struggles to turn on but eventually it does turn on....rpm idles at 1500, engine light on, throttle bolt light on, traction light on. When the car is on i press the accelerator all the way down but the rpm wont go past 2000. It cuts at exactly 2000 rpm. Car doesnt respond to me pressing on pedal. It wont accelerate at all.

Parts ive changed are the spark plugs, the speed sensor input on the transmission, and the throttle body. And the car continues with the problem.

Now since i changed some parts i was told that i needed to reset the car but i dont know how to do it.

I really need help guys

Last edited by Rzapata7022; 09-20-2016 at 09:38 AM. Reason: Put codes in
Rzapata7022 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Charger R/T | Charger SRT8