Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Buying Q & A Ask a question, get an answer; it's that simple. Visit AutomotiveHelper.com for useful car buying tools and research. Also, check out Vehicle History Reports to help you avoid chances of finding a lemon.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 07:58 AM   #16
akboss
AF Regular

Re: SRT4 is it worth it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RT Jam View Post
A cheap fun car mostly bought by young male. Hmm, guess why it depreciates.

Do not compare this to other normal commuters. Yes a turbocharged front wheel drive car built on an economy car platform will depreciate faster than a expensive small car meant to be boring and drive to work.
Honda Civic SI holds its value very well, as does a VW GTI, and they both fit in the same product category as the SRT-4. It depends how much you want to pay - Dodge offers cheap thrills, others have a better approach but cost more and hold value.
akboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 12:20 PM   #17
bahadur
AF Newbie

I have a red 2006 dodge srt4. It is never easy to manage it. Mostly i encounter mechanical problems. mostly front cv axle, mysterious boost leaks, TPS sensors going bad and the wiring to them, suspension issues and alot of other things. It is ok on low speed but above 80 Km give me problems. srt 4 is cheap one way but expensive the other.
Car Break Down Cover
bahadur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 10:50 PM   #18
Shpuker
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by akboss View Post
Honda Civic SI holds its value very well, as does a VW GTI, and they both fit in the same product category as the SRT-4. It depends how much you want to pay - Dodge offers cheap thrills, others have a better approach but cost more and hold value.
GTI > SRT > SI

but, Golf TDI > GTI

Quote:
Your quote here!!!
Shpuker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 07:38 AM   #19
akboss
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shpuker View Post
GTI > SRT > SI

but, Golf TDI > GTI
Really, TDI over GTI? I guess...depends what you're looking for, both are great cars. The TDI isn't really 'fun' though.
Old 02-02-2010, 06:09 PM   #20
RahX
AF Enthusiast

It is all in how you define fun. If fun=TDI + 45mpg or fun=GTI + 15ish 1/4 car
RahX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 08:30 PM   #21
Shpuker
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Really, TDI over GTI? I guess...depends what you're looking for, both are great cars. The TDI isn't really 'fun' though.
GTI is funner but the TDI gets way better mileage lol, I just changed my mind, screw fuel mileage GTI >/= TDI. depends lol

Quote:
Your quote here!!!
Old 02-03-2010, 09:36 PM   #22
300zxMaster1
AF Newbie

for that money you might as well get a s2k... its a little bit more expensive but its better
300zxMaster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 07:51 AM   #23
akboss
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shpuker View Post
GTI is funner but the TDI gets way better mileage lol, I just changed my mind, screw fuel mileage GTI >/= TDI. depends lol
'funner'? I'm pretty sure you've been caught bashing grammar on here a few times, and 'funner' isn't a word....lol, you can thank me later - when you go for that interview on the job you really want, you'll say "hey, that jerk on that car forum saved me a kick in the pants from my possible future boss"....

Oh, and the diesel has mounds of torque but doesn't revv - that's why it isn't as much fun. The 2.0T loves to power up through the gears and still has enough torque to pull from the low revs, building in a linear power band. The diesel has a mountain of torque from like 0, but as it builds revvs the engine runs out of gusto at the top. So yes, GTI is more fun.
Old 02-04-2010, 09:52 AM   #24
drunken monkey
Razor Sharp Twit

The GT TDi 140 (if that's the one you're talking about) is marginally cheaper than the proper GTi, it does have better fuel comsumption figures but it also loses more than a second on the 0-60 run.

The short of it is like this; the GT TDi is for those who like tho think they've got a GTi that gets better fuel consumption.
The reality it, while it does have better fuel consumption, it doesn't drive better, nor is it as quick and to top it all off, it isn't that much cheaper than a GTi either.

Of course, if you can't stomach the fuel costs for a GTi then well, can you afford a GTi then?

Read them.

Currently in the process of re-hosting my photos.
If any go missing, drop me a PM.
drunken monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 12:32 AM   #25
Shpuker
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
'funner'? I'm pretty sure you've been caught bashing grammar on here a few times, and 'funner' isn't a word....lol, you can thank me later - when you go for that interview on the job you really want, you'll say "hey, that jerk on that car forum saved me a kick in the pants from my possible future boss"....

Oh, and the diesel has mounds of torque but doesn't revv - that's why it isn't as much fun. The 2.0T loves to power up through the gears and still has enough torque to pull from the low revs, building in a linear power band. The diesel has a mountain of torque from like 0, but as it builds revvs the engine runs out of gusto at the top. So yes, GTI is more fun.
Meh, my spelling errors come from a bein to lazy to type out what it should be. (more fun, just isn't fun to type )

Quote:
Your quote here!!!
Old 03-24-2013, 10:17 AM   #26
dodgeman69
AF Newbie

Sure this an old thread. Really old. But I had to comment on the ridiculous comments especially regarding reliability. Since I bought this car new I have driven now 57000 miles. I did have a synchro problem and those parts were replaced under warranty. It was my fault, missed shift at full throttle. Also turbo was replaced, under warranty, because of blow off valve not seating. Chrysler replaced entire assembly, turbo and all! Had a strut go bad because chrome plating was done wrong and rusting on the rod broke/cut the seals. Bought the car in November 2003. Now it is almost April 2013. Car has 57000 miles and I have otherwise bought tires. A rad cap. Windshield wipers. That's all. Typically don't push the car except at the stop lights or long highways. If I am at front on lights it gets full throttle uplifts nearly every time. That's foot to floor, and shifting without lifting. Nothing broken yet. Can tell you that driving to the rev limiter in 5th gear is also done on highways. That's where you can feel air getting under the car.
Can that Honda do that? Is it this reliable over this time period? Do people still think it drives like a new car? Do people ask to buy the car from you in parking lots? Just checked the value online and it is at $10,500. How much resale did that other car get today? Guess time has told the story
dodgeman69 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A