Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive News Desk
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-11-2004, 05:42 PM   #1
chevys
AF Newbie

Exclamation chevy S10 droping 350 in need some help !

hey! i have a 86 chevy S10 and i'm going to drop a 350 in it and i was needing some info on it ! help me out plz
chevys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 12:12 AM   #2
fuzzypuppy
AF Regular

Re: chevy S10 droping 350 in need some help !

Aaahhh, brings me back to the days of dropping a small block into a vega.
Anyways, to do the swap your thinking of, unless you have a pretty good amount of automotive knowledge you will need lots of help, there are alot of 'if's' that go along with your idea.
Yes it's very do,able, but ! not alway's advisable.
Like, if the s10 previously had a 4 banger in it you MUST ungrade brake's, the small brake's that came with the truck wont be able to handle the extra weight of the v8, yea it's great to go fast, but for the rest of the public out there we would like you to be able to stop all that hp. not only that your front suspention would probubly need to be much stiffer, etc, etc. fortunatly there are kit's available for all the mod's needed to do the swap your thinking of. jegg's, summit. any speed shop should be able to get you started.
I speak from experience, as a younger man my buddy's and I would do all sorts of swaps and turned out some wild ride's, but many were death trap's. the 327 in the vega went through a fence at the end of a deserted road when we figured out the stock brakes would'nt stop the beast when doing about 120 mph. Or the case of the broken pinto that we stuck a 351 in, it basicly broke in half during the test drive at about 90 mph, Crazy larry said it was one hell of a ride. none of us were seriously injured, but by all rights we shoulda been, and my strongest advise is research your project completely, or some bystander or yourself may pay the price. but also dont give up either, if done right you'll have a hellova lot of fun.
fuzzypuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 03:34 AM   #3
madmorgs
AF Newbie

Re: Re: chevy S10 droping 350 in need some help !

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzypuppy
Aaahhh, brings me back to the days of dropping a small block into a vega.
Anyways, to do the swap your thinking of, unless you have a pretty good amount of automotive knowledge you will need lots of help, there are alot of 'if's' that go along with your idea.
Yes it's very do,able, but ! not alway's advisable.
Like, if the s10 previously had a 4 banger in it you MUST ungrade brake's, the small brake's that came with the truck wont be able to handle the extra weight of the v8, yea it's great to go fast, but for the rest of the public out there we would like you to be able to stop all that hp. not only that your front suspention would probubly need to be much stiffer, etc, etc. fortunatly there are kit's available for all the mod's needed to do the swap your thinking of. jegg's, summit. any speed shop should be able to get you started.
I speak from experience, as a younger man my buddy's and I would do all sorts of swaps and turned out some wild ride's, but many were death trap's. the 327 in the vega went through a fence at the end of a deserted road when we figured out the stock brakes would'nt stop the beast when doing about 120 mph. Or the case of the broken pinto that we stuck a 351 in, it basicly broke in half during the test drive at about 90 mph, Crazy larry said it was one hell of a ride. none of us were seriously injured, but by all rights we shoulda been, and my strongest advise is research your project completely, or some bystander or yourself may pay the price. but also dont give up either, if done right you'll have a hellova lot of fun.
Madmorgs here I put a 350 4 bolt in mine and it was a newer s-10 4.3.the 350 will bolt up to the trannyso you don't have to make many change's there, but the linkto the coulmn will hit the manafold you have to do some work their and the body will need to have two hockey puck's on each mount so it will fit and the radi. fan need's to be replaced with an electric on the out side of the radiator. and then it will dam near pop up the wheels off the ground you will like it !!!!!! my 350 I got out of a chevy van extra long van. good luck and be safe >>>> madmorgs
madmorgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 03:40 AM   #4
madmorgs
AF Newbie

1993 4.3L s-10 350 4 bolt

it will be fun becarefull with the tranny if you have too much horse power it will chew it up after a little while. after three years it is starting to nock a little. ps let me know how it came out .
madmorgs is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive News Desk