Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > C/K
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-26-2018, 11:11 AM   #1
fast68chevy
AF Newbie

1988 TBI injector feed positive wires red and white

the 12v positive feed wires from ECM B fuse pink wire 10 amp. i just acquired a 1988 C1500 L03 700r4 and the PO chopped these two wires out of the EC harness at near the ECM over on pass side in dash and ran them to a hot wire, i want to reutrn them to correct stock. these wires dont run to the ECM correct? only the green and blue neg controlled pulse signal injector wires do run to the ECM, AFAIK? for some reaosn i cannot for the life of me locate the fuse feed ends of the red and white injector wires where the PO cut them, they woul dbe buried in harness and heading over to driver side the fuse panel i would imagine?

i am pretty sure the reaosn why the truck puked out died while driving is probably due to either shorted oil pressure switch or failed FP relay because ECM B fuse was burnt and pump was not priming. i replaced fuse and its priming now. i am gonna at least temporarily bypass jump orange and gray o tan oil press switch wires also until i know for sure that either the switch or the pump dying and over drawing amperage was the cause of failure. after i repair these postive voltage feed injector wires first. its a half ton, under 8600GVW and its not a 7.4L so it doesnt have the well-known failure-prone hot-fuel 20-second timer/module.

just need to find out if the positive feed red and white injector wires do indeed feed off ECM B 10 amp fuse panel.
according to diagram also appears that the white injector hot positive feed wire shares to feed power to the EGR solenoid and also to the fuel vapor or evap solenoid? thx!

Last edited by fast68chevy; 12-26-2018 at 03:23 PM.
fast68chevy is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > C/K