Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Renault > Mégane
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-30-2006, 07:43 AM   #1
megane_2003
AF Newbie

Cant start my megane 1.4 16v

Hey guys, just bought a megane II for my girlfriend, from a jag shop of all places. I've been searching through these forums as i've been having problems starting the bloody thing.

There seems to be a few people maybe having a similar problem, I try to start it as normal and it wont, i dont want to try it too often for fear of flooding it? does anyone know why this is doing this?

Wouldn't want the little lady getting stuck somewhere.
megane_2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 09:35 PM   #2
sparky33
AF Newbie

Send a message via MSN to sparky33
Re: Cant start my megane 1.4 16v

Quote:
Originally Posted by megane_2003
Hey guys, just bought a megane II for my girlfriend, from a jag shop of all places. I've been searching through these forums as i've been having problems starting the bloody thing.

There seems to be a few people maybe having a similar problem, I try to start it as normal and it wont, i dont want to try it too often for fear of flooding it? does anyone know why this is doing this?

Wouldn't want the little lady getting stuck somewhere.
It's most likely an immobiliser fault, when you say it wont start, does the immobiliser light stop flashing when you disarm it or does it still flash?

You won't flood it, the injection system doesn't work like old carbs do.

http://coupe-club.org.uk
sparky33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 03:51 PM   #3
marko18
AF Newbie

Exclamation Re: Cant start my megane 1.4 16v

sounds like the crankshaft sensor is dirty on the connection, try to clean up the connection and see what happens mate ok.
marko18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 04:05 AM   #4
isj0093
AF Newbie

my 1.4 diesel megane had a intermitant starting problem in the morning. then one day would not start. sent to dealers for repair. after two weeks and god knows how many checks they did said they had to remove the cylinder head. they wear still unsure of the problem told me they wear in contact with renault head office. now they are telling me it needs a new engine. i dont understand because when i did start the engine there was nothing wrong it ran perfectly. can you help ?.

Last edited by isj0093; 07-23-2007 at 04:54 AM.
isj0093 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 02:47 AM   #5
c-robotham
AF Newbie

Cant start my megane 1.6e coupe weird

Guys please help me i have a r reg megane coupe the other day outside my house it wouldnt start so i put fuel in and jump started it and it went. Then 3 days later in the heat i drove it about 30 mile and parked it up went to start it an hour later and it wouldnt start. I got the recovery and theres no spark. Had it code read and its showing no faults any ideas??? The immobiliser lights doing what it should be. Please please help me all you clever people out there.
c-robotham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 06:53 AM   #6
Whizzy
AF Newbie

Hi Megane 2003,

Did the car come with a short warranty from the garage....when did you buy the car....if it was me i would take it back there and get them to sort it out
Whizzy is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Renault > Mégane