Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Renault > Mégane
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 08:04 AM   #1
Den-C
AF Newbie

Angry Starting Problems

I'm having problems starting my Renault Megane 1.6 RT 1997 when cold the engine fires but won't run unless you apply light pressure to the accelerater and cuts out when you lift your foot. Once the engine has run for a few minutes and the turned off and left for a few minutes it will start OK but sometimes cuts out when you stop at a junction, Once at notmal temperature the revs somtimes drop right away when you pull up but it does keep running.
Den-C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 02:41 PM   #2
krishnadas
AF Newbie

Re: Starting Problems

Hai, I have also the same problem for my renault megane 1.4 h/b 2000, It starts some times well ,when I go garage to tell about this then it starts well, no warning light on,battery and spark plugs are good ,pls help .
krishnadas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 03:51 PM   #3
wooliepigs
AF Newbie

Hi. I have a Meggane Authentique 1.4 2001, the problem is very simular. I have full electrics, but when I turn the key the is no responds from the engine. The only way of starting the engine is to bump start the car. Have you any idea, I going to push it over a cliff soon.
wooliepigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 08:21 AM   #4
riyafath
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wooliepigs View Post
Hi. I have a Meggane Authentique 1.4 2001, the problem is very simular. I have full electrics, but when I turn the key the is no responds from the engine. The only way of starting the engine is to bump start the car. Have you any idea, I going to push it over a cliff soon.
Please check your starter motor connection. Sometimes these cars have loose connections with the sensors. After starting the car if you can drive smoothly, the fuel pump and the fuel injector is working. It is most probably the connection with the starter motor.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Renault starter motor.jpg (58.5 KB, 2 views)
riyafath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 08:27 AM   #5
riyafath
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Den-C View Post
I'm having problems starting my Renault Megane 1.6 RT 1997 when cold the engine fires but won't run unless you apply light pressure to the accelerater and cuts out when you lift your foot. Once the engine has run for a few minutes and the turned off and left for a few minutes it will start OK but sometimes cuts out when you stop at a junction, Once at notmal temperature the revs somtimes drop right away when you pull up but it does keep running.
You need to change few things first. Sensors are not that much reliable for Megane. You need to change the Fuel filter, Fuel Injector. Expensive item is the fuel pump, but you might not need to change it. You also need to change the Crankshaft Position Sensor and Temperature Sensor - these two are located on the motor box.
riyafath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 06:00 AM   #6
Whizzy
AF Newbie

I would check Idle control valve and TDC sensor (clean if dirty)
Whizzy is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Renault > Mégane