Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Renault > Alpine
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-20-2005, 08:57 PM   #1
bravehart69
AF Newbie

Dinalpin A110

I just bought a 1969 Dinalpin A110 in Mexico and need a user manual and parts list for that car. Also I need information on what is involved to import the car to us and get a tittle in Florida for the car.

Any help is much appreciated !!
bravehart69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 09:16 PM   #2
AF Regular

Since it is a 69 I don't think you have to do anything. 72 or 74 is where you start to run into trouble over emission bits { EPA } and safety related stuff { DOT }

500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 08:20 AM   #3
philt68
AF Newbie

Re: Dinalpin A110

help!

could you tell me how you found/imported your dinalpin please? i've found a '71, and would love to bring it into the country...would you mind if i asked you how much you paid?

thanks very much

phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravehart69
I just bought a 1969 Dinalpin A110 in Mexico and need a user manual and parts list for that car. Also I need information on what is involved to import the car to us and get a tittle in Florida for the car.

Any help is much appreciated !!
philt68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 07:59 PM   #4
bravehart69
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Dinalpin A110

Quote:
Originally Posted by philt68
help!

could you tell me how you found/imported your dinalpin please? i've found a '71, and would love to bring it into the country...would you mind if i asked you how much you paid?

thanks very much

phil
I found the car onthe internet, but have not imported it yet. I still have to find out what I need to do. Paid 9000 $ for the car. What did you pay?
Old 02-12-2005, 08:19 PM   #5
philt68
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Re: Dinalpin A110

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravehart69
I found the car onthe internet, but have not imported it yet. I still have to find out what I need to do. Paid 9000 $ for the car. What did you pay?
9000? no way! the one i'm looking at the guy is asking 17000...is 9000 the average price, or did you get a deal?...would you mind me asking if it was on a website, or you just found the car randomly?

how have your inquiries been going, in terms of shipping the car over to the US-does it seem difficult?

thanks...

you can email me directly, if you want, at philtoledano@yahoo.com
philt68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 05:41 PM   #6
bravehart69
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500
Since it is a 69 I don't think you have to do anything. 72 or 74 is where you start to run into trouble over emission bits { EPA } and safety related stuff { DOT }

What about a model 1975, what do I need to do, can I get it on the road in the US at all??
Old 07-07-2009, 11:01 PM   #7
alpine_wanting
AF Newbie

I am planning to go to Mexico to find a Dinalpin A110, anybody have info on who to talk to or were to start, also how hard is it to bring it north of the border, Thanks,
alpine_wanting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 02:42 AM   #8
bravehart69
AF Newbie

Hi,

I have imported the car to the US myself. Besides the documents that must come with the car (registration and original bill of sale) and a sales contract, I needed 3 forms. One was for DOT, one was for EPA and one was for customs.
My car is a 1972 and it is extempt from EPA and DOT regulations. All you is to check the appropriate boxes on the forms.
You will need all thre forms stamped by customs in order to get the car register in the US.
You can go to the webpage below to download the forms

http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/rules/import/

If you do not want to do the import yourself you can hire a customs broker who will do it for you. The fee is quite hight for the service.

I have a contact in Mexico City who has helped me with parts and stuff. He also owns at least one DINALPIN A110 and might know somebody who is selling. If you give me you emailadress I will ask him to contact you if you want.

Also on Ebay cars are offered once in a while. But be careful, some of the cars are in really bad shape and overpriced.

Hope this helps and good luck.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Renault > Alpine