Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mazda > MX-3
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-21-2007, 12:46 AM   #1
pretty&twisted
AF Newbie

Exclamation i need answers and all the other threads seem dead!!!

ok... so i have a 92 mazda mx3 1.6(yes a little 4 banger). i got the car cuz i thought it was cute as hell and it ended up being a bucket of rocks! i wasnt too upset seeing as how i got it for like $400 and it was still runing... key word "WAS"!!! then the engine blew. i didnt know crap about cars then, so i just put another stock engine in the bucket. since then i've fixed the breaks, clutch, shifter, and working on the exhaust, engine mounts, water pump, and a/c compressor... now i've had the car for like 2yrs now and i am in love with it and it has inspired me to love cars. sadly i'm still a rookie at this. i learn fast but only when something breaks. i want to make my car as bad ass as possible. everyone else sees a hoopty when they look at my car but i see something more. only thing is that i dont know how to get my car to look, sound, or run as fast as my dreams take it. PLEASE SOME ONE GIVE ME A CLUE!!! i'm desprate, i want to do an engine swap, body kit, turbo, all the goods, but i dont know where 2 start!
Old 07-24-2007, 01:03 PM   #2
MazdaX
AF Enthusiast

Re: i need answers and all the other threads seem dead!!!

It's quite simple actually. The MX-3 is easy as hell to upgrade with an extremely large aftermarket support group. If you want speed and power , toss a KL-ZE in the car then go with aggressive cam package , 3" exhaust , tubular headers, hi flow muffler , MSD ignition , 10 mm spark wires , iridium plugs , aluminum radiator , Optima red top battery , hi output alternator , 255 lph fuel pump , bigger injectors , throttle body spacer , intake manifold spacers , and you should be able to run mid to low 13's easy.with a turbo on the KL-ZE , it's not worth it. I would recommend getting a BPT and building it up to be a beast which would blow away a turbo KL-ZE.
Old 09-10-2008, 03:42 PM   #3
TrevorSpencer
AF Newbie

Send a message via MSN to TrevorSpencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MazdaX
It's quite simple actually. The MX-3 is easy as hell to upgrade with an extremely large aftermarket support group. If you want speed and power , toss a KL-ZE in the car then go with aggressive cam package , 3" exhaust , tubular headers, hi flow muffler , MSD ignition , 10 mm spark wires , iridium plugs , aluminum radiator , Optima red top battery , hi output alternator , 255 lph fuel pump , bigger injectors , throttle body spacer , intake manifold spacers , and you should be able to run mid to low 13's easy.with a turbo on the KL-ZE , it's not worth it. I would recommend getting a BPT and building it up to be a beast which would blow away a turbo KL-ZE.
Whats a BPT?
TrevorSpencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 01:30 PM   #4
pumpkin king
AF Newbie

A bpt is a mazda protege factory turbo motor, its pretty much a direct swap for the four banger mx-3. I'm doing the pain in the azz 4 banger to v6 swap in mine, and mazdax I doin think that a bpt will will blow away a boosted ze. I post on probetalk mostly and there arer boosted ze's layin down around 400 horses, plus a ze is going to weigh more and allow more traction. but thats just my opinion.
95 GT,Gumetal,Shaved and,rebuilt ZE heads,intake p and p,UR UDP, MX-3 Flywheel,Razor hood,Quad Sleepy Eyes,NOS,BSA wheels,Sparco seats,STS,CM stage 3, CAI, DUEL CD, 96 Black tails,StreetGlow inside and out, 5% tint. www.cardomain.com/ride/698809
pumpkin king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 03:20 PM   #5
TrevorSpencer
AF Newbie

Send a message via MSN to TrevorSpencer

okay so is this something i wanna do for my ZE?
TrevorSpencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 05:24 PM   #6
pumpkin king
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorSpencer
okay so is this something i wanna do for my ZE?
Is WHAT something you wanna do for your ze?
95 GT,Gumetal,Shaved and,rebuilt ZE heads,intake p and p,UR UDP, MX-3 Flywheel,Razor hood,Quad Sleepy Eyes,NOS,BSA wheels,Sparco seats,STS,CM stage 3, CAI, DUEL CD, 96 Black tails,StreetGlow inside and out, 5% tint. www.cardomain.com/ride/698809
pumpkin king is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mazda > MX-3