Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Hummer (AM General) > Hummer H1
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 05:32 AM   #1
Gunshot
AF Newbie

Question H1 Hummer Fluids

My boss has a 97 H1 with the Turbo Deisel. I need to change the fuel filter and transmission fluid but have never worked on a Hummer. Can someone tell me first, where is the fuel filter? I know it is a cannister, but need instructions on how to do it. Also the transmission, I'm told is Dexron III, how much does it take to do a filter change?

While I have worked on many cars, I have never worked on a Hummer even in the military. If he still had the manual it would be easier, but the cheapest I can find the owner's manual for is $300 on eBay.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Gunny

Last edited by Gunshot; 04-07-2009 at 07:26 AM.
Gunshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 03:14 PM   #2
H1HUMMERMAN
AF Newbie

Re: H1 Hummer Fluids

The fuel filter is located right near the firewll on the driver's side. It's crammed in there and a little tough to get to. There is a black plastic screw-on ring that retains the filter in place. If you have a large oil filter wrench, that usually works for me to get it off. Counterclockwise to loosen like most other things. Once the ring is off, the filter just pulls straight up and out. Install the new one, tighten the ring. Bleed the air out by loosening the air bleeder on top of the new filter, and turn the key to the on position until you see fuel come out of the bleeder, then close the bleeder. The tranny fluid capacity with just pan removal and filter change should be just shy of 8 quarts.
H1HUMMERMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 03:22 AM   #3
Thomas Sams
Banned

Re: H1 Hummer Fluids

Hello Gunny, It's not so difficult, It's easy thing like a game
You will find fuel filter near firewll on the driver's side. You will see a black plastic screw on ring that retains filter in their place. You need get it of just pulls straight up and out, now you change your car's fuel filter. Tight ring back after fuel filter changing.
Thomas Sams is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Hummer (AM General) > Hummer H1