Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail
Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail Nissans greatest 4WDs and SUVs
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-05-2001, 02:10 PM   #61
Philosopher
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: Re: Welding is the simplest and likely strongest

Quote:
Originally posted by ScottG

Yours was the one that bent wasn't it?

Yep, granted that was an old design and we knew it would fail eventually ... I was just giving you some shit.
Philosopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2001, 01:16 AM   #62
Lopaka
AF Newbie

2000 Xterra owners beware!

I received the 4Crawler Sliderz here in Hawaii last week, and I must tell you they are built to last. However, unbeknownst to fabricator, Roger Brown, the specifications for my 2000, 8/99 production Xterra are different than the 2001 specifications he has been using to fabricate the prior 12 sets of 4Crawler SliderZ he has produced for Xterras. My SliderZ do not fit properly! Roger is sending me some spacers to rectify the problem, but I am going to be leaving the Islands for the holidays before I can implement this correction. I can't tell you at this time if the shims Roger provides will correct the problem. My advice to any 2000 Xterra owners who are thinking of purchasing 4Crawler SliderZ at this time is to wait until Roger Brown has had a chance to get ahold of a 2000 Xterra and take some new measurements. The 4Crawler SliderZ are awesome and I think everything is going to work out well, but I also think this heads-up is warranted.
Lopaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2001, 09:37 AM   #63
OffroadX
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to OffroadX
I took some pretty comprehensive measurements of the rail/rocker area a couple weeks ago for someone looking to fab some rails for an Xterra. I've got an '00.
Pass them on if you think he can use them:

length of body between wheel openings: 68"
distance between outer mounting bolt holes: 34" (known to vary slightly)
distance between front and center bolt holes: 15 3/4" ( " )
distance between rear and center bolt holes: 18 3/8" ( " )
space between top mounting bolt and bottom bolt: 2.25"
distance from bottom of rail to bottom mounting bolt: 1.5"
distance from top of rail to top mounting bolt: 1.5"
vertical distance from bottom of rail to pinch seam: 3"
horizontal distance from rail face to pinch seam: 5.25 - 5.5"
horizontal distance from rail face to outermost edge of rocker: 9.5"
height of frame rail: 5 1/4"
width of frame rail: 2.5"

Brent
OffroadX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2001, 11:05 AM   #64
Lopaka
AF Newbie

Mahalo

Thanks Brent, I'll send those measurements along.
Old 12-23-2001, 02:05 AM   #65
Sc00ter
AF Newbie

2000 Xterra owners rejoice!

Quote:
Originally posted by Lopaka
However, unbeknownst to fabricator, Roger Brown, the specifications for my 2000, 8/99 production Xterra are different than the 2001 specifications he has been using to fabricate the prior 12 sets of 4Crawler SliderZ he has produced for Xterras.

Sorry bro, but you are wrong. I was the the owner of the first production run and I own a 06/00. Huey's (prototype) is an 01. It bolted right on for me. Sounds like you just had some bad luck.

Quote:
My SliderZ do not fit properly! My advice to any 2000 Xterra owners who are thinking of purchasing 4Crawler SliderZ at this time is to wait until Roger Brown has had a chance to get ahold of a 2000 Xterra and take some new measurements.

No need to wait because he already has proof the sliders will mount just fine. We bolted my set up on Dec 2nd without any hassle.

I think this may be a simiilar issue to the ARB bull bar and the stock frame holes moving around.

Best of luck,
Old 12-23-2001, 08:34 PM   #66
Lopaka
AF Newbie

Not wrong!

ScOOter,

My SliderZ bolted on just fine. The problem is the front of the outer bar is 1/2" to 5/8" closer to the body at the front of the Xterra than at the rear. The front bar is so close to the body that if it were to flex upward slightly, it would dig into the rocker panel before the pinch seam rested on the inner bar. Roger is sending me some shims/spacers to place under the front and middle mounting plates to extend the front of the bar outward far enough to clear the rocker panel should it flex upward.

The measurements OffroadX posted are the same as mine. After I e-mailed those measurments to Roger, he confermed they were different than those he used to fabricate my sliders. He told me he took his measurements from a 2001 Xterra.

I would post pictures of what I'm talking about but I'm in Bellevue, Washington right now.

Glad your bars fit right. Can't wait to get my situtation straightened out.