Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail Nissans greatest 4WDs and SUVs
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-03-2002, 06:23 PM   #46
Schludwiller
XTerra Guy

Quote:
Originally posted by OffroadX
Might be able to slap in a pair of SLR lift shackles to compensate...

Brent
That's what I did.
Old 10-04-2002, 08:09 AM   #47
OffroadX
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to OffroadX
So to clarify, you can keep your extended-length shocks with the Darlington shock mounts and SLR AAL's if you also throw on lift shackles, which raise the upper shock mount to compensate for the raising of the lower shock mount by the Darlington mounts. Correct?

And again, I have OE length shocks, which will be fine when coupled with SLR AAL's and the Darlington mounts but without shackles.

Brent
OffroadX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2002, 11:45 AM   #48
O1SalsaX
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to O1SalsaX Send a message via Yahoo to O1SalsaX
From what I was hearing from Kennedy. He said that that if you have the longer Bilsteins you can use the Leave spring skids, They will mount the lower shock bolt lower on the skid to compensate for the long shock.

If you are running stock Length shocks, then they will give you the skids with the higher bolt location, again to compensate for the length. They vary the bolt location based on your setup. From what he was telling me, they can accomodate pretty much ANY configuration, stock shock/ AALs, Extended shock, Spring pack.. Just drop them an email and they can pick out which setup is right for your rig..

I'll be getting a set of those soon. My lower shock bolts arent coming off without the aid of a sawzall.

I hope this helped. I think he stated this earlier in this thread.

L8r
O1SalsaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2002, 01:40 PM   #49
rrdstarr
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
So to clarify, you can keep your extended-length shocks with the Darlington shock mounts and SLR AAL's if you also throw on lift shackles, which raise the upper shock mount to compensate for the raising of the lower shock mount by the Darlington mounts. Correct?

And again, I have OE length shocks, which will be fine when coupled with SLR AAL's and the Darlington mounts but without shackles.

Brent
Right on both accounts!!!
rrdstarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2002, 02:24 AM   #50
ChuckH
AF Enthusiast

Quote:

Brent
Remember though that your compressed distance is still the same. You will want to put in bumpstop extensions or you will still bottom out the shock before hitting the bumpstops. I have the extra length Bilstiens and with the stock mounting spot they are within about 1/4" of bottoming out when the axle is up to the bumpstop so i know that wouldn't work with the Skidderz unless you extend the bumpstops to keept he axle from going up as high. The AAL's and shackles don't control that upward travel.

If you are putting in AAL's and shackles you'll want to extend the bumpstops anyway to avoid having your tires destroy the inside of your fenders when stuffed (more droop on one side means more stuff and increased tire angle on the other side).

Does that make sense?

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail