Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-01-2003, 11:15 PM   #76
Jimster
Here for the pussy, man.

Send a message via ICQ to Jimster Send a message via AIM to Jimster Send a message via Yahoo to Jimster
Re: nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastchevylover
like i said bro, if you take the time and spend the money to do the work to make the car fast ill give you all the props in the world i love any car as long as it commands respect through PERFORMANCE. I'm a muscle car lover myself and only 16 so i probably only know half of what you guys do, so if i left a couple of the honda engines out it was just oversight i wasn't trying to be naive. lol. thanks for fillin me in though!

No problem- we all gotta start somewhere

2007 Audi A4 3.0 TDI Le Mans
Jimster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2003, 09:55 AM   #77
racingbreed20
AF Enthusiast

Funny I like Hondas I just don't like that many honda owners.

If you've never owned more than 4 cars in you're life.....dont talk to me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 384143_1.jpg (20.6 KB, 7 views)
racingbreed20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2003, 09:21 PM   #78
mattyj
AF Newbie

Re: Honda haters?

I agree with racingbreed, the problem with hondas started with "The fast and the Furious" it made the drivers little pricks. They have this obsession with Folgers can exhausts and carbon fiber steering wheels. In turn they sit there and knock you down for not doing up your car the way the movie said to and race around thinking they're professional drivers. Now, I like the old honda Preludes I think they are quick for what they were originally made for but I like "muscle cars" more. Everyone who says that ricers are better and faster etc.... don't take into account that they also weigh 1/4 of what a "muscle car" weighs. Today fiber glass and plastic make up about 65% of the car, import or domestic. back in the day only a few cars were made of these materials, i.e. Corvette and the Shelby cobra. Honda's are good long lasting commuter cars that have potential to be brought up to racing class. Same goes for all the old Chevy's, Pontiacs, Mopars etc... it's all the same but a whole lot smaller now.
mattyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 02:23 PM   #79
Slimracer12
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Slimracer12 Send a message via Yahoo to Slimracer12

I have respect for any can that can talk the shit and walk it but it is the hondas who r dx coupes that have intake and rims and think that they r the sh*t that pisses me off. It is those guys who give honda owners a bad rep.
Slimracer12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 04:30 PM   #80
hangman
AF Newbie

i have the same problem in my town. there is a tricked out eclipse with the rims carbon fiber hood and great decal job along with paint and body kit. About 5 grand worth of stuff on the body, But it was taken on the strip by a stock SVT Ford Contour. i have nothing against somebody who can walk as well as talk, but for those retards who trick out the body but yet can barely pump their own gas let alone install a turbo kit system GIVE IT UP!!!!!!! just because you guys look stupid dont mean u gotta act like it
hangman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 06:22 PM   #81
youngvr4
STREET RACING GURU

in my city its kinda diff, most people around here know what there doing with there honda's, i've been in a few hard races with some integra's and one civic hatch. these guys look pretty and they back there looks along with it, maybe not running 12's but low 14's and high 13's is respectable from a honda civic, let alone there are some 12's around.
and as for the dumb guys with a can and rims, i like em, they give me something to laugh at.
youngvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 02:18 PM   #82
skrow03GT
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Honda haters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2strokebloke
FWD is better than RWD (especially when you're using an engine mounted in the front, rear engined cars are a different story) FWD is more versatile than RWD in many ways and there is no reason, that a FWD platform would not be able to perform as well as a RWD platform in drag racing - maybe if drag racers would stop being so old fashioned and reluctant to try out something different, there'd be more FWD drag cars out there?

I just revisited this thread, and I couldnt help but laugh my ass off at this post again....what a troll...
MAC Prochamber 2.5" HTS
Flowmaster AT 2 Chamber Cat-Back
Eibach Pro-Kit
Tokico Illuminas 5-way Shocks/Struts
X2C v2.0 UCA/LCA's
FRPP 4.10 Gears
Aluminum d/s
Steeda Tri-Ax
Steeda T/A 14*
Nitto 275/45 Drag Radials
Bullit Intake

Waiting to Install : NX 100 Wet Shot
skrow03GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 03:55 PM   #83
hangman
AF Newbie

with FWD the power to the car goes to the front wheels, therefore inhibiting the steering on the road. it ok for straight shots, and it or 4WD is always a must in places where winter happens. RWD is ideal for better steering response because your front tires are not under so much stress when turning and accellerating at once. i think both can be good, it just depends on your reasons for having one or the other. however FWD cars are more known for less power at the wheels, and are typically smaller than RWD
hangman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 09:12 PM   #84
Ground Rat
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Ground Rat

You could say I'm more of a domestic guy, but I don't hate Hondas. The only Honda car I would build would be a hybrid hatch, though. What I do hate is cocky and disrepectful drivers. I can't stand the sore loser that does a flyby, and puts the hazards on after you beat him. I also hate it when you get beat and the other guy goes on and on about how slow your ride is. Sh*t, if you really are a car enthusiast, you would be helping other people out instead of bashing their ride. I think tuning an LS1 to run low 11 is cool, but I think tuning an integra to run a 13 can be equally cool.
'92 Typhoon #591
Ground Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2003, 07:23 PM   #85
freakonaleash1187
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to freakonaleash1187 Send a message via MSN to freakonaleash1187

i have never really liked hondas. cuz most of the hondas i see here (kansas city metro) are jus eye candy and have no speed. i have beaten a couple hondas with body kits on and i have an oldsmobile. i am getting a 300zx soon and cant wait to beat all the hondas. there are a couple hondas i admire (prelude and S2000), but i dont like the majority of them.
freakonaleash1187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2003, 10:07 PM   #86
1990v6z24
AF Newbie

I hate kids that go "all show, no go" and then think they are fast. I don't care if its a import or domestic. Luckily we don't have that problem out here in corn country. Very hard for a kid to make money and most kids just put a system in their car, very little performance modding goes on and just as little "ricing".....Except this damn avenger with fake plastic hood scoops, wheels, a window banner, and nothing else and this kid acts like hes got a ferrari.
1990v6z24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2003, 07:10 PM   #87
Ground Rat
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Ground Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1990v6z24
Except this damn avenger with fake plastic hood scoops, wheels, a window banner, and nothing else and this kid acts like hes got a ferrari.
Time to put his punk ass in his place.
'92 Typhoon #591
Ground Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2003, 07:36 PM   #88
1990v6z24
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ground Rat
Time to put his punk ass in his place.
Some kids were talking about taking his plastic hood scoops and putting them on the principals van.
Old 12-27-2003, 07:36 PM   #89
youngvr4
STREET RACING GURU

well thanks to me there's a lot of car doors laying around in the streets that belong to ricers, i put them in there place while most people with fast cars don't even bother to race them i do it to show them just how slow there cars are. my girlfriend tells me all the time "pic on somebody your own horsepower" but i let them know that they are slow as hell.
youngvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2003, 07:38 PM   #90
1990v6z24
AF Newbie

In fact I dont even think that avenger has custom wheels just the scoops and banner.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General